Scotland's Shame

That's one of the main issues with Facebook vigilantes...they usually get the wrong person.   Guaranteed that despite a completely different individual being charged yer auld aunty will still share this guys picture in about three years time. 

I'm not sure who you are referring too.  I was just saying he seemed to get it tight and wrongly so from social media .. a breathing ground for morons

I know it’s a breathing ground for morons but if you run a page that has 30k followers then you should be more responsible than to share the picture and name of a guy and accuse him of such a heinous act and if you get it wrong you should be accountable for it and the page should be shut down. I only saw the video of Brown at about 8 pm last night because a Celtic fan i’m friends with shared it and it was from a page called Glasgow Celtic Champions and then within an hour the page was revealing the guys identity and his Facebook was being bombarded after he posted saying that it wasn’t him and that he was nowhere near the incident and that he was with his pregnant gf , they were expecting a daughter in a few months and that he’d never say such a thing. I know it’s not specific to the old firm but this internet vigilante nonsense is absolutely horrible and a page with that many followers shouldn’t be allowed to share anyone’s identity in such a case, even if they were 100% sure it was him they still shouldn’t be naming and shaming anyone.

55 minutes ago, throbber said:

I know it’s a breathing ground for morons but if you run a page that has 30k followers then you should be more responsible than to share the picture and name of a guy and accuse him of such a heinous act and if you get it wrong you should be accountable for it and the page should be shut down. I only saw the video of Brown at about 8 pm last night because a Celtic fan i’m friends with shared it and it was from a page called Glasgow Celtic Champions and then within an hour the page was revealing the guys identity and his Facebook was being bombarded after he posted saying that it wasn’t him and that he was nowhere near the incident and that he was with his pregnant gf , they were expecting a daughter in a few months and that he’d never say such a thing. I know it’s not specific to the old firm but this internet vigilante nonsense is absolutely horrible and a page with that many followers shouldn’t be allowed to share anyone’s identity in such a case, even if they were 100% sure it was him they still shouldn’t be naming and shaming anyone.

I totally agree with you mate.. people put 2+ 2 together and came out with 7 but as you say it's not unusual for it to happen on social media where it gives a platform for morons to be morons. There was also fairly popular rangers supporters page that had his name published not to mention one of the red tops. I think he was blamed because he originally posted the video with laughing emojis, maybe in future he will think twice about being a c**t on social media.. but I doubt it. 

Edited by Bohemian

It’s a fair point. You’d think if there was any wrongdoing done due to mistaken identity then the individual involved will have grounds to hire a good criminal defence lawyer.

I don’t think anyone will disagree with you.

10 minutes ago, scoobles said:

What disturbs me most is the fact that a 15yr old came out with that. (allegedly)
That's learned behavior and that is terrifyingly sad.

/Before yesterday I couldn't tell you anything about Scott Brown's family and I wish that was still the case

Same here. (I probably read at the time of his sister's death, but it certainly hasn't been the first thing I've thought of whenever Scott Brown is mentioned.)

Glad to see that the culprit has been charged. Only 15 which is pretty disgusting but hopefully young enough to be taught a valuable lesson so he can change his ways.

On the trial by Facebook of the other guy, it's never a good idea and usually involves idiots who lack critical thinking skills sharing a post without any evidence.

On 03/09/2019 at 21:11, The_Kincardine said:

Imagine trivialising the death of a sister in this way.  This is a horrific post.

Quite the little Mr Sanctimonious when it suits, eh ??  Everyone agrees with the sentiment that the wee scuzzball was probably playing billy big bawz in front of his blue brethern and what was said was truly disgusting.  However, for a died-in-the-wool bigot like you to assume the moral high ground due to the original message containing a wee dig at you and yours,  your transparent and fragile morality comes very much to the fore.   Luckily, most regulars here are fully aware of where your true morals and beliefs are, so . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I must be the only one that’s glad it’s a wee 15 year old gobshite than a grown man.

The kid will hopefully grow up and forever realise how cuntish it was and learn from it.

Probably won’t. Will probably go through the rest of their life thinking it was cracking banter to wind up that Broony fae’ the Sellik, and will forever wonder why people gave them grief about it. Probably shouted it at the time thinking it would be a hoot to get it on social media.

Let’s hope that’s not the case though. Let’s hope the obnoxious, vile wee cnut proves me wrong.

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

The wee shite would be getting back slaps from a lot of the pond life on that Rangers Media site. 

To be fair the vast majority of posts on the topic on Bigot Media were slamming the guy and backing Scott Brown.  A few "what about them" type posts was as bad as it got and even those were shouted down.

It would appear that humanity has won on this occasion.