Scotland's Shame

Seems the Rangers statement dept have issued the usual pile of steaming Shiite saying basically it's to be expected that their fans battered down gates and piled in for nothing as Kilmarnocks ticketing system was not allowing said ticket less or those with forgeries in.
Using it as an excuse not to pay.

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've said this before on here, but it's no surprise that the folk I know, were in school with, worked with, who were fucking idiots and not very bright. all support Celtic or Rangers.

The sound folk I know, who actually seem fairly normal and intelligent, support ICT, County, Aberdeen, know a Killie fan from up here too and he's a good lad.

It's an exact science IMO, the thicker you are, the size of fucking scummy arsehole roaster you are,  the more likely you are to cling onto something to make you feel better about yourself.  A football team that wins 9 games out of 10 for example.

There's plenty in this.

I do actually know and like plenty decent enough sorts that support both.

If you are an unpleasant simpleton though, these clubs have a real and deliberate appeal to you, and it's very likely that you'll be drawn to them.

I have. Repeatedly. jimmy boo has gone without suspension twice despite using, repeatedly, the term "shirt lifter".
The only time I've seen a case of homophobes getting even a suspension is when two St. Mirren supporters were suspended on the same day. I'm sure it's a coincidence that another supporter got a permban for racism that day, and homophobia then had to be punished as a result. Oh, and said bigots got a week suspension, while racist got the permaban.
Homophobia has NEVER been taken seriously on here, and I've had this conversation repeatedly with mods. That I continue to have it is indicative of your inaction.
Excuse me!! Quote where I have posted such a term or apologise.

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It’s not and never has been proportional.

There’s pars fans that are scumbags, and I’ve come across my fair share in fans of other clubs, but they will are always a genuine minority, not what the OF like to claim as such. Both clubs actively pursue Irish/ulster identity and will refuse to condem those that behave badly under such disguise.

I can’t recall any occasion of gates being forced open, bigoted banners being shown ever happening, it just doesn’t happen. I can count the number of union jacks or tricolours shown in my entire time supporting the club in one hand, always by the occasional bampot trying to get a rise from the OF. For a club with about 5% of the support of the scummy 2 that would amount to about 50 fans of those clubs over 20+ years if propositional, both clubs exceeded that by about 10000% in 1 weekend, its not even close.

Rangers took 4000 to an away game an created chaos, hibs, hearts and Aberdeen will do that several times this year with no issue, there will be many clubs taking big crowds (1000+) without issue. They are on a different scale.

Totally agree.

The argument that they've got more 'problem supporters' simply because they've got more supporters really doesn't wash.  It comes back again to that explicit appeal the OF have for scummy elements, and that's reflected in things like that equivocal Rangers statement yesterday.  The clubs concerned don't want to alienate or disenfranchise that horrible constituency because it's sizeable.

The reaction to this thread from the great unwashed tells its own story. They're incapable of taking a step back and rationally analysing what's happened or engaging in discussion because they're indoctrinated. 

They genuinely seem to be believe that it's because they have "haters" and the response to this weekend's actions are because we've all been wound up or jealousy/rage at the fact they won.

Edited by Marshmallo

51 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The reaction to this thread from the great unwashed tells it's own story. They're incapable of taking a step back and rationally analysing what's happened or engaging in discussion because they're indoctrinated. 

They genuinely seem to be believe that it's because they have "haters" and the response to this weekend's actions are because we've all been wound up or jealousy/rage at the fact they won.

Quite.  The siege mentality they've built over the years, aided and abetted by the club and manager, is clear for all to see but them. 

Scum. Sub human scum.

Surely someone at the club checks the gb displays beforehand to see if the display is appropriate and or damaging to the club ?
Also whilst watching the rangers game on Sunday it was quite obvious that there were too many away fans behind the goal was this due to the gate being opened and people without tickets running in ? Was the the turnstile issues down to forged tickets ??

18 minutes ago, scmwell said:

Surely someone at the club checks the gb displays beforehand to see if the display is appropriate and or damaging to the club ?

Separate entity  fc have been actively encouraging the GB for years.

31 minutes ago, scmwell said:

Also whilst watching the rangers game on Sunday it was quite obvious that there were too many away fans behind the goal was this due to the gate being opened and people without tickets running in ? Was the the turnstile issues down to forged tickets ??

According to Kilmarnock it was because of searches for pyrotechnics.

Posted it on the match thread, here it is again.  KFCSA Statement:

KFCSA are once again angered and outraged  at the behaviour of away supporters at Rugby Park on Sunday.

Instead of talking about the game we are all talking about off field issues.

