Queens v Dunfermline

A difficult 1st home game  Dunfermline were impressive on Friday night look to have a very good squad this season .

Our squad is not complete yet but it is difficult to get players in with our budget we will be lucky to get a crowd of  2000 on Sat Dunfermline had over 5000 on Friday night .

Huge miss for us is Dobbie being out he is our main goal threat 

Alan ‘No Plan B’ Johnston won’t have a clue how to deal with us. Couple early goals and we should win handsomely. 
You should have done that on Friday but managed to spectacularly bottle it against a rotten Dundee side.

You should have done that on Friday but managed to spectacularly bottle it against a rotten Dundee side.

Dundee did next to nothing and relied on a terrible penalty decision to get the draw. But bottled it, aye.

The only thing that worries me for this game is the pitch. Johnston doesn’t have a clue how to change things, where as McPake obviously does and his side managed to get a point from it, under dubious circumstances right enough. Good thing Dobbie is out all the same.

Dundee did next to nothing and relied on a terrible penalty decision to get the draw. But bottled it, aye.

The only thing that worries me for this game is the pitch. Johnston doesn’t have a clue how to change things, where as McPake obviously does and his side managed to get a point from it, under dubious circumstances right enough. Good thing Dobbie is out all the same.
You should have been out of sight by half time yet came away with a point, so aye: bottled it.

Hope AJ is still using his trusted 442 against anyone. We need to win games like this if we want to push for the playoffs especially if Dobbie is out now.

4-2-3-1 these days. Funnily enough he changed things to 4-3-3 when we were losing at 3-1 Morton and we brought it back to 3-3. ;)

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Alan ‘No Plan B’ Johnston won’t have a clue how to deal with us. Couple early goals and we should win handsomely. 

Reckon that rotten Dundee side are going to finish a above QoTS tbh. 

If we go two goals up then AJ hasn't got it in him to change it. 

Reckon that rotten Dundee side are going to finish a above QoTS tbh. 

If we go two goals up then AJ hasn't got it in him to change it. 
I expect so. Doesn't change anything I've said though.

QoS need to press Dunfermline from the start.  We were bloody awful in the first half on Friday and dodged a bullet going in just 1 goal behind.  In the second half we got more play through our midfield and started to press Dunfermline.  It was remarkable how quickly they stopped being an attacking force like the first half.  Their tempo just disappeared.  I cant say we rang them ragged but we pretty much dominated the second half. 

QoS need to press Dunfermline from the start.  We were bloody awful in the first half on Friday and dodged a bullet going in just 1 goal behind.  In the second half we got more play through our midfield and started to press Dunfermline.  It was remarkable how quickly they stopped being an attacking force like the first half.  Their tempo just disappeared.  I cant say we rang them ragged but we pretty much dominated the second half. 

And don’t start 3 at the back

We should have won on Friday night, no doubt about it. We certainly didn't "bottle it" though. I think folk are using that term so often now, they've forgotten what it means.

If Queens don't have Dobbie available then we should be looking for 3 points on Saturday. A point wouldn't be a disaster but I'd like to see us build some early momentum, especially with a much harder game up after this against our perennial bogey side, Dundee United.

We should have won on Friday night, no doubt about it. We certainly didn't "bottle it" though. I think folk are using that term so often now, they've forgotten what it means.
If Queens don't have Dobbie available then we should be looking for 3 points on Saturday. A point wouldn't be a disaster but I'd like to see us build some early momentum, especially with a much harder game up after this against our perennial bogey side, Dundee United.

Thought yous looked superb in the first half, genuinely gave me the fear how far we are behind. If we don’t get players in this week. I’ll take a point

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yep I didn't think Dunfermline bottled it.

They were 2-0 but were rocked back by a dubious penalty right on HT which must have given Dundee a huge and unexpected boost.  Dundee's change of personnel and system changed the game and seemed to coincide with Dunfermline  running out of energy. They actually showed a bit of bottle to get the draw given they were under significant pressure near the end of the match.

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Thought yous looked superb in the first half, genuinely gave me the fear how far we are behind. If we don’t get players in this week. I’ll take a point

Dunfermline did really well first half and they looked great  but we have to take some account of Dundee being absolutely awful and that their set up contributed hugely to that.  As stated in another thread for all the praise McPake got for changing things at HT he should have made the changes much earlier and caught a huge break to be only 2-1 down when it could easily have been 3 or even 4-0.  All credit to Dunfermline for an excellent first half display though.

We’ve been starting games really brightly, with the Edinburgh City game being the only competitive game so far this season where we have failed to score within the first 20 minutes (or at all).

Combine that with AJ’s historical inability to turn games around, we should be looking for 3 pints.

I wonder if the players are just needing to continue building their fitness in lasting closer to the full 90 minutes, or if Crawford is hoping to be in a comfortable enough position in some games to relax for the last 20, which is admittedly a risky approach.

I’ll say 2-0 Pars, Nisbet and Beadling.

50 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Get Turner back in for this one in place of McCann. Confident we can grab a narrow win but I can't it being easy, games in Dumfries always seem to be shitfests

What's McCann done to warrant being dropped? He was superb on Friday night. Don't get me wrong, Turner is going to be one of our key men this season but that's harsh on McCann. I'd go with the same starting 11 then have Turner ready to come in and possibly change a game if needed.

I think we'll win this one. From reading/listening to various season previews it would seem Arbroath are currently weaker than they were last season and Queens failed to beat them. We really should have got all three points against a team who've just came down from the Premiership. With Dobbie missing we really should have enough to get the job done.