Scotland's Shame

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well even taking away any 'official' connection - and agree that, "They are connected in every way , shape or form" is absolute bilge - then what is the connection between Rangers and the Orange Order?  It really goes no further than a tiny* proportion of Rangers' support being Orangemen.

Edit for clarity:  If you lumped all of the members of the OO in attendance at an average home game I'd be surprised if you filled the away corner.  You may add a few to the number if you include the actual away support - depending on which team we were playing.

And how many of them would support Rangers? And would they all support them just because they're local Glasgow lads?

ETA - the size of their membership isn't really relevant to the debate

Edited by Dons_1988

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

And how many of them would support Rangers? And would they all support them just because they're local Glasgow lads?

The point I was trying to make was that there can't be many more than 1,000 Orangemen at Ibrox for home games.  It represents a small % of our support.  Add in the acknowledgement that there's no official connection between the two organisations and you'll see that my contention was entirely justified.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I quite like flute music, you'd think that the Most Loyal Staunch Loyalist Proddy Ultra Loyal Proddy Prod Prod  flute bands and the Finbarr McTerrorist James O'Connolly Balaclava Gang Bang Shamrock Muzak Collective could get together and bond over shared musical  interests.

Now That's What I Call Music 191690.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The point I was trying to make was that there can't be many more than 1,000 Orangemen at Ibrox for home games.  It represents a small % of our support.  Add in the acknowledgement that there's no official connection between the two organisations and you'll see that my contention was entirely justified.

OK, are all of them just local lads who are fans, or do some travel from Northern Ireland? If so, it's a strange choice of club for a Northern Irishman. And do all OO members who support Rangers regularly attend games or do they support from afar?

ETA - How many people that attend and support OO marches support Rangers and are they all members?

Edited by Dons_1988

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

OK, are all of them just local lads who are fans, or do some travel from Northern Ireland? If so, it's a strange choice of club for a Northern Irishman. And do all OO members who support Rangers regularly attend games or do they support from afar?

Local lads:  No idea.  I'm sure some members of lodges in Ireland, north or south, will come to Ibrox, most will not.

Rangers Orangemen going to football:  A minority will go to games.  But then the Orange Order in Scotland is a small organisation so if you strip out the ones who don't follow football, those who support other teams and those who are armchair fans like me then you arrive at a tiny % of Rangers' support who are active as fans and as Orangemen.  I guessed about the 1,000 mark but that's probably being generous.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Local lads:  No idea.  I'm sure some members of lodges in Ireland, north or south, will come to Ibrox, most will not.
Rangers Orangemen going to football:  A minority will go to games.  But then the Orange Order in Scotland is a small organisation so if you strip out the ones who don't follow football, those who support other teams and those who are armchair fans like me then you arrive at a tiny % of Rangers' support who are active as fans and as Orangemen.  I guessed about the 1,000 mark but that's probably being generous.

Why do these guys from Ireland support rangers?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I quite like flute music, you'd think that the Most Loyal Staunch Loyalist Proddy Ultra Loyal Proddy Prod Prod  flute bands and the Finbarr McTerrorist James O'Connolly Balaclava Gang Bang Shamrock Muzak Collective could get together and bond over shared musical  interests.

I reckon this is my favourite album, after Springsteen’s ‘Live in Glasgow’, AC/DC’s ‘Powerage’, Genesis’ ‘Trick of the Tail’, or, well, a few hundred others.  it’s definitely my favourite flute-based record by a beardy Ulsterman. Definitely....maybe.

0F282382-104C-4DDD-BEC9-F34D4A1B4EFC.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No, you're right. I'm sure none of them see Rangers as a representation of any of their beliefs.

You are building an argument for a connection between Rangers and the OO based on a hypothetical Orangemen from Donegal going to Ibrox?  

Now that is tenuous.

27 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I wondered what had happened to the billion pounds...

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Macwhitshisname has already been there...

F*** me, he got his hands on it?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why do these guys from Ireland support rangers?

Lets ask Diamond Dan the Orangeman (aka Sash Gordon)

news-graphics-2007-_652287a.jpg.c408df6b4f39edef5803b6de5e3189ad.jpg

" Lack of education kids!"

What are some symptoms I should look out for Sash ?

Crime

Spoiler

396348121_download(1).jpg.640b778e0e26ab866e569d4b452df5fd.jpg

Drug use

Spoiler

584441845_download(2).jpg.578623dd0afa6b335aa1b6d510db6c67.jpg

Sexual risk taking

Spoiler

rd.jpg.649f067162a5bc576a7a61d2e6d2ee83.jpg

Ok thanks Sash!

news-graphics-2007-_652287a.jpg.c408df6b4f39edef5803b6de5e3189ad.jpg

"No surrender kids"

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t be silly. He’s from portrush.

Well that's me confounded then.  I entirely forgot about the hypothetical bloke from North Antrim when I said last week, "Some on here genuinely think there's a connection between The Orange Order and Rangers."  How silly of me.

For the sake of The Kincardine, can anyone please provide evidence that shows The Rangers 2012 are officially, and I do mean officially, linked in any way with vermin. Otherwise it’s all simply in the minds of us diddies.

Thank you in advance, my fellow Sevco slanderers.

Edited by pozbaird