Queens v Dunfermline

35 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

It’s happening and you might just see the old pitch used elsewhere at a pitch near Palmerston ;) 

King George V Park?  Is it not supposed to be getting refurbished to take Reserve League,  Southern Counties,  Amateur League matches  so Palmerston is solely for 1st team games.  If that is indeed the case it would be good if we went back to grass at Palmerston as there would be less wear on it. Turfed not seeded though 19QOS19 .

I find it a bit weird that all the Queens fans on here seem to have decided that our surface is some sort of appalling issue.
We didn't used to see it this way.
It never used to be as bad though. As I've questioned before, is it poorly maintained? Can it be overused? It certainly doesn't play as well as it used to. When the ball is getting caught in Dobbie's feet, you know it's the surface that's the problem [emoji38]

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It never used to be as bad though. As I've questioned before, is it poorly maintained? Can it be overused? It certainly doesn't play as well as it used to. When the ball is getting caught in Dobbie's feet, you know it's the surface that's the problem emoji38.png

I've not noted the same deterioration in the surface that others seem to have observed.

Our pitch was rated as one of, if not the worst by some survey carried out among players a year or so back. Also Gary Naysmith and Dougie Anderson were very critical of it at a meet the manager night. Apparently it takes the players far longer to recover after playing on our pitch compared with any other.

The pitch is shit, but without being an expert I’m inclined to agree with the suggestion it’s how we’ve looked after it that’s the problem.

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
18 hours ago, Flash said:
I think in 2020 it will be 6 years since it was last relaid.

And how much is the relaying cost? Always seemed to me that maintaining grass was cheaper in the long run.

Grass may be cheaper to maintain,  I've no idea of costs,  but the revenue of hiring out of a synthetic turf pitch will help pay towards upkeep or replacement I would have thought. 

Guest Flash
11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
21 hours ago, Flash said:
I think in 2020 it will be 6 years since it was last relaid.

And how much is the relaying cost? Always seemed to me that maintaining grass was cheaper in the long run.

No idea. But you’d think every club that gets one will factor in the replacement cost when calculating whether it will be worthwhile. And if it turns out the pitch doesn’t last as long as expected or they don’t make as much from it as anticipated, you’d think they would replace it with grass at the end of its useful life. 

6 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Could the game be in doubt?

If we played on grass, I'm sure the pitch would be waterlogged.

We don't though, so I'd guess it'll be ok.  There's no wind or anything, but it really is pissing down and has been for a long time.  If surface water is fairly easily removed, I'd have thought we should be ok to go ahead.

Can't be sure though.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Anyone down there know if the roads are OK? Thinking of heading down but not if it means leaving a lot earlier and sloshing through flooded roads on the way.

Even in town there's lots of lying water, in massive roadside puddles.  It's not a day when I'd fancy driving any distance to be honest.