Scotland's Shame

If it was the ‘cheer up Neil Lennon’ song then all the folk round me were singing ‘sad Celtic b######’ and not the F word. There was also the ‘Beado’ song which could be misheard.
I did hear the Jimmy Savile song once but I consider that to be sick as opposed to sectarian.

'misheard'

Whataboutery levels from OF fans are sky high on this thread.

It's a thread specifically started to catalogue the undeniable moments of diddiness, scummery and outright bigotry of fans of Rangers* and Celtic, teams with vast supports (containing a high propotion of morons), which deserve to be highlighted and thoroughly slagged off due to their sheer scale and regularity, and the fact that the clubs don't seem to care.

Interesting that rather than denying or condemning the regular scummery and bigotry of their own fans, which include sectarian songs every single week and frequent apparent support for murderous paramilitary organizations in another country, OF fans are scrambling about accusing "diddy teams" of various things.  Do you REALLY think there is an equivalence?  If so, why not start a a thread about scummery and outright bigotry among fans of non-OF clubs, and have a wee discussion there... it won't have anywhere near as much material, though. Maybe OF fans genuinely believe it's all the other clubs that are the problem here?!

The irony of saying it's whataboutery from Celtic fans when I've seen so many folk trying to defend the vile chants of Dunfermline fans by deflecting this back to "but what about the big bad Celtic fans?". You can't have it both ways. Even better when some claim an offensive chant is misheard which is clearly untrue.

Sectarianism, bigotry and offensive chanting is a problem amongst fanbases throughout the full country, to think it is only present at two clubs is delusional.

UEFA seems to be made of sterner stuff than the SFA and have ordered Rangers to close part of Ibrox for their next Europe game, due to 'racist' behaviour' which appears to mean the usual party songs under UEFA's definition.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/uefa-statement/

I suspect the reaction to this from the mass of Rangers fans will be a mixture of self-righteous indignation, whataboutery and embarrassment in roughly equal measure.

19 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

UEFA seems to be made of sterner stuff than the SFA and have ordered Rangers to close part of Ibrox for their next Europe game, due to 'racist' behaviour' which appears to mean the usual party songs under UEFA's definition.

I suspect the reaction to this from the mass of Rangers fans will be a mixture of self-righteous indignation, whataboutery and embarrassment in roughly equal measure.

Only shock is why hasn’t the whole stadium been closed down. There is no minority where Sevco and “party songs” are involved

This is a start at least.  Points deduction if they get to the group stage should be the next punishment.

Points deduction will never happen domestically as they want an OF title race every season.

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

Will we see another statement?

I linked to it. It seems reasonable enough, as these things go.

I'm anticipating a heids-gone yowling and gnashing of teeth from the Union Bears or Vanguard Bears or similar, though.

Oh the statement should be spectacular from that club 1875 mob or whatever it’s name is.  Hopefully something about Warsaw fans engaging in wanton Catholicism and something about they called us a well know slang term for Germans.  Also a timeline of whataboutarry from their best pals and drawing to the conclusion that UEFA are bead rattling peado lovers.

54 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

What an absolute shocker this line is from the BBC report, I am dumbfounded by this

The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League have declined to comment.