Dundee vs. Ayr United

Forster was not at fault IMO for the first v Dunfermline. A suicidal pass from Kerr lead to the first and a catalogue of defensive errors was the fault for the second. Someone not marking the throw in taker and someone on the receiver and then Hamilton flapping at the cross.

54 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Pointless debating anymore with you as you seem to think he is decent , tell me who on the park was worse than him  yesterday , yes and low standards if you rate him , I think he was poorest player and obviously you don’t , he is the only player who I have seen this season for Dundee that I would not have in my team , against Dunfermline he was your worst outfield player was marginally beaten to worst player by your keeper for his horrendous mistake ( at least he improved yesterday with a couple of good saves) 

All I’ve done is highlight your over exaggeration on everything. 

Number 1 priority to improve in my team imo is the goalkeeper. 

Edited by Yenitit

Forster was not at fault IMO for the first v Dunfermline. A suicidal pass from Kerr lead to the first and a catalogue of defensive errors was the fault for the second. Someone not marking the throw in taker and someone on the receiver and then Hamilton flapping at the cross.
Kerr made a bad pass. However forster just had to put it into touch. Instead he made an ass of it.

I think he is a shakry defender but meh when was last time we had a real good defence

All I’ve done is highlight your over exaggeration on everything. 
Number 1 priority to improve in my team imo is the goalkeeper. 
For me is an attacking midfielder.
McGowan really was poor yesterday, I think he should be an impact sub
Dorrans looks ideal ( realistic however I'm unsure ).
5 clean sheets out of 6 so far this season. Both goals against dunfermline he could do little about.

I'd be critical of Hamilton but he has did alright

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

For me is an attacking midfielder.
McGowan really was poor yesterday, I think he should be an impact sub
Dorrans looks ideal ( realistic however I'm unsure ).
5 clean sheets out of 6 so far this season. Both goals against dunfermline he could do little about.

I'd be critical of Hamilton but he has did alright

An attacking midfielder would be great especially if it’s Dorrans but the keeper gives me the fear every time the ball’s near him. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

An attacking midfielder would be great especially if it’s Dorrans but the keeper gives me the fear every time the ball’s near him. 

Hamilton made the important save gateway so he in my good books for at least this week, but even in this game there was a moment in the first half where idk what actually happened, but Hamilton seemed to misread a ball, go out for it and stumble before collecting it. Could easily have been a heads gone moment once again. I'd be happy doing something similar to last year in Dieng: bring in a young talented goalie on loan to assist.

I agree. However if you a choice between say an attacking midfielder or another goalie I'd want the attacking midfielder in first.
Another goalkeeper I wouldn't say no to.

I agree. However if you a choice between say an attacking midfielder or another goalie I'd want the attacking midfielder in first.
Another goalkeeper I wouldn't say no to.

Judging by McPakes interview after the game I don’t think a keeper is a high priority.

2 minutes ago, daftydee said:

Judging by McPakes interview after the game I don’t think a keeper is a high priority.

He totally bailed us, and Forster out yesterday. He's too much of a risk to be our number 1 going forward and he's gonna make more high profile mistakes. Hope this isn't the hill that McPake dies on.

6 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Pointless debating anymore with you as you seem to think he is decent , tell me who on the park was worse than him  yesterday , yes and low standards if you rate him , I think he was poorest player and obviously you don’t , he is the only player who I have seen this season for Dundee that I would not have in my team , against Dunfermline he was your worst outfield player was marginally beaten to worst player by your keeper for his horrendous mistake ( at least he improved yesterday with a couple of good saves) 

Says "pointless debating" then asks a question in the same sentence, without a comma nor a question mark may I add? 

14 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

Says "pointless debating" then asks a question in the same sentence, without a comma nor a question mark may I add? 

Think if you look again there is a comma before I asked the question , agree with the question mark though 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He totally bailed us, and Forster out yesterday. He's too much of a risk to be our number 1 going forward and he's gonna make more high profile mistakes. Hope this isn't the hill that McPake dies on.

All our recent managers seem to stick by at least one player that is utter horse shit.

Hartley had Hateley

McCann had Moussa

MacIntyre had Woods

Although all of the above also refused to change tactics and formation during a game. McPake has already proved willing to do this with the right outcome, so hopefully he will also drop a player on performance. Although he could argue that only 2 goals conceded in 7 games is a good performance, which it is.

9 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I don’t believe we are really coherent yet, but there is enough there to feel confident that we’ll be challenging at the right end of the Championship this year.
I think Ayr will be looking at the playoffs too.

Yesterday was my first visit to Dens for 40 years and it was pretty enjoyable even if the football was patchy - especially in the first half.  Looked as if someone pressed the KERS button about the 60th minute and Dundee had a 15 minute purple patch, pressed hard, got a good goal then went back to being pedestrian.

Your lack of coherence showed in the distance between the midfield and Hemmings.  He's clearly a good signing for you but yesterday he worked as both brickie and hod carrier as the service he got was piss poor.  Either of McCowan or Murdoch of Ayr would improve you.

Ayr played some nice football at times but I thought young Kelly had a patchy game.  He was pretty good when he actually got the ball and played some lovely passes but  was poor at winning the ball and also poor at moving in to space to receive a pass.   He clearly has to grow in to himself.

Edited to add:  1. The Dundee shirt will look great once you've decided how the collar will be finished.  2. We went out in the City centre last night and twice saw blokes wearing white denim jackets.  Made me nostalgic for the 80s.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Yesterday was my first visit to Dens for 40 years and it was pretty enjoyable even if the football was patchy - especially in the first half.  Looked as if someone pressed the KERS button about the 60th minute and Dundee had a 15 minute purple patch, pressed hard, got a good goal then went back to being pedestrian.
Your lack of coherence showed in the distance between the midfield and Hemmings.  He's clearly a good signing for you but yesterday he worked as both brickie and hod carrier as the service he got was piss poor.  Either of McCowan or Murdoch of Ayr would improve you.
Ayr played some nice football at times but I thought young Kelly had a patchy game.  He was pretty good when he actually got the ball and played some lovely passes but  was poor at winning the ball and also poor at moving in to space to receive a pass.   He clearly has to grow in to himself.
Edited to add:  1. The Dundee shirt will look great once you've decided how the collar will be finished.  2. We went out in the City centre last night and twice saw blokes wearing white denim jackets.  Made me nostalgic for the 80s.

Kelly will be a good player for you lot but needs a couple of seasons playing regularly like McCrorie did. He’s far too small as well as he’s easily bullied off the ball. When he’s possession of the ball you can tell there’s a player there. Always looking for a pass forwards and pretty comfortable with both feet.

The one thing I’ll say that surprised me was whenever I’ve seen him lose the ball his first instinct is to try and win it back. Once he bulks up a bit he’ll be better at battling with midfielders but for now he’s relying on being quicker than them.

There’s f**k all wrong with a denim jacket imo although I don’t own one.

Other than that a decent review.

Think we should lay this one to rest. We look like we’ve got potential and need time to gel. Foster looks like he will he found wanting at times. Ayr, despite losing a few good players, are still a decent side and like us should be in the mix for play off spots etc at the end of the season.