Dundee vs. Ayr United

Was always a game where the longer it went on whoever scored would win it. Unfortunately Forrest missed our big chance (Credit to the goalie tho who still had to save it!) Dundee then had a good spell for 15 mins and took their chance when it came. However, talk of pumping and 2nd gear is just childish nonsense.

Thought Moffat & Forrest were our best players. Felt McCalls subs destroyed any forward momentum we had and frankly starting to think Doolan is totally done. 

On that showing there is no reason for us to fear anyone in this league!

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You could tell that Dundee were the better quality team but at no point did they really slice us open - neither team had any particularly great chances. The ref was fucking awful but it would be a bit of a stretch to say he cost us the game. Dundee will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season though and I’d be happy for them to pip their arsehole rivals to the title.

P.S. got a third off with my well out of date student card. Thank you x

Apart from Hemmings 2 chances and Todd’s in the last 5 minutes....

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Was always a game where the longer it went on whoever scored would win it. Unfortunately Forrest missed our big chance (Credit to the goalie tho who still had to save it!) Dundee then had a good spell for 15 mins and took their chance when it came. However, talk of pumping and 2nd gear is just childish nonsense.

Thought Moffat & Forrest were our best players. Felt McCalls subs destroyed any forward momentum we had and frankly starting to think Doolan is totally done. 

I suggest you start fearing us as you've just been beaten 1 0.

Mental, you lot.

Thank you.

I'm copying what the Ayr poster above said you fucking Walnut Whip.

Thank you.

Pick a more relevant confectionary next time.

You’ll forgive me though for not reading every single post on here.

Seems a strange thing to say in any case.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Was glad to see the back of Moffat tbh. A lot of clever play by him bringing others into play. Would take him, Forrest and Harvie thank you. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pick a more relevant confectionary next time.

You’ll forgive me though for not reading every single post on here.

Seems a strange thing to say in any case.

Tell your owner to lock you back in your cage you wee ferret.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Apart from Hemmings 2 chances and Todd’s in the last 5 minutes....

You did force a few good saves in the last 5/10 minutes to be fair but that wasn’t the until we were chasing the game.

As an aside: was a bit peeved off to hear so many of our fans booing McDaid. Regardless what you think about his abilities he made a fair contribution to 2 good seasons for the club and I think he deserves a bit more respect than that.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I like McDaid's efforts and Hemmings did not lose the ball once today. We really need a better creative player, whether that be a centre mid or winger. Ayr only troubled us when we made the mistake, if we are going to have a difficult season then it will be down to our own mistakes.

Forster gives me the fear like. He is good in the air but as long as he doesn't try to play the ball with his feet he should be fine.

Also Jobby McCall has lost the plot;

Ayr United manager Ian McCall: "All the football was played by us up until we went daft with 10 or 15 minutes to go, but I'm just angry because it's as clear a penalty as you'll ever see.

"Maybe it's because it's wee Ayr Utd coming to Dens with a big crowd. The linesman's got a great view and he clearly doesn't see Kerr touch the ball. It's a stonewall penalty. It changed the course of the game."

The ref was something else today. Pulling the play back for a freekick to us in our own half when we were in possession 30 yards out with a 2 on 1 situation was something special by the ‘son of Rowbotham’ today. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The ref was something else today. Pulling the play back for a freekick to us in our own half when we were in possession 30 yards out with a 2 on 1 situation was something special by the ‘son of Rowbotham’ today. 

There was also the offside that he thought the linesman was giving a foul for that stopped our attack and wasted another 30 seconds.

3 minutes ago, derrybiy said:

There was also the offside that he thought the linesman was giving a foul for that stopped our attack and wasted another 30 seconds.

Yeah I remember that. Was going my dinger when he was giving Ayr the freekick for the challenge whilst the linesman had his flag up. Loads of atrocious calls from him and the linesman at the Derry side today. The head knock on Ness was another awful decision until he changed his mind. 

35 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Don't think that's a penalty at all, Cammy fell over before the Ayr player and doesn't touch him when he falls down too. Looks like he out-muscled Cammy but was too unbalanced to keep his own footing. Hamilton saved Forster's ass on that big Ayr chance, way out of position. Would easily have Meekings on for him in the next game.