Scotland's Shame

Another problem is that Cheek supporters  are completely unwilling to call out sub-human scum behaviour among their own number. Doing so would lose them ground in the battle of oneupmanship against the other Cheek.

This is not, as far as I can tell, the case with any other Scottish clubs (maybe Hibs and Hearts to a much smaller extent).

1 hour ago, nsr said:

Another problem is that Cheek supporters  are completely unwilling to call out sub-human scum behaviour among their own number. Doing so would lose them ground in the battle of oneupmanship against the other Cheek.

This is not, as far as I can tell, the case with any other Scottish clubs (maybe Hibs and Hearts to a much smaller extent).

Disagree. From what I can remember the hearts and hibees fans called out their own after a couple of unsavoury incidents last year.

Rangers in their statements continue to be strangers to the truth. They complain about Killie’s ticketing system failing when it actually proved otherwise. Rangers fans caused the queues by trying to gain entry with invalid tickets. The system picked up on the fakes but Rangers have as usual failed  to blame their own fans but instead try to deflect the blame. 2000 tickets only next time as a result of this.

21 hours ago, nsr said:

Dundee and Kilmarnock  to an even  smallerer degree 

46 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Rangers in their statements continue to be strangers to the truth. They complain about Killie’s ticketing system failing when it actually proved otherwise. Rangers fans caused the queues by trying to gain entry with invalid tickets. The system picked up on the fakes but Rangers have as usual failed  to blame their own fans but instead try to deflect the blame. 2000 tickets only next time as a result of this.

I get the feeling rangers statements are written by dave king himself judging by the childish style and sly digs. I've yet to meet a rangers fan that has anything good to say about him. Still waiting to see what celtic have to say about their "fans" who bottled the cluj team at the end of the game. Seems the bbc have conveniently ignored it...

42 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Insaintee said:
Dundee and Kilmarnock  to an even  smallerer degree 

Please show your workings.

This won't take long, as I said much smaller but still there to a degree. 

DUNDEE FANS yesterday reacted furiously to “unfounded” suggestions of sectarian chanting at Dens Park during recent matchdays.

On Tuesday the Dundee Supporters’Association warned rowdy behaviour in the south enclosure at Dens Park could become a health and safety problem.

This led to claims offensive chanting had been heard as well.

However, the Dark Blues support, horrif i ed by t he suggestion of any sectarian problem, have come together to defend the club and “the Derry” in letters to The Courier.

Kevin Reid, who has been a season ticket holder in the Derry for many years, said: “There has not been sectarian singing in the Derry for over 20 or 30 years now. Now it has gone and it’s for the better of the game.”

Kilmarnock of course have changed the words to the sectarian song they sing...  Just like Rangers have...  I accept that most don't intend it to be sectarian. But I've definitely heard the use the F word when singing it. 

Guest Moomintroll

DUNDEE FANS yesterday reacted furiously to “unfounded” suggestions of sectarian chanting at Dens Park during recent matchdays.

On Tuesday the Dundee Supporters’Association warned rowdy behaviour in the south enclosure at Dens Park could become a health and safety problem.

However, the Dark Blues support, horrif i ed by t he suggestion of any sectarian problem, have come together to defend the club and “the Derry” in letters to The Courier.

Kevin Reid, who has been a season ticket holder in the Derry for many years, said: “There has not been sectarian singing in the Derry for over 20 or 30 years now. Now it has gone and it’s for the better of the game.”

Kilmarnock of course have changed the words to the sectarian song they sing...  Just like Rangers have...  I accept that most don't intend it to be sectarian. But I've definitely heard the use the F word when singing it. 

I Cannot comment about the Dundee side of things but you are talking absolute nonsense around our version of Marching through Georgia. At no time during my many years of following Killie have I heard anyone using sectarian language while singing it, believe me, I would be somewhat robust in my reaction if I heard that. I am afraid that you are talking absolute shite.

29 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I Cannot comment about the Dundee side of things but you are talking absolute nonsense around our version of Marching through Georgia. At no time during my many years of following Killie have I heard anyone using sectarian language while singing it, believe me, I would be somewhat robust in my reaction if I heard that. I am afraid that you are talking absolute shite.

Why do you stutter when posting?

Guest Moomintroll
Why do you stutter when posting?
No idea why it was quoted twice, has happened a few times recently. Might be due to my internet dropping out which has been an ongoing issue this week.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

Killie fans have never used any secretarian word in any song. I suggest you need an ear test.