Queens v Dunfermline

2 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Genuinely didn’t know Nesbit was playing. 

He's that kind of player. He will still score 10-15 for us this season. He was class last week.

How was El Bak today?

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

What were they feeding Semple at Ross County?! He is huge. He’d make Alan Martin look like Paul Burns.

Looks far too heavy. We were so much better when Kilday dropped back to defence. 

As for the penalty incident involving Murray. Looked a stonewaller. 

Draw fair result. Pretty typical for us to be great to start and struggle more late on, tho we did so better after we conceded, a very poor goal to loose tho.

Penalty decision was big. Cromrie did dive in but Murray looked like he was 3ft in the air before being anywhere near him. Through my black and white specs I say he should of been sent off. Though queens fans may feel hard done by. Ref just shat out of making a decision either way.

Referee is fucking dreadful!! And is nesbit even playing?

Genuinely didn’t know Nesbit was playing. 

He was the one who fluffed a one-on-one, the same way he did against us for Raith.  

I usually hope for 3 points from home games but that's a better point than last week. Arbroath were poor but Dunfermline could have been out of sight in the first half if the ball had broken to them/they took the chances they had. We were the better side in the second half though. Get this long ball to f*ck though. Given that's all Oliver and El Bak had in the way of service today they both put in a good shift. I really hope AJ can pull a rabbit out of the hat in the way of a midfielder who will put their foot on the ball.

3 weakest players for me were exactly the same as last week: Kidd, Paton and Hamilton. The latter hasn't showed much in the games I've seen him. Semple not far in front of them but he kept it down to 1 in the first half so gets some credit.

Need to see the penalty again. Looked a stonewaller but I was a but away. If it's a dive Murray is lucky to stay on the park.

I hope the Dunfermline player is ok, looked a sore one and they were particularly delicate when moving him. Special mention to the handful of complete fuckwits among the Pars support who were giving two of the stretcherbearers abuse. Classy.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Draw fair result. Pretty typical for us to be great to start and struggle more late on, tho we did so better after we conceded, a very poor goal to loose tho.

Penalty decision was big. Cromrie did dive in but Murray looked like he was 3ft in the air before being anywhere near him. Through my black and white specs I say he should of been sent off. Though queens fans may feel hard done by. Ref just shat out of making a decision either way.

I shouted for a penalty, but suspect it was a dive, as Murray was happy to slink away unpunished, rather than outraged at not getting a penalty.

I shouted for a penalty, but suspect it was a dive, as Murray was happy to slink away unpunished, rather than outraged at not getting a penalty.
Yeah that was my thinking. But then he was on a yellow and a protest might have resulted in a second yellow. I'm sure the highlights will clear it up.

41 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Referee is fucking dreadful!! And is nesbit even playing?

We were poor 1st half AJ had us set up all wrong we were lucky to go in only 1down .

Much better in the 2nd half back to 4-4-2 Murray on the right got a deserved goal unlucky to not get a winner when the ball hit the post then it looked like a certain pen after that for a foul on Murray thought the ref gave it then seem to change his mind .

Hope the Dunfermline player is okay was down for a very long time .

We were poor 1st half AJ had us set up all wrong we were lucky to go in only 1down .
Much better in the 2nd half back to 4-4-2 Murray on the right got a deserved goal unlucky to not get a winner when the ball hit the post then it looked like a certain pen after that for a foul on Murray thought the ref gave it then seem to change his mind .
It was 442 both halves. If it wasn't then I clearly wasn't paying attention. Kilday sat in front of the back four as did Kidd. Oliver scored, not Murray.

Ambulance arrived as we were leaving default_sad.png

Was the same with Goodfellow in Betfred Cup game v Albion Rovers and there was no serious injury. I think with certain types of injury, they have standard procedures and always use stretcher/neck brace and go to hospital for tests.

Fingers crossed this is the case and it’s nothing serious.

Easier to walk out feeling positive after a decent second half, but if our performance in each half had been the other way round there would be all sorts of anger on here as our first half showing was beyond woeful.

Given how little service they received I liked the look of our forward options today. Always busy, and confident on the ball. Hamilton looks a bit lost just now but so did Dykes to begin with and he came good. Hamilton looks like he’ll offer the same physical attributes as Dykes once he gains some positional awareness. I’m happy enough with him as an option off the bench. Add Dobbie into the mix and we look strong in the forward areas.

The back five that finished the game will do fine for us and we know Semple is a good player at this level. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting XI until he sorts out his physical condition though. He looked like he was towing a trailer today.

Midfield we really need to be pulling some rabbits out of hats. Pybus, Kidd and Paton were all dreadful today, as was Kilday in midfield. We really need 3 midfielders to step straight into the first choice XI which is a big ask.

A draw was a fair outcome. The penalty shout looked a stonewaller but I also thought it was Oliver and not Murray so I’m probably not the best judge!

I hope all the medical attention at the end was precautionary and it isn’t as bad as it looked.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

It was 442 both halves. If it wasn't then I clearly wasn't paying attention. Kilday sat in front of the back four as did Kidd. Oliver scored, not Murray.

Gary Oliver played well  and did get the goal no idea why I said Murray scored ..

Kilday is never a midfield player neither is Kidd what little pace Paton had has long gone .

We are weak in centre midfield and more so out on the left have no pace  

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

What were they feeding Semple at Ross County?! He is huge. He’d make Alan Martin look like Paul Burns.

He looked like the back end of a pantomime cow.

Was the same with Goodfellow in Betfred Cup game v Albion Rovers and there was no serious injury. I think with certain types of injury, they have standard procedures and always use stretcher/neck brace and go to hospital for tests.

Fingers crossed this is the case and it’s nothing serious.

Crawford has said he’s not had to go to hospital after being checked by paramedics. Good sign.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Ambulance arrived as we were leaving :(

It went away again without him. He is ok I think.

Murray said himself after the game it would have been a soft penalty.

Their goal was a good early hit before McCrorie was set but it was awful from us starting with McCrorie throwing the ball into a midfield crowd to give it away, Semple not getting enough on a clearance and Brownlie not getting tight enough. 

We were very poor first half hour and lucky not to be two or three down. Unlucky to hit bar on stroke of half time though and much better side second half. Oliver got a goal out of not much following a great pass by Holt. Scully made a coupke of great saves, the best from a Brownlie header.

In the end disappointed to draw but I would have jumped at a point at half time.

Edited by Skyline Drifter