Motherwell v Celtic

Never caught the Celtic game on TV last night , only some of the Radio Scotland commentary , and it sounded like the boy Bolingoli was having an absolute 'mare . Could be the chink in the armour we need to get in behind if he plays .

Would like to see us continue with the expansive style we have adopted , rather than Robinson overthinking things and trying to set up in a way purely to negate Celtic's threat .

The turnover of players and guys coming from outwith the league again this season should help take the fear factor out of the equation a bit , and as long as we play the 11 players in front of us rather than the occasion and are brave on the ball ,  if the wide players are up for it , we can really give them a game .

Would happily accept a share of the spoils after an entertaining 2-2 .

17 minutes ago, DosserDel said:

Never caught the Celtic game on TV last night , only some of the Radio Scotland commentary , and it sounded like the boy Bolingoli was having an absolute 'mare . Could be the chink in the armour we need to get in behind if he plays .

Watching it last night, it certainly seemed that getting in behind him wouldn't be a problem, he was an absolute disaster positionally. May all depend on us actually getting the ball to Hylton, Ilic or Seedorf in that area.

6 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Watching it last night, it certainly seemed that getting in behind him wouldn't be a problem, he was an absolute disaster positionally. May all depend on us actually getting the ball to Hylton, Ilic or Seedorf in that area.

He is fucking atrocious, with Tuesday v Cluj in mind and with the narrower pitch at Fir Park I could see Lennon playing a 3-5-2 with a back 3 of Ajer, Elhamed and Jullien (Simunovic went off injured last night) with either Johnston or Morgan on the left, probably Forrest on the right unless he is given a break and maybe Shved getting an opportunity, Griffiths up front with Eduoard.

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

He is fucking atrocious, with Tuesday v Cluj in mind and with the narrower pitch at Fir Park I could see Lennon playing a 3-5-2 with a back 3 of Ajer, Elhamed and Jullien (Simunovic went off injured last night) with either Johnston or Morgan on the left, probably Forrest on the right unless he is given a break and maybe Shved getting an opportunity, Griffiths up front with Eduoard.

Fairly sure Jozo is suspended and think Jullien is aswell. 

No clue what we'll play, really should rest Brown, Christie and Edouard given the depth we have in those positions but doubt it'll happen.

My team would be

Bain

Elhamed Ajer Bitton Boli

McGregor Ntcham

Forrest Shved Sinclair

Griffiths. 

With Johnston, Christie, Edouard to come off the bench if required.

Regardless think it'll be a fairly nervy 2-0 win.

The Celtic support genuinely deserve nothing but suffering on Saturday for some of the utter pish they have spouted over Tierney gate.  Embarrassing.

Hylton ripping your new left back a new one would be pretty apt I think.

2 hours ago, Luke92 said:

The Celtic support genuinely deserve nothing but suffering on Saturday for some of the utter pish they have spouted over Tierney gate.  Embarrassing.

Sheesh - It's perfectly logical and consistent:

Turnbull to Celtic: Young player, life changing move, no-one would turn that down, fact of football life, calm down 'Well fans

Tierney to Arsenal: Traitor! You should be playing for the Hoops! Whit about 10 in a row!!!!!111!

In his pre-match Robinson was talking up his wide players again. Which is fine but I wouldn't be completely shocked to see a 352 make an appearance and maybe switch things up in the second half and use Seedorf and/or Hylton as impact subs.

Gillespie
Gallagher Hartley Dunne
Grimshaw Campbell Donnelly Polworth Tait
Scott Long

Pretty much nailed on Celtic win like...

Also, very much here for sticking James Scott on the cover of the programme...

EBdce33XUAECYvP?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by capt_oats

In his pre-match Robinson was talking up his wide players again. Which is fine but I wouldn't be completely shocked to see a 352 make an appearance and maybe switch things up in the second half and use Seedorf and/or Hylton as impact subs.
Gillespie
Gallagher Hartley Dunne
Grimshaw Campbell Donnelly Polworth Tait
Scott Long
Pretty much nailed on Celtic win like...
Also, very much here for sticking James Scott on the cover of the programme...
EBdce33XUAECYvP?format=jpg%26name=small&key=fe0065613e1d623d3697e9e70f4a9e0b5dcafa75583d1db6d37cbd31906a1d29

If we’re going 352 I’d play Scott and Cole upfront. I’d be tempted to play Hylton instead of Polworth as well.

13 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

If we’re going 352 I’d play Scott and Cole upfront. I’d be tempted to play Hylton instead of Polworth as well.

Aye. I'm all for that tbh. Even Sloth might be a shout instead of Polworth.

I think one of the things is that with Robinson for better or worse we've tended just to stick with a shape it it's looked like it's working. It's been mentioned before in our thread but it'd be good if we were able to have a viable alternative for games against the top bracket sides.

Edited by capt_oats

Am I right in thinking there's no away fans in the Phil O'Donnell anymore? 

Correct! To many issues with things like shared facilities. It’s something we should’ve done years ago.

27 minutes ago, Geedub-MFC said:

Am I right in thinking there's no away fans in the Phil O'Donnell anymore? 

Apart from those taking hospitality in the Centenary. 

I am all for that - speaking as someone who was called an *********** several times the evening they ripped up hundreds of seats. When I dared to answer back and say how unfair it all was - the stewards picked on me.  

Costs us £30k per game but worth it. 

I am going for a 4th draw in a row at Fir Park.