Queens v Dunfermline

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jesus give the boy half a chance will you. We were much better with him playing 2nd half than we were without him 1st half.

Kidd did okay but he is a right back never a midfield player .

This is our problem both Kidd and Paton did okay but we somehow have to try and get better players to replace them .

Paton and Kidd did not do okay. They were both pish.

Paton’s game can be summed up by a 30 second spell where he gave the ball away, cynically tripping the boy who won it and giving away a freekick. We then won the ball back before Paton tried some sort of stupid flick, fell over the ball and gave it away again. He was hooked soon after.

Kidd did literally nothing but look lost, get in the way a lot and shitebag out of every header he should have been going for.

I was starting to really rate him as a fullback towards the end of his last spell but playing him in the centre of midfield is farcical.

Jesus give the boy half a chance will you. We were much better with him playing 2nd half than we were without him 1st half.

I've given him plenty of chances. How are people forgetting he played in CM plenty of times for us in the past? I could lay off him from now until the day he retires it won't change the fact he isn't and never will be a competent midfielder at this level. We were better in the second half in spite of Kidd, not because of him.

Paton and Kidd did not do okay. They were both pish.

Paton’s game can be summed up by a 30 second spell where he gave the ball away, cynically tripping the boy who won it and giving away a freekick. We then won the ball back before Paton tried some sort of stupid flick, fell over the ball and gave it away again. He was hooked soon after.

Kidd did literally nothing but look lost, get in the way a lot and shitebag out of every header he should have been going for.

I was starting to really rate him as a fullback towards the end of his last spell but playing him in the centre of midfield is farcical.

nail%20hammer.jpeg

Been to 4 games so far this season and honestly don't understand the amount of hate Kidd has been getting. He's not world class and struggles to even jump for headers but at least he tries to push forward and keep the ball on the deck when he's in the middle of the park which is severely lacking in our general play just now and I'm all for. We looked so much stronger second half with Kidd at CM and Kilday back at CB (and no I'm not saying Kidd was the game changer). Paton is another one that I actually think has played well overall but ran himself into the ground today and tired. He could be extremely useful as a sub as there's still a lot of technical ability there. 

Feel unlucky that we never came away with 3 points after hitting both the bar and post but our first half performance was dire. Dunfermline's tactics at the start were spot on sitting deep to invite us up the pitch and leave Nisbet and Ryan on the toes of Brownie and Semple to force mistakes.

El Bak has energy and pace which we have been crying out for, perhaps when Dobbie is back we can push him out wide alongside Oliver and Murray in a front 4.

First half - was that the smallest QoS forward line since Lex Law played? 45 minutes of ball punted in the air and lost headers. Thought our centre halves should have done more to close the guy down and make it more difficult for him to take a shot for their goal. Pars were playing with a better shape, movement and passing than Queens.  Even at that we could have equalised with the last corner when Brownlie smacked the bar with a header.

Like others I wasn’t too impressed with the creativity in our midfield. Only when Connor Murray got the ball did I feel that something promising might happen. If only we had had Iain Wilson in midfield too , ....  

Second half the performance improved with Mercer and Holt pushing forward more and the ball being played on the deck occasionally. Good skill from Oliver for his goal and I thought we should have had a pen as well. Glad we got a point after that first half though. Hope the Pars Murray is ok and all the first aid was just a case of taking the necessary precautions.

Been to 4 games so far this season and honestly don't understand the amount of hate Kidd has been getting. He's not world class and struggles to even jump for headers but at least he tries to push forward and keep the ball on the deck when he's in the middle of the park which is severely lacking in our general play just now and I'm all for. We looked so much stronger second half with Kidd at CM and Kilday back at CB (and no I'm not saying Kidd was the game changer). Paton is another one that I actually think has played well overall but ran himself into the ground today and tired. He could be extremely useful as a sub as there's still a lot of technical ability there. 