Fans are entitled to celebrate their team scoring but entering the field of play is totally unacceptable.

Kilmarnock fans have voted with their feet in recent years by staying away from such games and once again people can see why.

The Kilmarnock Board have done everything they can to entice fans back to these games and have been vindicated by double the normal Kilmarnock support at yesterday’s game when compared to attendances at similar games over the last few years.

Their job is not made any easier by these away teams fans continued misbehaviour and an apparent total disregard to the laws of the land.

It is time the football authorities stamped down on this continued behaviour which seems to happen at most grounds in the SPFL.

KFCSA hopes this is a watershed moment and something is actually done by the footballing authorities.

Having spoken to the club we know that they  are investigating the matter fully with the following being a priority 

The destruction of our disabled section roof by a section of Rangers supporters was totally unacceptable and it is only through luck that nobody was seriously injured in this incident. We fully expect Rangers to pay for the damage caused.

Rangers fans forced open the gate at the Chadwick Stand – this too is totally unacceptable.

The possibility of duplicate tickets is one of a number of factors that we are investigating.

A meeting has been set up between the club and Police and G4S and will take place later this week. We’d welcome Rangers’ involvement and with their help, anyone who took part in the vandalism of the disabled section will be banned from Rugby Park.

The Board are looking at a series of measures to try and eradicate the potential for pitch incursions, including the possibility of netting in the lower rows of the Chadwick Stand. There will be no return to giving Old Firm supporters two stands and we remain committed to attracting families and all Killie supporters to cheer on their team in these matches.

Iain Sherry 
KFCSA Chairman 

Percentage of bawbags in OF crowds is higher because they are followed by the dregs from all over the country. Especially away.
I would say rangers seem to have more. Usually trouble starts if they are getting beat. Glory hunting scumbag pissed up 90 minute bigots.

Rangers have been in two European finals Barcelona and Manchester. Each time the game has ended in rioting but nothing was done by eufa or the SFA. In the 1970s while going for the league they were losing 3-1 at Fir Park. The Rangers support invaded  the pitch and the game was stopped and the players taken off.  After a break the game restarted and in a powder keg atmosphere Rangers win the game. No action by the SFA.

Is it any wonder they behave  the way they do when they have been allowed to cause mayhem wherever they go. 

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It’s not and never has been proportional.

There’s pars fans that are scumbags, and I’ve come across my fair share in fans of other clubs, but they will are always a genuine minority, not what the OF like to claim as such. Both clubs actively pursue Irish/ulster identity and will refuse to condem those that behave badly under such disguise.

I can’t recall any occasion of gates being forced open, bigoted banners being shown ever happening, it just doesn’t happen. I can count the number of union jacks or tricolours shown in my entire time supporting the club in one hand, always by the occasional bampot trying to get a rise from the OF. For a club with about 5% of the support of the scummy 2 that would amount to about 50 fans of those clubs over 20+ years if propositional, both clubs exceeded that by about 10000% in 1 weekend, its not even close.

Rangers took 4000 to an away game an created chaos, hibs, hearts and Aberdeen will do that several times this year with no issue, there will be many clubs taking big crowds (1000+) without issue. They are on a different scale.

Agree. Most normal clubs will have a population of clowns that's largely proportional to the general population. Even Saints have the odd bunch of roasters that fly the union flag on occasion (and are generally mocked by other supporters, thankfully). 

The OF clubs have a sense of purpose that is rooted in community identities based on religious bigotry and Irish/British politics. I would also argue that the Edinburgh teams echo this but to a lesser degree. Other clubs, I would say, tend to have identities rooted in community identities rooted in locality/proximity to the team and the football played on the park. 

This means that they are exceptional. It was understandable 100 years ago, but it's not what modern Scotland needs. My own family came from rural Ireland to the west of Scotland and brought with them the cultural baggage that implies, but 2 generations down the line their views are just embarrassing, and in our family their views will die with them. 

You're right that the clubs won't stamp it out as they fundamentally buy into it as the reason for their existence. They would have no purpose without it. 

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I'll be using this thread to award the 2019 "Maude Flanders, won't someone think of the children" award for the season 2019-2020.

Some excellent candidates so far.

Still, it's definitely everyone else on the thread that's seething, and not you, eh?

3 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Still, it's definitely everyone else on the thread that's seething, and not you, eh?

You've misunderstood my post and have actually proved my point, cheers for that.

So many boring roasters on here all posting the exact same post in a vain attempt at being super "right on" and challenging each other for the "I hate the OF more than the next guy" award.

No originality.

Edited by Romeo