Queens v Dunfermline

Very early days yet, but McCarthy and Hamilton have had a slow start. Couple of weeks until our next game so more time for the team to train together and Semple to lose 2 stone at least 😐

Dobbie coming back into the team with El Bakh is a very exciting prospect. 

Possibly (hopefully) another couple midfielders signed and in the squad by the time the Ayr game comes around. 

I thought Michael Paton played well yesterday and had a good physical presence. He received a warm round of applause when he left the pitch and it was nice that he acknowledged the crowd also.
He got a raw time of it at us once we got promoted but I'd put him up there with one of my favourite Pars players of the last 5 years. Pleased he's back at this level after a somewhat strange spell at Dumbarton.

It would have been harsh if the Ref had booked Murray at the "penalty" incident considering he didn't book the Dunfermline player for something similar in the first half. 
Anyone diving should be instantly booked. No exceptions for me.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Fae_the_ said:
It would have been harsh if the Ref had booked Murray at the "penalty" incident considering he didn't book the Dunfermline player for something similar in the first half. 

Anyone diving should be instantly booked. No exceptions for me.

Whilst not disagreeing with you,  we are always complaining about referees being inconsistent,  he didn't book the Pars player so it would have been  harsh if he then booked Murray for a similar thing. I'm more unhappy about Murray's earlier booking where he looked to me, from a fair distance away I admit,  to have put in a fair challenge. 

Which Dunfermline player dived and when? I honestly can't remember an incident fitting that description, and I don't remember ever getting up out my seat and thinking we might have a penalty at any point.

Whilst not disagreeing with you,  we are always complaining about referees being inconsistent,  he didn't book the Pars player so it would have been  harsh if he then booked Murray for a similar thing. I'm more unhappy about Murray's earlier booking where he looked to me, from a fair distance away I admit,  to have put in a fair challenge. 

Murray’s first booking was for handball, something he had done not that long beforehand but got away with just a free kick first time, ref just took the opinion that he couldn’t allow him to keep closing down with his hands raised

He could have well got booked early on for a poor challenge on comrie but got the ‘I don’t want to book you this early’ chat from the ref. (which is b.s refereeing imo, refs need to treat every incident the exact same, regardless of when they happen)

Which Dunfermline player dived and when? I honestly can't remember an incident fitting that description, and I don't remember ever getting up out my seat and thinking we might have a penalty at any point.
First half. It's on the highlights as well. Ryan(?) goes down after a strong challenge from Brownlie and wanted a penalty.

Murray’s first booking was for handball, something he had done not that long beforehand but got away with just a free kick first time, ref just took the opinion that he couldn’t allow him to keep closing down with his hands raised

He could have well got booked early on for a poor challenge on comrie but got the ‘I don’t want to book you this early’ chat from the ref. (which is b.s refereeing imo, refs need to treat every incident the exact same, regardless of when they happen)
It was a yellow all day that challenge. It was absolutely a 1-1 in terms of him and Comrie though The latter looked to throw an arm at Murray a few minutes before which both officials missed. And the same two missed the one later on that caused Holt to go off for treatment.

First half. It's on the highlights as well. Ryan(?) goes down after a strong challenge from Brownlie and wanted a penalty.
1. That wasn't a dive, it was a good challenge by the centre half.
2. A player wanting a penalty isn't a rare occurrence.
3. Nobody else in our team or in our end of the ground that I could see/hear shouted for it.

Not sure how you could suggest the incidents are even remotely similar tbh.

1. That wasn't a dive, it was a good challenge by the centre half.
2. A player wanting a penalty isn't a rare occurrence.
3. Nobody else in our team or in our end of the ground that I could see/hear shouted for it.

Not sure how you could suggest the incidents are even remotely similar tbh.
I never suggested anything. You asked what Fae_the_briggs was referring to and I told you. But FWIW:-

1) It wasn't actually a good challenge. Brownlie never won the ball but Ryan hit the deck with minimal contact.

2) Duno what your point is here.

3) Both Ryan and Nesbit claimed for the foul and you can clearly hear your support claiming for it as well.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That didn't involve a dive though.  It's not always the case that if a player goes down, it must be either a penalty or a dive  (I'm not saying you are saying that btw).

The Murray one later on however, was one such occasion.

ETA: I think the highlights suggest we were right in questioning McCrorie's positioning for the goal we conceded.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

That didn't involve a dive though.  It's not always the case that if a player goes down, it must be either a penalty or a dive  (I'm not saying you are saying that btw).

ETA: I think the highlights suggest we were right in questioning McCrorie's positioning for the goal we conceded.

I'm not. I'll be gobsmacked if that's not what FTB was referring to though.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not. I'll be gobsmacked if that's not what FTB was referring to though.

No, I'm sure you're right.  I was just commenting on that incident in itself, rather than on the fact you'd identified it, if that makes sense.