Scotland's Shame

16 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

95 % of Orange order members are Rangers supporters . They might not be on the board but they are in the stands . They are connected in every way , shape or form and you know it  You even have an Orange strip to pander to them ffs. Vanguard Bears levels of whatabouterry here.

Let's not forget that the Orange Order have threatened paramilitary violence should Scotland become independent. That's the sort of people we're talking about.

7 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Let's not forget that the Orange Order have threatened paramilitary violence should Scotland become independent. That's the sort of people we're talking about.

It'll be funny though. How many are there these days? Around 50 or so?

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

I'm sure they'll leap into action to defend what's most dear to them, just like when Rangers died.

On 31/08/2019 at 23:01, pozbaird said:

Here’s the glass bowl presentation party on their way to Ibrox. The bowl was in the Union flag bag. 

DD2FD254-D0D9-44F8-93BD-FB9A750B05E9.jpeg

Stevie the Bookie turning up to take the shop lease over in the identity of his sister Senga, after another winning accumulator from Winston Ingram.

On 01/09/2019 at 19:58, Mr Pikey said:

95 % of Orange order members are Rangers supporters . They might not be on the board but they are in the stands . They are connected in every way , shape or form and you know it  You even have an Orange strip to pander to them ffs. Vanguard Bears levels of whatabouterry here.

Certainly this is absolute nonsense.  First of all, a good chunk of Orangemen I have ever known have not had much interest in football.  Let's say 25%.  A fair number supported other teams.  So I'd put the number at around the 50% mark if that high.  In some lodges it will be higher but in other lodges - especially away from Glasgow - it will be much lower.

The idea that there's any connection between Rangers and The Orange Order is the stuff of fantasy but what's even more bizarre is the suggestion that, "They are connected in every way , shape or form" 

So every aspect of Rangers FC's activity is connected to the Orange Order?  Is that really what you are trying to say?  FFS and people think I'm a fantasist.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

So every aspect of Rangers FC's activity is connected to the Orange Order?  Is that really what you are trying to say?  FFS and people think I'm a fantasist.

Scouting and signing targets are all dealt with by the OO, specifically their Director of Footfall...

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Certainly this is absolute nonsense.  First of all, a good chunk of Orangemen I have ever known have not had much interest in football.  Let's say 25%.  A fair number supported other teams.  So I'd put the number at around the 50% mark if that high.  In some lodges it will be higher but in other lodges - especially away from Glasgow - it will be much lower.

The idea that there's any connection between Rangers and The Orange Order is the stuff of fantasy but what's even more bizarre is the suggestion that, "They are connected in every way , shape or form" 

Did you type that with a straight face?

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Did you type that with a straight face?

Well I typed my original statement last week and so far no one has shown any connection between Rangers and the OO beyond the most tenuous.  You'd think if,  "They are connected in every way , shape or form" then it would be easy to do.

So apart from something we could say of many organisations such as, "Some member of the OO support Rangers" what is the connection between the two at an organisational level?  There quite simply isn't one.

I quite like flute music, you'd think that the Most Loyal Staunch Loyalist Proddy Ultra Loyal Proddy Prod Prod  flute bands and the Finbarr McTerrorist James O'Connolly Balaclava Gang Bang Shamrock Muzak Collective could get together and bond over shared musical  interests.

Edited by ICTChris

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well I typed my original statement last week and so far no one has shown any connection between Rangers and the OO beyond the most tenuous.  You'd think if,  "They are connected in every way , shape or form" then it would be easy to do.

So apart from something we could say of many organisations such as, "Some member of the OO support Rangers" what is the connection between the two at an organisational level?  There quite simply isn't one.

Fine, if we're talking official connections between the club, I'll concede. But to say there isn't any connection between them is either wilful ignorance or lies. I'm not debating orange shirts with you again though.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Fine, if we're talking official connections between the club, I'll concede. But to say there isn't any connection between them is either wilful ignorance or lies. I'm not debating orange shirts with you again though.

Well even taking away any 'official' connection - and agree that, "They are connected in every way , shape or form" is absolute bilge - then what is the connection between Rangers and the Orange Order?  It really goes no further than a tiny* proportion of Rangers' support being Orangemen.

Edit for clarity:  If you lumped all of the members of the OO in attendance at an average home game I'd be surprised if you filled the away corner.  You may add a few to the number if you include the actual away support - depending on which team we were playing.

Edited by The_Kincardine