Scotland's Shame

13 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Erm because the tragic/shameful shite is going on at Scottish football grounds or involving Scottish football sides :lol: 

Unfortunately for you not everyone brushes it under the carpet to pander to the bunch of sad welts.   If you don't like it I suggest you pop back over to follow follow or light a candle or some other tragic shite. 

Considering the media coverage and arrests recently, a football ground appears to be the only platform you’ll get to protest the monarch 

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I did yeah 

You’d be arrested for protesting against the crown in this country 

If you done it in Scotland right now then no, you wouldn't.  If you do it like a tosser when the head of the union is in a coffin 5 minutes away then you would have rightly have done so. 

What's your opinion of Celtic fans belting out IRA songs all night long this evening?  Scummy as f**k, eh? 

Edited by Hoose Rice

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

If you done it in Scotland right now then no, you wouldn't.  If you do it like a tosser when the head of the union is in a coffin 5 minutes away then you would have rightly have done so. 

What's your opinion of Celtic fans belting out IRA songs all night long this evening?  Scummy as f**k, eh? 

“Rightly so”

lol Behave, and don’t try and change the subject 

10 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not that I agree or disagree with protesting the monarchy however I’m curious as to why the presence of the head of the union makes a difference as to whether or not you would be arrested for protesting?

15 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

This , or they could easily have been arrested for their own protection

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Not that I agree or disagree with protesting the monarchy however I’m curious as to why the presence of the head of the union makes a difference as to whether or not you would be arrested for protesting?

The police are there to make sure large crowds are safe, peaceful and protected.  If you go against the large crowds that are there and the simple reason they are there you are breaching it.   The protests where simply looking for trouble.  it's not that hard to understand. 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

“Rightly so”

lol Behave, and don’t try and change the subject 

Sorry, cat got your tongue? 

The subject is Scotlands Shame. 

A group of fans representing a Scottish club abroad singing IRA songs is shameful and scummy.  Agreed? 

Edited by Hoose Rice

26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Sorry, cat got your tongue? 

The subject is Scotlands Shame. 

A group of fans representing a Scottish club abroad singing IRA songs is shameful and scummy.  Agreed? 

There were more much more offensive anti monarchy protests and banners tonight than at the Celtic game. If it offends you look the other way because it won’t stop. By all means mourn your loss but don’t get offended when others don’t. The Empire isn’t all that popular outside the UK so your best just to do what you feel is right and not worry about others. Irish people have been singing about their patriots and independence for hundreds of years and will be doing the same in a hundred years from now. And the same is true in all countries that won their independence from Britain. So commemorate your Queen in your own way among your own likeminded people. But let other’s do what they see fit and try and have an open mind or just ignore it. Either way you’ll never change it.

39 minutes ago, Buckets said:

There were more much more offensive anti monarchy protests and banners tonight than at the Celtic game. If it offends you look the other way because it won’t stop. By all means mourn your loss but don’t get offended when others don’t. The Empire isn’t all that popular outside the UK so your best just to do what you feel is right and not worry about others. Irish people have been singing about their patriots and independence for hundreds of years and will be doing the same in a hundred years from now. And the same is true in all countries that won their independence from Britain. So commemorate your Queen in your own way among your own likeminded people. But let other’s do what they see fit and try and have an open mind or just ignore it. Either way you’ll never change it.

Thats fair enough in general.

What the f**k has it got to do with Celtic playing in Poland though?  It's sad as f**k.  It doesn't offend me but it's utterly pathetic.

Why should anyone look the other way and not comment on it?  

The empire may be not be popular outside the UK but we are talking about Scottish football clubs.

Celtic and their support aren't Irish people.  They are a Scottish Football club.

If you don't like it f**k off to Ireland and protest.   What part of the Republic of Ireland is Glasgow in?  Take your bigotry elsewhere and away and support Shamrock Rovers and boo, protest and make any banners you want.   At least then you will stop embarrassing Scotland pretending to be Irish. 

17 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thats fair enough in general.

What the f**k has it got to do with Celtic playing in Poland though?  It's sad as f**k.  It doesn't offend me but it's utterly pathetic.

Why should anyone look the other way and not comment on it?  

The empire may be not be popular outside the UK but we are talking about Scottish football clubs.

Celtic and their support aren't Irish people.  They are a Scottish Football club.

If you don't like it f**k off to Ireland and protest.   What part of the Republic of Ireland is Glasgow in?  Take your bigotry elsewhere and away and support Shamrock Rovers and boo, protest and make any banners you want.   At least then you will stop embarrassing Scotland pretending to be Irish. 

I’m not going to explain Celtic’s link to Ireland or their Irish supporters. I was suggesting looking away because you seemed irritated by people expressing their views. If you can ignore the feelings from the colonies you should do the same with Ireland or Celtic. They’ll never be British so will never conform in the ways you want them to. 

The UK is a democracy, you are allowed to have anti monarchy opinions without leaving the country. Also not sure protesting against the Royals is classed as bigotry but there are other examples. It’s great to have an open mind and try to see things from others viewpoints, not everyone has had the same upbringing as you and the monarchy might represent something to them that it doesn’t to you. But that’s why I just suggested focusing on your own mourning and not those who will inevitably protest because it’s not going away any time soon .