Queens v Dunfermline

12 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

QoS need to press Dunfermline from the start.  We were bloody awful in the first half on Friday and dodged a bullet going in just 1 goal behind.  In the second half we got more play through our midfield and started to press Dunfermline.  It was remarkable how quickly they stopped being an attacking force like the first half.  Their tempo just disappeared.  I cant say we rang them ragged but we pretty much dominated the second half. 

If you press us early coley, dow and nisbet will be delighted,  they would absolutely thrive of the space and 1 on 1 chances created.  Our tempo went cos we were knackered, we put so much energy into matches early on we suffer in the 2nd half. As said it seems to be set up to try get a few early goals and hold on from there.

I'd be bringing turner in for (p)paton,  with dobbie out an ageing (m)paton who's just had a terrible season looks the biggest threat. I don't see the benefit of having a sitting midfielder there, lets have a go at this mob. 

Edited by parsforlife

If you press us early coley, dow and nisbet will be delighted,  they would absolutely thrive of the space and 1 on 1 chances created.  Our tempo went cos we were knackered, we put so much energy into matches early on we suffer in the 2nd half. As said it seems to be set up to try get a few early goals and hold on from there.
I'd be bringing turner in for (p)paton,  with dobbie out an ageing (m)paton who's just had a terrible season looks the biggest threat. I don't see the benefit of having a sitting midfielder there, lets have a go at this mob. 
Paton our biggest threat [emoji38]

Only change I'd make is bringing Turner in for McCann. Turner seems to play at a consistently high level for the full 90, whereas McCann peters out. Thought McCann played well against Dundee, btw, but Turner should be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

3 hours ago, JFPar said:

What's McCann done to warrant being dropped? He was superb on Friday night. Don't get me wrong, Turner is going to be one of our key men this season but that's harsh on McCann. I'd go with the same starting 11 then have Turner ready to come in and possibly change a game if needed.

I think we'll win this one. From reading/listening to various season previews it would seem Arbroath are currently weaker than they were last season and Queens failed to beat them. We really should have got all three points against a team who've just came down from the Premiership. With Dobbie missing we really should have enough to get the job done.

Superb is over stating it a bit, great potential he may have I don't remember him influencing the game that much in the first, I reckon Ryan would've done better tbh. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Superb is over stating it a bit, great potential he may have I don't remember him influencing the game that much in the first, I reckon Ryan would've done better tbh. 

Fair. However his energy was really good and he looked composed on the ball, he certainly caused Dundee problems. Bit of a kick in the stones for the laddie if he's out the team already but I suppose he only started because Turner was suspended.

Sshhhhhh!
Much as you under-rate Paton, I'd be perfectly happy for Dunfermline to concentrate their efforts on stopping him and ignoring certain 'other' players.

who have you got then? Past seasons you’ve been pretty much a 1 man team and he’s unavailable, even the guys that could occasionally put in a decent performance(Todd, aird, stirling, dykes) have ate away, so what are you left that’s better than Paton? Gary fucking Oliver?

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

who have you got then? Past seasons you’ve been pretty much a 1 man team and he’s unavailable, even the guys that could occasionally put in a decent performance(Todd, aird, stirling, dykes) have ate away, so what are you left that’s better than Paton? Gary fucking Oliver?

You're right. My mistake. Paton is pretty much our only threat. Best put 2 or 3 defenders on him just to keep us quiet.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Connor fucking Murray pal 😎

If you are completely sure about the opposition you're facing it's best to not say anything otherwise you come across looking like an ignorant OF fan.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

If you are completely sure about the opposition you're facing it's best to not say anything otherwise you come across looking like an ignorant OF fan.

Not particularly. 

As far as I can remember Conor Murray has played 1 game against us? Hamilton hasn't meanwhile Oliver and Paton have but they have been pretty ineffective.

You can look at previous stats to get a feel for a player and if you do that Murray and Hamilton don't show up great. That attacking line up outwith Dobbie does look poor, if we've got aspirations to be in the playoffs we need to be looking at this as a great opportunity to take on a team missing a key player. 

BTW on Flash scores it has Mike Williamson being in your squad, is that a thing? 

28 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Save that for when you play Alloa. 

Is that who he plays for now? Stunned he isn't playing junior football tbh. A total reject.