Scotland's Shame

Whats the words to this song that make it so bad. mentioned by delegate when other stuff gets ignored week in week out in other parts of Glasgow.

Classic whataboutery

I think a partial stadium closure is the only way to go here .

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I always took that song as a message of f**k you to the arse cheeks and the shite they bring into the football. A pretty intellectual wee ditty in fact. 

Clearly, the intent in the song is to state that as a diddy fan, you have no interest in the bollocks the ‘OF’ indulge in, one side blessing the Pope, or the other side wanting God to save the Queen, and the associated republican / loyalist shite they bring to Scottish football. It’s nothing to do with the Pope or the Queen themselves,  and wanting to see both of these people fcuked. Having said that, the language used, merely taken at face value, is troublesome. St Mirren fans stopped singing this ditty a good while ago. Best to just let it die. Not worth it.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

Clearly, the intent in the song is to state that as a diddy fan, you have no interest in the bollocks the ‘OF’ indulge in, one side blessing the Pope, or the other side wanting God to save the Queen. It’s nothing to do with the Pope or the Queen. Having said that, the language used, merely taken at face value, is troublesome. St Mirren fans stopped singing this ditty a good while ago. Best to just let it die.

I agree tbf. If the main root of sectarianism in Scottish Football is to be pulled up, it is important that the diddy clubs do everything in their power to ensure the pandering c***s at the SFA and the media dont get to continue their narrative that its not an Old Firm problem but a Scotland problem. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Clearly, the intent in the song is to state that as a diddy fan, you have no interest in the bollocks the ‘OF’ indulge in, one side blessing the Pope, or the other side wanting God to save the Queen, and the associated republican / loyalist shite they bring to Scottish football. It’s nothing to do with the Pope or the Queen themselves,  and wanting to see both of these people fcuked. Having said that, the language used, merely taken at face value, is troublesome. St Mirren fans stopped singing this ditty a good while ago. Best to just let it die. Not worth it.

Yes, this.

Singing loudly about fucking people is ostensibly a bit unpleasant and therefore best avoided.  Am I right in saying a young Ayr fan got convicted for this song a couple of years ago?

Let's not pretend though that the song provides evidence of sectarian behaviour, when we all understand that it's actually an expression of the rejection of just that.  

I see there was more trouble in Govan tonight with regards to an Irish march.

It's about time these marches and walks were banned from both sides. If you want to celebrate that sort of shite f**k off over to Ireland and do it, then see how long you last.

This has been no ordinary week in the build up to an Old Firm game. Sunday is going to be an absolute shit fest all over the country, even more than usual.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I see there was more trouble in Govan tonight with regards to an Irish march.

It's about time these marches and walks were banned from both sides. If you want to celebrate that sort of shite f**k off over to Ireland and do it, then see how long you last.

This has been no ordinary week in the build up to an Old Firm game. Sunday is going to be an absolute shit fest all over the country, even more than usual.

Agreed. Clinging on to divisions of the past has no place in a society that hopes to be united. Get all of these marches squarely in the fucking bin. 

Also agreed on Sundays game. Has shame game written all over it.