Scotland's Shame

The twitter clip seems to show Dunfermline fans singing the Tom Beadling song with some 15 year old dickhead changing the words. There are clips of Dunfermline fans singing sad f***** b*****d, which could be regarded as sectarian,  so I, along with what would seem like most Dunfermline fans condemn it and feel has no place at Dunfermline games. 

Edited by Torpar

Why is the BBC coverage referring to it as 'sectarian singing'... e.g. headline is Rangers: Uefa orders Ibrox section to close after 'sectarian singing'... not plain sectarian singing?

Even the Rangers statement says UEFA has ruled a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match. No apostrophes. They aren't appealing.

Does it have some other name in more common usage? Is any credible person or body suggesting there was no such singing? If even the national broadcaster feels the need to caveat it or cast doubt on its nature, what hope do we have.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

What’s that? UEFA heard unacceptable singing and took action?

Heads gone at hampden right now you can bet.

Police Scotland have confirmed three arrests were made on the night of the St Joseph's game, but none for sectarian singing. The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League have declined to comment.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Why is the BBC coverage referring to it as 'sectarian singing'... e.g. headline is Rangers: Uefa orders Ibrox section to close after 'sectarian singing'... and not plain sectarian singing?

Even the Rangers statement says UEFA has ruled a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match. No apostrophes.

Does it have some other name? Is it suggested there was no such singing? If even the national broadcaster feels the need to caveat it or cast doubt on its nature, what hope do we have.

Police Scotland have confirmed three arrests were made on the night of the St Joseph's game, but none for sectarian singing. The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League have declined to comment.

Apparently Uefa class sectarianism as the same as racism.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

This is a start at least.  Points deduction if they get to the group stage should be the next punishment.

Points deduction will never happen domestically as they want an OF title race every season.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Don’t think the Scottish Government will miss this and pressure will be put on the domestic football authorities to stamp it out, if they dont, I think the Government will start taking action. The clubs cant say they haven’t been warned! To be honest everyone is sick to death of it all

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Lets face it, 45,000 regularly hammer out the songbook at every Ibrox home game and how many arrests are made?? Its a joke but you can see signs that the tide is beginning to turn regarding this now!

I wouldn't support mass shootings in the Bahawalpur sense, but a visit to UEFA HQ by a Martin Bryant, Michael Ryan, Derick Bird, Baruch Goldstein, Anders Breivik, Brigadier Dyer type of head-the-ball wouldn't go amiss... assuming the Nyon branch of Rentokil is too busy to deal with the vermin. 

"Offensive" / "Sectarian" / "Racist" singing. In a supposedly Western / Enlightenment culture. 

Displaying banners? What will they say? "Iesus Nazarenus Rex Judeorum"?  Or maybe just "Jude" on a yellow background. 

f**k UEFA. f**k Scottish football. f**k what Scotland has become. f**k this forum. I'm out of here. 

9 minutes ago, Torpar said:

The twitter clip seems to show Dunfermline fans singing the Tom Beadling song with some 15 year old dickhead changing the words. There are clips of Dunfermline fans singing sad f***** b*****d, which could be regarded as sectarian,  so I, along with what would seem like most Dunfermline fans condemn it and feel has no place at Dunfermline games. 

Memo to some Old Firm fans: the above is how it’s done. Acknowledge wrongdoing. Condemn it. No whataboutery. 

28 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Don’t think the Scottish Government will miss this and pressure will be put on the domestic football authorities to stamp it out, if they dont, I think the Government will start taking action. The clubs cant say they haven’t been warned! To be honest everyone is sick to death of it all

The Scottish Government are as guilty as everyone else for being too scared to do anything which is why sod all's been done.  Nothing will change.

I wouldn't support mass shootings in the Bahawalpur sense, but a visit to UEFA HQ by a Martin Bryant, Michael Ryan, Derick Bird, Baruch Goldstein, Anders Breivik, Brigadier Dyer type of head-the-ball wouldn't go amiss... assuming the Nyon branch of Rentokil is too busy to deal with the vermin. 
"Offensive" / "Sectarian" / "Racist" singing. In a supposedly Western / Enlightenment culture. 
Displaying banners? What will they say? "Iesus Nazarenus Rex Judeorum"?  Or maybe just "Jude" on a yellow background. 
f**k UEFA. f**k Scottish football. f**k what Scotland has become. f**k this forum. I'm out of here. 

Heads Gone thread for this pish..........