Scotland's Shame

Listening to the Killie match I heard Rangers fans in the background singing "F*ck the SFA" *

Well, you could, you know, always resign and go and play somewhere else. 

*unless they were Queen's Park fans on a day out.. 

3 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

How many repeat homophobes are still posting? I can name two right off the top of my head. Yet one attempt to bypass the filter on certain words gets a permaban.

Howelse would you describe that?

I'm sure I speak for all the mobs when I say we take homophobia - and all other sorts of bigotry - very seriously. If there are any homophobic posts, please report them. 

13 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Please clarify how we "support bigotry". 

He seems to think Irish rebel songs are bigoted and anyone sympathetic to Irish republicanism is a bigot, a lazy ill informed stereotype to make.

I hold strong views on a variety of subjects including Ireland, Scotland, Palestine, the conflict in the middle east, the gradual insurgency of thinly veiled right wing views in politics amongst many others but only occasionally touch on them on here, and only in context, nothing I have posted equates to anything bigoted or sectarian but, it seems my views on one particular subject rip his knitting, in general the guy just dislikes me so lazily calls me a bigot and the moderators bigot apologists. 

Edited by Flybhoy

I have. Repeatedly. jimmy boo has gone without suspension twice despite using, repeatedly, the term "shirt lifter".

The only time I've seen a case of homophobes getting even a suspension is when two St. Mirren supporters were suspended on the same day. I'm sure it's a coincidence that another supporter got a permban for racism that day, and homophobia then had to be punished as a result. Oh, and said bigots got a week suspension, while racist got the permaban.

Homophobia has NEVER been taken seriously on here, and I've had this conversation repeatedly with mods. That I continue to have it is indicative of your inaction.

Just been in Tesco.

You know those charity boxes that you have to put in a wee blue token for the charity you choose?

Just watched a guy in a Sevco top put two tokens in each of the three choices. 

What's the point of that?

C*nt.

9 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

I have. Repeatedly. jimmy boo has gone without suspension twice despite using, repeatedly, the term "shirt lifter".

The only time I've seen a case of homophobes getting even a suspension is when two St. Mirren supporters were suspended on the same day. I'm sure it's a coincidence that another supporter got a permban for racism that day, and homophobia then had to be punished as a result. Oh, and said bigots got a week suspension, while racist got the permaban.

Homophobia has NEVER been taken seriously on here, and I've had this conversation repeatedly with mods. That I continue to have it is indicative of your inaction.

I don't recall these reports but I'm not doubting you. Perhaps it slipped through the net. 

I can safely say that anyone using the derogatory term "shirt lifter" would receive a warning from any of the mods on here. I can only urge you to report it if it happens again. 

We receive several reports every day and we review each and every one of them. Some are valid, some spurious, some ridiculous. But please know that we take them all seriously. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

15 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Sadly, I feel that this weekend's unsavoury shenanigans are just a warm up act. With Celtic going for 9 and possibly 10 in a row, the stakes have never been higher. Unfortunately, there is no low point for these two. 

Of course, the apologists are already out here with their 'oFFeNdEd sNoWFlaKeS' chat. The truth is none of us are offended by your bigoted behaviour, we just think you're a bunch of cretins.

Spot on 

It's just so disappointing that on literally the first weekend of the new season we are talking about the same old shit. There was no off the field drama at 19 professional games this weekend but yet again we are talking about the "big 2".

Why does nobody give a f**k? What is wrong with this fucking country? Its fucking embarrassing. 

32 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

How many repeat homophobes are still posting? I can name two right off the top of my head. Yet one attempt to bypass the filter on certain words gets a permaban.

Howelse would you describe that?

Why would you want to bypass the filter?