Feel unlucky that we never came away with 3 points after hitting both the bar and post but our first half performance was dire. Dunfermline's tactics at the start were spot on sitting deep to invite us up the pitch and leave Nisbet and Ryan on the toes of Brownie and Semple to force mistakes.

El Bak has energy and pace which we have been crying out for, perhaps when Dobbie is back we can push him out wide alongside Oliver and Murray in a front 4.

Tries to push forward? Our biggest weakness right now is our lack of drive from centre midfield. That's one thing he absolutely doesn't do.

I'm just glad I have Goal Shouter to keep me sane. I was beginning to think I was being too harsh this and last on Kidd but he's been the comfortably lowest rated player both weeks.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No Kidd, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!

I hope it's a back 3 with Mercer and Holt wingbacks rather than a flat back 5.

Big difference when he came on only midfielder that can hold the ball and find a pass. KIKDAY is a centre back mo mre than that. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

He was the one who fluffed a one-on-one, the same way he did against us for Raith.  

I usually hope for 3 points from home games but that's a better point than last week. Arbroath were poor but Dunfermline could have been out of sight in the first half if the ball had broken to them/they took the chances they had. We were the better side in the second half though. Get this long ball to f*ck though. Given that's all Oliver and El Bak had in the way of service today they both put in a good shift. I really hope AJ can pull a rabbit out of the hat in the way of a midfielder who will put their foot on the ball.

3 weakest players for me were exactly the same as last week: Kidd, Paton and Hamilton. The latter hasn't showed much in the games I've seen him. Semple not far in front of them but he kept it down to 1 in the first half so gets some credit.

Need to see the penalty again. Looked a stonewaller but I was a but away. If it's a dive Murray is lucky to stay on the park.

I hope the Dunfermline player is ok, looked a sore one and they were particularly delicate when moving him. Special mention to the handful of complete fuckwits among the Pars support who were giving two of the stretcherbearers abuse. Classy.

What the hell do you expect. I certainly hope I never fall ill at Palmerston if that is the emergency response they give.  My mother could have got there quicker, and she's been dead 13 years. They were a total embarrassment wandering on as if tomorrow would do. 

2 league games into the season undefeated, with a new team still trying to gel missing the leagues best player I would take that witnessing the 2 matches I look positively to the Ayr game in 2 weeks especially with Dobbie back. 👍

What was the min silence for at the match today - shooting in US? would have been good to have announced what it was for as only ref and  players seemed to know about it.

Noticed a presentation in front of tunnel at half time - again what for.

Small things but would make supporters feel more of part of what is going on at Palmerston and being involved

Big difference when he came on only midfielder that can hold the ball and find a pass. KIKDAY is a centre back mo mre than that. 
I think it was more a reflection on how poor Kilday was.
What the hell do you expect. I certainly hope I never fall ill at Palmerston if that is the emergency response they give.  My mother could have got there quicker, and she's been dead 13 years. They were a total embarrassment wandering on as if tomorrow would do. 

I wouldn't expect them to receive dogs abuse. What use would it have been sprinting on anyway? The doctor and physio's were clearly taking their time with the guy and even when the stretcher arrived he wasn't placed on it straight away. To give the folk the abuse they got was embarrassing.
What was the min silence for at the match today - shooting in US? would have been good to have announced what it was for as only ref and  players seemed to know about it.
Noticed a presentation in front of tunnel at half time - again what for.
Small things but would make supporters feel more of part of what is going on at Palmerston and being involved

It was for a fan that passed away. I only know because my wife used to treat him. I assume no one had informed the announcer in time.

And tbh the emergency response from the club was excellent. The doctor was on sharp and our physio came on pretty quickly as well to assist. Even our physio was being slated by some woman when he came on with the neck brace. Needless to say she was one of the muppets having a go at the stretcher bearers.

47 minutes ago, Estreet said:

Nail on the head.same as Motherwell game fucking shocking.