Scotland's Shame

37 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Well,  Sweden is well known for its volatile, reactionary state apparatus, so it was definitely all for no reason at all.  Errrr......

The chap in the army jacket and balaclava was definitely only there to watch his team. Maybe he had heard Sweden is really cold?  Best fans in the world, got a UEFA award for being pure brillyint, small minority of troublemakers, the other side are worse than us, etc etc...

image.png.381fcd4eb480445edeed5b63326c12d9.png

Seen a video of the incident last night. Looked a lot like the polis/security towards the bottom were hoping someone would start so they could wade in. The one with the black sunglasses on was talking on his radio and to a couple of the other police and then pushes himself forward into the fan in front of him, then opens up. Was the shitiest football riot I have ever seen.

41 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Well,  Sweden is well known for its volatile, reactionary state apparatus, so it was definitely all for no reason at all.  Errrr......

Sweden surprisingly has quite a problem with Hooligans. Im not saying Celtic fans were innocent at all but generally you find those countries with hooligans elements have quite zealous police to counter it.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Sweden surprisingly has quite a problem with Hooligans. Im not saying Celtic fans were innocent at all but generally you find those countries with hooligans elements have quite zealous police to counter it.

Plenty of evidence around Europe that the police are quite happy to charge and baton anyone if they are in the mood. The picture is the usual of loads of shouting and finger pointing fans whilst a policeman is laying in to a guy that appears to be isolated.  As ever, one photograph means nothing.  Either Celtic fans were at it and had it coming or the local polis fancy a  bit.

20 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Another week, another ‘OF’ game, another act of scumfuckery. How many times do these cnuts need to be told that pyrotechnics in an enclosed area of a football stadium are dangerous / banned items / illegal / will get your club fined?

Every year, season after season.  They just keep doing it. They are a law unto themselves, and, one must assume, thick fcukwits who simply cannot, and will not, take a telling. Hope UEFA hammer these cnuts too.

Greatest fans in the world. Away and fcuk yersels. Let’s play tomorrow’s ‘Celtic / Scottish Media Bingo’... chalk them off...

It was a minority.

Spoiling it for decent fans.

We have tried everything.

The Swedish police over-reacted.

The Swedish police were heavy handed.

The safety standards of the stadium were....

....yadda, fcuk, yadda, divert, yadda-yadda, the other lot are worse, leave us alone, stop criminalising football fans... or else, we’ll paint a banner. We will, just you see. A fcuking big one too. Fcuk Abba anyway.

:lol:

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

It doesn't.  I've been to Sweden dozens of times and watched AIK, Djurgårdens and Hammarby a number of times - with my most recent ex father in law being a huge Ah Ee Ko fan and teaching my son AIK chants and taking him to games. 

East Fife vs Cowdenbeath has a bigger hooligan problem than you'd get in Stockholm.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It doesn't.  I've been to Sweden dozens of times and watched AIK, Djurgårdens and Hammarby a number of times - with my most recent ex father in law being a huge Ah Ee Ko fan and teaching my son AIK chants and taking him to games. 

East Fife vs Cowdenbeath has a bigger hooligan problem than you'd get in Stockholm.

That would be more a family fallout, though.

A small minority eh? That's what the official statement states about their own bigots at sevco. Certainly doesn't like it when you hear them in full cry. Must just be a habit. Having your club ripped apart and liquidated can leave a lingering bitter taste for sevco fans.