Queens v Dunfermline

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Too sticky (owing to seagull shite),  as are most of the seats. 

We struggled against Edinburgh City on the plastic. Shouldn't really be an excuse as it's so common in our league but we really didn't look as slick as we do on our lovely East End grass. 

24 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We struggled against Edinburgh City on the plastic. Shouldn't really be an excuse as it's so common in our league but we really didn't look as slick as we do on our lovely East End grass. 

It should give us a slight advantage being more used to it,  unfortunately it doesn't. It's probably more to do with players ability but first time control seems to be a problem.  

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd like to blame the surface for our imminent defeat. Cheers. 

It isn't a good artificial surface from the times I've seen it play.  Don't think I've seen a good game on it since they switched from grass. 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

With the Edinburgh City game they kept it dry as possible, was horrible. 

Our pitch is horrendous when it is dry, which it always seems to be.  I've no idea if the ground-staff water it or not, but we get enough rain in Dumfries that it shouldn't be a problem.

On the very rare occasions that it does look watered I think our pitch produces the sort of fast and slick passing you'd hope and expect from an artificial surface.  The majority of the time though it is a sticky, bobbly mess.

That description of the pitch sounds like the pitch in Edinburgh, hopefully it's peeing it down Saturday lunchtime. 

As for  the game there is surely no way we will get the time and space out wide we got on Friday night. It was shown in the Edinburgh City game that if we don't click and play at pace we are pretty toothless. 

It will be a hard game, we don't have a particularly good record there recently, any win would be a really good result. 

Have I completely imagined this or did the young groundsman used to go around the pitch when it was first installed and put on the sprinklers? Every chance I'm confusing this with another ground.

45 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Our pitch is horrendous when it is dry, which it always seems to be.  I've no idea if the ground-staff water it or not, but we get enough rain in Dumfries that it shouldn't be a problem.

On the very rare occasions that it does look watered I think our pitch produces the sort of fast and slick passing you'd hope and expect from an artificial surface.  The majority of the time though it is a sticky, bobbly mess.

It’s watered before every game. Always has been. 

It’s watered before every game. Always has been. 

It’s played like a dry pitch most times I’ve seen us play on it.

When is it watered? Falkirk and Hamilton in the past have done it right before kick off and again at halftime” never seen that at Palmerston.

I've seen it watered a few times. Played on it 3 times last season in the amateur league and everytime we got there it was just finishing getting watered. 

How many year was the pitch meant to last again? I can remember reading about it when it got put down. Seems to be by its used by date already. 

It is a shite surface but players will know what it's like and almost every footballer will have trained on the stuff at some point. You only have to look at our results over the past couple of seasons to see it certainly doesn't give us any kind of advantage.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 20:57, QoS_1919 said:

I've seen it watered a few times. Played on it 3 times last season in the amateur league and everytime we got there it was just finishing getting watered. 

How many year was the pitch meant to last again? I can remember reading about it when it got put down. Seems to be by its used by date already. 

It will be relayed next year .

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

What's the fucking point in it if it's relayed every couple of years???

I think in 2020 it will be 6 years since it was last relaid.