Dundee vs. Ayr United

I'll take that.

3 points all that matters - think we just about deserved the win - but we really do need to get a creative midfielder in and also play with far more width. 

Despite losing Shankland, Ayr still look a very decent team - they'll be a tough proposition for any of the top teams - and should be there or thereabouts for a play-off spot.

Would be really tempted to see if we could get Moffat who has impressed me any time I've seen him (I know he's 34 but I'm thinking for this season only).  Forrest had a very good game as well for Ayr.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

It’s painful how much we need a creative midfielder. We overplay the ball too much, need to be more direct. Could’ve easily dropped points today. Thank f**k Nelson was on it. Hemmings looks sharp. McDaid had a really good game. Robertson’s pass out wide in the build up to the goal was sublime. Had the fear when it was raining for Hamilton to fall on his arse/ drop the ball. Ayr were well organised and defended really well. They looked fairly dangerous on the counter too. Their keeper seemed to make an amazing save against Todd at the end, although he might have hit it straight at the GK? I was in the Cox so couldn’t see too well. Same with Hemmings’ miss which appeared to be a sitter. Referee was shite, and what the f**k happened at the end? No added time announced and ref seemed to play on forever.

Just like I've been saying, Nelson is the best impact sub going.

Mediocre performance and taking 3 points regardless, I'll fucking take that. Need to find more goals, chances once again constantly going amiss. Midfield still needs work, and defense still isn't convincing. Hopefully this is just a new squad gelling together.

Would still say we were the better team overall, and didn't feel too threatened in the second until late on. Ayr look decent this year too. Best of luck, but for all your moaning all game I still will enjoy saying GIRUY.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We probably deserved at least a point from that by the sounds of things but hey ho.

I’m still not sure what McCalls priority should be in terms of bringing players in.

There's absolutely no way you deserved a point, never mind more. One excellent chance that probably would have won it but Dundee had by far the best chances in the end. Oh, and we scored. 

1 minute ago, thommohawk said:

There's absolutely no way you deserved a point, never mind more. One excellent chance that probably would have won it but Dundee had by far the best chances in the end. Oh, and we scored. 

We were also denied a penalty on Forrest, he missed 2 great chances. We were the better team in the 1st half. Your first shot on target was in the 2nd half.

Positives

- Ness looked good in second half, was v poor in first.
- Wee Robbo is going to be a fucking shagger in later life
- We look capable of playing some pretty decent stuff
- Nelson was braw when he came on
- McDaid looked fired up

Negatives

- Forster gives me the heebie jeebies
- First half Kerr was keech
- Hemmings and Todds misses
- Ayr players trying and failing to snap a 16 year olds legs
- Desperately need a creator as Ness and Robbo both sit deep

All in all f**k Ayr and their dinghy hatchetmen

Positives

- Ness looked good in second half, was v poor in first.
- Wee Robbo is going to be a fucking shagger in later life
- We look capable of playing some pretty decent stuff
- Nelson was braw when he came on
- McDaid looked fired up

Negatives

- Forster gives me the heebie jeebies
- First half Kerr was keech
- Hemmings and Todds misses
- Ayr players trying and failing to snap a 16 year olds legs
- Desperately need a creator as Ness and Robbo both sit deep

All in all f**k Ayr and their dinghy hatchetmen

Why does it matter if he’s 16 or not?