Dundee vs. Ayr United

17 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I think you will find that a number of your fans thought the same as us that the save at Hemmings feet was a tremendous save as all the Ayr fans level with it thought he must score 

At the game or on here? 

Theres been two comments on it by Dundee fans. One saying he was surprised it got to him, the other asking how he could possibly miss. 

I am in the first camp, he couldn't work it out his feet and tried to get anything on it. The keeper done well to close it down and get to it before Hemmings could readjust. Its hardly a 'great save'. I'm taking it the other was the one at the end, where Hemmings hit it right at him? Again, hardly a great save. Both are saves that you'd expect any goalkeeper to make. The second being a glaring miss, IMO. 

Yesterday was a mixed bag for The Dee. Overall a lot of possession, often not enough movement and midfield a midfield trudge without enough pace or tempo, too many one twos against us through the middle and the odd defensive lapse. Yet the other side of the coin was sparse but good: excellent save from Hamilton when a defensive lapse left him open; flashes of foot wizardry from McDaid; superb pass from Robertson to Marshall who controlled brilliantly and crowded to an unmarked Nelson who executed a text book header beyond the keeper; Hemmings looking fit, sharp and strong, unlucky not to score thanks to excellent goalkeeping and a result that last season would have gone the other way.
I don’t believe we are really coherent yet, but there is enough there to feel confident that we’ll be challenging at the right end of the Championship this year.
I think Ayr will be looking at the playoffs too.
Ken's the score.

No, I wasn't blaming your keeper for that goal yesterday. I perhaps was over critical calling him a dumpling. His footwork is very laboured, as you'll see at the goal and a few of the shots just completely had him beaten all ends up - he never not moved because he knew they were going wide as someone said. 
I also can't remember one 'great save' never mind two.
There are definitely two great saves in the highlights above. Both in the second half from very close range, he closes down brilliantly and makes himself very big.

I'm not sure about the mcdaid shot in the first half. I'd give credit to Declan - he took it early and there was a crowd of defenders in front of the keeper. I agree that he wasn't watching it sail wide confidently, but I think it's hard to be critical of his movement when you consider the two big saves (and, once again, I've been critical of his flapping at crosses in recent weeks).

11 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Yesterday was a mixed bag for The Dee. Overall a lot of possession, often not enough movement and midfield a midfield trudge without enough pace or tempo, too many one twos against us through the middle and the odd defensive lapse. Yet the other side of the coin was sparse but good: excellent save from Hamilton when a defensive lapse left him open; flashes of foot wizardry from McDaid; superb pass from Robertson to Marshall who controlled brilliantly and crowded to an unmarked Nelson who executed a text book header beyond the keeper; Hemmings looking fit, sharp and strong, unlucky not to score thanks to excellent goalkeeping and a result that last season would have gone the other way.
I don’t believe we are really coherent yet, but there is enough there to feel confident that we’ll be challenging at the right end of the Championship this year.
I think Ayr will be looking at the playoffs too.

Agree with all you’ve said. I think the 4 midfielder’s who performed the best over the preseason and Betfred games have all been central midfielder’s leading to McPake trying to fit all 4 into a system which so far hasn’t worked. The 2 league game’s so far he’s changed the system during the games to good effect and eventually I think he’ll settle for a central midfield pairing of Ness and Byrne plus 2 wide men. Once we settled on that formation we started to get the ball forward a lot quicker and looked the better side. Ness should be playing in the middle where he went when Gowser went off.  

Edited by Yenitit

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

At the game or on here? 

Theres been two comments on it by Dundee fans. One saying he was surprised it got to him, the other asking how he could possibly miss. 

I am in the first camp, he couldn't work it out his feet and tried to get anything on it. The keeper done well to close it down and get to it before Hemmings could readjust. Its hardly a 'great save'. I'm taking it the other was the one at the end, where Hemmings hit it right at him? Again, hardly a great save. Both are saves that you'd expect any goalkeeper to make. The second being a glaring miss, IMO. 

Spoke to a number of your fans in Frews Bar after the game and in their opinion it was a good save as keeper gave  Hemmings no time to pick his spot 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Spoke to a number of your fans in Frews Bar after the game and in their opinion it was a good save as keeper game Hemmings no time 

I gave him credit, it's probably me just reading too much into it but I'd never call either 'great' saves. 

