Queens v Dunfermline

10 hours ago, queenslad said:

What was the cheque presentation?

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I didnt see it but I believe the Barflies were doing a presentation of their annual sponsorship of the apprentice programme.

Photo taken from the OS

7D811943-5439-4069-95C4-E972DE118D8E.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I actually thought he was about to blow the final whistle when Murray git injured. Was surprised we played as long as we did on restart. He must have played a further minute.

I thought so too. Common sense says he maybe should have just blown and let the player get treatment with the game finished

I was quite impressed with Queens yesterday to be honest, the boy Semple needs to lose about 3 stone though. Same old story for us, started very brightly and faded as the game went on.

Btw, Aaron Comrie could easily have been sent off for his elbow on Murray in the first half, was pretty close to it and look an absolutely peach. Liked the look of Murray, he will be a big player for you guys this season.

If Andy Ryan has burried his chance in the first half I think we would have seen the game out but it wasn't to be. We need another striker in and a CM before the end if the window IMO, apart from his goal against Saints Andy Ryan just hasn't looked up to much so far.

All in all, a point was probably a fair result and it was very much a game if two halves, don't think Queens will be in any danger of the drop this season despite a lot of the doom and gloom I've seen from you guys.

Our second half performance over a season would see us comfortably safe. The first half performance would see us rooted to the bottom. I know it doesn’t work like that but there are still reasons to be concerned.

Reasons to be happy as well. We managed to look an attacking threat in the absence of Dobbie for 50 minutes yesterday. Something we never really managed last season.

Dunfermline fading in the second half is a strange one as I don’t think we altered our tactics too much. I suppose it’s natural instinct to sit on an away lead.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Our second half performance over a season would see us comfortably safe. The first half performance would see us rooted to the bottom. I know it doesn’t work like that but there are still reasons to be concerned.

Reasons to be happy as well. We managed to look an attacking threat in the absence of Dobbie for 50 minutes yesterday. Something we never really managed last season.

Dunfermline fading in the second half is a strange one as I don’t think we altered our tactics too much. I suppose it’s natural instinct to sit on an away lead.

They faded badly on a home lead last week albeit Dundee changed tactics and some personnel.

I reckon fatigue could play a part. I know that sounds ridiculous that they can only manage 45 minutes but they put so much into both the first halves against Dundee and us. Our defenders were never given a second to settle yesterday or our CM's. That obviously takes a lot of energy to maintain. If Dunfermline can go in 3 up in the first half (which I reckon will happen on occasion this season) then it should be comfortable to sit the game out. The trouble they'll have is if they go in drawing and don't have enough to take the game to the opposition.

I commented throughout the first half that I was hoping (praying!) Dunfermline would tire like they did against Dundee. Take nothing away from ourselves, we improved in the second half but Dunfermline tiring played a big part as well IMO.

12 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

We looked an attacking threat against Arbroath last week too, creating several good opportunities. And whilst I wasn't there, we managed three goals without him at Morton the week before. I don't think there's much doubt we'll get goals this season. It's whether we can keep them out at the other end.

I guess it's debatable whether we changed our tactics at half time, it's not in doubt we changed our personnel with Kidd coming on for Semple and Kilday going back to centre half. I don't think that's coincidental no matter what 19QOS19 and yourself think about Kidd. We brought on a player who may be perceived to be more of a full back but has played plenty of central midfield football in his career in place of a centre half trying to play defensive midfield. The shape was instantly better.

Stewart Kean has played plenty of his career as a striker before playing with us. It doesn’t mean he was any good at it!

Kidd’s historical performances in midfield are exactly why he shouldn’t play there, not justification for doing so.

16 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

Looks like some people have forgotten this is a match forum, whilst serious the injury is a match forum the place to discuss this. I foolishly believed a match forum was to discuss the match, how silly could I  be. 

It's almost like the injury occurred during the match, how could people be so silly?

What a bizarre thread this has been.

Yep just my opinion the actual discussion of match seems to be have been overtaken by all us medical experts who attend football matches. We must be really lucky at Palmerston we seem to have a budding group of people trained in dealing with injuries, will save Mr  Hewitt son a fortune. 

8 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Just get the fans to do the medical stuff on matchday..that would be the most sensible option according to this thread.

They wouldn't have a clue what to do once they got there but they would be bloody quick in getting to the incident. 

7 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Stewart Kean has played plenty of his career as a striker before playing with us. It doesn’t mean he was any good at it!

Kidd’s historical performances in midfield are exactly why he shouldn’t play there, not justification for doing so.

The justification is probably that we are short of midfield players at the moment and until others are brought in we have to use what we've  got where their needed. You don't rate Kidd in midfield and you don't rate Paton,  if they're dropped,  which is what you seem to be advocating ,   that's two positions to fill using the inexperienced back-ups that we have at our disposal. I don't think we've much option but to  play with Kidd and Paton just now in the hope that Johnston is prioritising bringing other midfielders in even in the loan market.  It's the Manager's decision to play these players in their positions, even if some think it's wrong,  and as  long as their doing their best,  which is all they can do, I certainly won't be over critical. 

I wonder how many people on here welcomed Johnston's appointment but at the same time are critical of some of his decisions on player signings. You either trust him to do the job or you don't. 

7 hours ago, Dobbie11 said:

Yep just my opinion the actual discussion of match seems to be have been overtaken by all us medical experts who attend football matches. We must be really lucky at Palmerston we seem to have a budding group of people trained in dealing with injuries, will save Mr  Hewitt son a fortune. 

Maybe more of  a reflection on the match and lack of controversial talking points that people seem to be talking more about the injury. We could have fifty posts discussing whether both teams should have had a penalty but that would eventually become  just as boring. 

42 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I wonder how many people on here welcomed Johnston's appointment but at the same time are critical of some of his decisions on player signings. You either trust him to do the job or you don't. 

I welcomed his appointment and trust him to do the job.  That's not to say I can't be critical of some of  his signings, just as I'm pleased with some of the signings..

These positions are not mutually exclusive. It's a perfectly reasonable position to hold that view.

Maybe more of  a reflection on the match and lack of controversial talking points that people seem to be talking more about the injury. We could have fifty posts discussing whether both teams should have had a penalty but that would eventually become  just as boring. 
I'd much rather McCarthy was played ahead of Kidd tbh.

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Fae_the_ said:

I'd much rather McCarthy was played ahead of Kidd tbh.

No thanks Mccarthy looked well off the pace when he came on at Arbroath.. Thot Lewis did OK when he came on he started to get on the ball and pass it to other team mates unlike the non existent Kilday in the first half who looked very uncomfortable on midfield. 

6 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

I thought Michael Paton played well yesterday and had a good physical presence. He received a warm round of applause when he left the pitch and it was nice that he acknowledged the crowd also.

Paton can cross a ball too something we have lacked the last couple of seasons. 

I thought Michael Paton played well yesterday and had a good physical presence. He received a warm round of applause when he left the pitch and it was nice that he acknowledged the crowd also.
He was better in the second half and didn't he have a hand in the goal? In the first half he was woeful though and easily one of our worst performers.
No thanks Mccarthy looked well off the pace when he came on at Arbroath.. Thot Lewis did OK when he came on he started to get on the ball and pass it to other team mates unlike the non existent Kilday in the first half who looked very uncomfortable on midfield. 
He got 12 minutes, he wasn't great or terrible. He looks very raw but he doesn't hide from what I've saw of him so far.