Queens v Dunfermline

1 hour ago, Estreet said:

The initial reaction was good  the doctor was there quickly. The issue I have is the first aiders who could not have known the situation was not serious  yet wandered out as if their free game had been interrupted. Pathetic. I love Queens and I felt they let us down. Away fans were entitled to feel the same. 

For the second time on this issue you are havering ill informed nonsense. Everyone knew exactly what the situation was. Not only was it blindingly obvious to anyone with vision, but it was also being communicated over the match control radio system, which the St Andrews First Aiders are included in. 

3 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Thanks for the information on Eric Slavin - it was just no one standing around me seemed to know

What was the cheque presentation?

I didnt see it but I believe the Barflies were doing a presentation of their annual sponsorship of the apprentice programme.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

For the second time on this issue you are havering ill informed nonsense. Everyone knew exactly what the situation was. Not only was it blindingly obvious to anyone with vision, but it was also being communicated over the match control radio system, which the St Andrews First Aiders are included in. 

Exactly this.

Tbh, the reaction time of the crew is often fucking shocking. The lackadaisical manner in which they reacted to Joe Thompson getting a serious injury was a disgrace, he didn't die or lose his life, but fucking hell a bit of urgency wouldn't have gone amiss. 

I've seen them struggle to get the mechanics behind lifting a stretcher, be late to injuries, would I have given them abuse? Absolutely not. However I understand why people got irate, they're fucking shite tbh. 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Who got stretchered off against Motherwell?

Ffs, another thing we can't comment on because we don't have enough players emoji38.png

No one in the end up the lad eventually walked off. Is it so hard for them to walk round the pitch to the incident so that they are ready to come on if required.

9 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Anyone criticising the treatment received by the injured player today, or the speed in which it was provided is a fucking idiot tbh.

And anyone who thinks the speed our 1st aiders went about there business is OK is a fucking knob.

1 hour ago, palmyblue22 said:
And anyone who thinks the speed our 1st aiders went about there business is OK is a fucking knob.

You are seeing what you want to see due to some bizarre vandetta against the medical staff. Read SD’s posts on the matter and slink away with your tail between your legs accordingly. 

Edited by palmy_cammy

36 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

You are seeing what you want to see due to some bizarre vandetta against the medical staff. Read SD’s posts on the matter and slink away with your tail between your legs accordingly. 

Away and take a f**k to yourself irrespective of what SD says it looked unprofessional in fact it looked like a scene from dad's army.

14 minutes ago, palmyblue22 said:

Away and take a f**k to yourself irrespective of what SD says it looked unprofessional in fact it looked like a scene from dad's army.

It looked nothing of the sort and unprofessional couldn't be further from the truth.  Everyone involved is a highly trained professional following specific protocol.  The boy was up and walking after the game and didn't need any further treatment from the paramedics that arrived in an ambulance.  That is all that matters, not how it looked to some frothing moron.

I suppose they could have ran about unnecessarily on a wet pitch, but that may have ended up looking like a scene from Benny Hill.  We all saw what happened to the Ayr pitch invader last season.

FAO Queen of the South Manager:

In the event that you read this Mr. Johnston, can I just say that  pumping high balls up to Oliver,  Murray and El Bak seems to be a fruitless exercise which I hope is not repeated on a regular basis. Thank-you. 

Question to others who may be able to clarify:

I'm glad to hear that the injury to the Dunfermline player appears not to be as serious as first thought,  but as the game was held up for a good 10 minutes can someone explain why this injury time was not added on after he was taken off the pitch? Thank-you. 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

FAO Queen of the South Manager:

In the event that you read this Mr. Johnston, can I just say that  pumping high balls up to Oliver,  Murray and El Bak seems to be a fruitless exercise which I hope is not repeated on a regular basis. Thank-you. 

I'm glad to hear that the injury to the Dunfermline player appears not to be as serious as first thought,  but as the game was held up for a good 10 minutes can someone explain why this injury time was not added on after he was taken off the pitch? Thank-you. 

I very much doubt if anyone is being instructed to launch it forward.  I think it's likelier to be a reflection of the fact that with our current personnel, the options for moving the ball forward through midfield are pretty limited.

The injury to the player came late in stoppage time at about 4.48pm.  It meant that when play did resume about 8 minutes later, there was a minute or so left to play, as had been the case at the point when the bloke got hurt.  Have I just been whoooooshed?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I very much doubt if anyone is being instructed to launch it forward.  I think it's likelier to be a reflection of the fact that with our current personnel, the options for moving the ball forward through midfield are pretty limited.

The injury to the player came late in stoppage time at about 4.48pm.  It meant that when play did resume about 8 minutes later, there was a minute or so left to play, as had been the case at the point when the bloke got hurt.  Have I just been whoooooshed?

No whooshing,  it was a serious question.  So am I right in saying that injuries occurring in stoppage time are not added on even though the time added is often described as MINIMUM time to be added. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No whooshing,  it was a serious question.  So am I right in saying that injuries occurring in stoppage time are not added on even though the time added is often described as MINIMUM time to be added. 

How could a late injury make the actual playing time much longer than it would otherwise be?

The excessive stoppage time was added on during the erm... stoppage.  This is a whooooosh, isn't it?

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

So if the game is in stoppage time and there is one minute of said stoppage time to play and a player gets injured at that point. It then takes  say 10 minutes to treat the player and you think there should be a further 11 minutes of play.

Really?

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

No one in the end up the lad eventually walked off. Is it so hard for them to walk round the pitch to the incident so that they are ready to come on if required.
So they weren't even required against Motherwell yet according to you they were "fucking shocking". Wind it in ffs [emoji38]

23 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Because it happened when we were already in time added on. If the ref had added a further 10 minutes, the game would have lasted for 100 minutes. 

I apologise for my obvious stupidity and lack of grasping the situation but I thought that time would added on for stoppages even if the stoppages occurred in the original amount of stoppage time the referee had decided/indicated.  I consider myself duly corrected and chastised.. 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I apologise for my obvious stupidity and lack of grasping the situation but I thought that time would added on for stoppages even if the stoppages occurred in the original amount of stoppage time the referee had decided/indicated.  I consider myself duly corrected and chastised.. 

Time was added on.  That's why we didn't leave the ground until almost 5 o'clock.

Between this and the First Aid criticism, this is a weird match thread.