Upon watching the highlights, Kane's chance that I thought was an impossible one to miss did actually take a bad touch off of him originally as he didn't seem to expect the ball coming his way, and the ball had rolled too far towards the keeper to allow Hemmings a clean shot. Certainly wouldn't call that a great save, just simple goalkeeper astuteness. Doohan's cover of Todd's attack was more impressive, but even then it was largely due to his positioning. Your keeper did fine yesterday, but was absent when Admiral Nelson took control.

Not just a donkey but a complete donkey also the worst centre half around [emoji23] Nope definitely not hyperbole. Part of a defence that’s kept 5 clean sheets out of a possible 6.
Your goalkeeper “handled everything between the posts really well”, how did he deal with Nelson’s goal? 

Our dumpling keeper kept 20 clean sheets last season. If you want to bring stats into it.

Sigh. I really miss the Ross County fans.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Our dumpling keeper kept 20 clean sheets last season. If you want to bring stats into it.

Sigh. I really miss the Ross County fans.

You’ve got me mixed up with someone else, I was merely highlighting a headsgone moment from an Ayr fan. 

30 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

You’ve got me mixed up with someone else, I was merely highlighting a headsgone moment from an Ayr fan. 

Nothing about heads gone , if you think you Centre half Forster is a decent player then you have very low standards , he is by far the poorest player in your team , that is the only point I am making , being part of a team who has not conceded in 5 games is not a valid point it’s down to the other decent defenders covering for him , re look at both goals against Dunfermline he was at fault for both and was not very good again yesterday 

Edited by Robbo63

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Nothing about heads gone , if you think you Centre half Forster is a decent player then you have very low standards , he is by far the poorest player in your team , that is the only point I am making , being part of a team who has not conceded in 5 games is not a valid point it’s down to the other decent defenders covering for him , re look at both goals against Dunfermline he was at fault for both and was not very good again yesterday 

Hyperbole again.

“Very low standards ”, “by far the poorest player”. 

If you can’t see the goalkeeper is at fault for Dunfermline’s 2nd goal give up with football. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Hyperbole again.

“Very low standards ”, “by far the poorest player”. 

If you can’t see the goalkeeper is at fault for Dunfermline’s 2nd goal give up with football. 

Pointless debating anymore with you as you seem to think he is decent , tell me who on the park was worse than him  yesterday , yes and low standards if you rate him , I think he was poorest player and obviously you don’t , he is the only player who I have seen this season for Dundee that I would not have in my team , against Dunfermline he was your worst outfield player was marginally beaten to worst player by your keeper for his horrendous mistake ( at least he improved yesterday with a couple of good saves) 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I'm not even sure what Forster is meant to do at the first, either. Wipe the boy out and get sent off in the first 15 minutes? 

Cammy Kerr effectively played the boy through. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'm not even sure what Forster is meant to do at the first, either. Wipe the boy out and get sent off in the first 15 minutes? 

Cammy Kerr effectively played the boy through. 

I think if you watch it again he was bullied off the ball on the touch line by Nesbit a guy half his size and weight that led to the goal 

Edited by Robbo63

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

I think you need to go and watch it again. 

Just did , and he was definitely bullied off ball , watch the highlights on Dunfermline tv at 36 seconds and come back and tell me if he was not bullied off the ball by Nesbit who then crosses for the goal 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Robbo63 said:

Just did , and he was definitely bullied off ball 

No he wasn't, he was outpaced he wasn't out muscled. He's losing the race and slides to try and get the ball before Nisbet. Nisbet isn't even by him when he starts his slide. As for your idea that he's at fault for the second, I burst out laughing watching the replay. He isn't even within 5 foot of where the cross is going, it's not even his man. 

Some boy, Robbo. Some boy. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

No he wasn't, he was outpaced he wasn't out muscled. He's losing the race and slides to try and get the ball before Nisbet. Nisbet isn't even by him when he starts his slide. As for your idea that he's at fault for the second, I burst out laughing watching the replay. He isn't even within 5 foot of where the cross is going, it's not even his man. 

Some boy, Robbo. Some boy. 

Maybe wrong on the second goal , but tv does not lie he is definitely pushed off ball by Nesbit , he is on his feet winning race until out muscled , can’t seem to convince you or Yenited that he is one of your poorest players , as I have said earlier the only player I have seen in your team that I would not have in my  team , then again football is all about opinions and our seem to be different 

Edited by Robbo63