Dundee vs. Ayr United

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Couple of observations from the highlights:

The few chances Ayr made were snuffed out quite easily. 

Dundee goal was criminal defending. 

Ayr goalie looks a bit of a dumplin. Quite a few times he's absolutely rooted. 

Keeper a dumpling !!! 2 great saves ,he was not rooted as he made no attempt as the shots  were off target , everything between the posts he handled very well , as for your team nowhere near good enough at moment , defending very poor and from what I have seen of Forster in 2 games he must be the worst Centre half around , far to slow and poor positioning, our 1 forward pulled him all over the place 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

as for your team nowhere near good enough at moment , defending very poor 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. We need to up our game massively if we want to be serious title contenders. It may be enough to win points - comfortably - whilst playing so poorly but we will be punished eventually unless we seriously kick on. Hopefully McPake can sort out the midfield, it's looking a bit "meh". 

30 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

...and from what I have seen of Forster in 2 games he must be the worst Centre half around , far to slow and poor positioning, our 1 forward pulled him all over the place 

I have to agree, I wouldn't want the #5 for Dundee anywhere near our team. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Keeper a dumpling !!! 2 great saves ,he was not rooted as he made no attempt as the shots  were off target , everything between the posts he handled very well , as for your team nowhere near good enough at moment , defending very poor and from what I have seen of Forster in 2 games he must be the worst Centre half around , far to slow and poor positioning, our 1 forward pulled him all over the place 

Hyperbole much?

If you're blaming our keeper for that goal then you haven't got a clue. It was well- worked, great cross, and headed down on to a wet surface. It was in the corner, and the only fault I would have is not stopping the cross.

Other than that he made two great saves, and generally didn't put a foot wrong. I've been critical in the past but yesterday he looked a top keeper.

Couple of observations from the highlights:
The few chances Ayr made were snuffed out quite easily. 
Dundee goal was criminal defending. 
Ayr goalie looks a bit of a dumplin. Quite a few times he's absolutely rooted. 

Not too disappointed about yesterday, we played some good stuff at times with Moffat, Forrest and McCowan all linking up well. On another day we might have had a penalty for the tackle on Forrest and again Forrest was very unlucky when the Dundee keeper got a foot to his shot to divert it for a corner.

Both teams missed chances but ultimately Dundee will be fancied for at least a top 3 finish and I didn't think there was much between the sides which should give us confidence for the games to come.

On to the QOS game now........

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

No not at all , just stating a true fact that your Centre half is a complete donkey , if you read all the threads a number of your own fans think the same 

Not just a donkey but a complete donkey also the worst centre half around 😂 Nope definitely not hyperbole. Part of a defence that’s kept 5 clean sheets out of a possible 6.

Your goalkeeper “handled everything between the posts really well”, how did he deal with Nelson’s goal? Like the other poster said he was beaten all ends up by McDaid’s swerving shot in the 1st half that just went the wrong side of the post. 

Oh and my team’s not near good enough after a fairly comfortable win, why so bitter?

Edited by Yenitit

57 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If you're blaming our keeper for that goal then you haven't got a clue. It was well- worked, great cross, and headed down on to a wet surface. It was in the corner, and the only fault I would have is not stopping the cross.

No, I wasn't blaming your keeper for that goal yesterday. I perhaps was over critical calling him a dumpling. His footwork is very laboured, as you'll see at the goal and a few of the shots just completely had him beaten all ends up - he never not moved because he knew they were going wide as someone said. 

I also can't remember one 'great save' never mind two.

Other than that he made two great saves, and generally didn't put a foot wrong. I've been critical in the past but yesterday he looked a top keeper.
The biggest issue with our goal wasn't the keeper but the fact that Nelson was left completely unmarked.

45 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not just a donkey but a complete donkey also the worst centre half around 😂 Nope definitely not hyperbole. Part of a defence that’s kept 5 clean sheets out of a possible 6.

Your goalkeeper “handled everything between the posts really well”, how did he deal with Nelson’s goal? Like the other poster said he was beaten all ends up by McDaid’s swerving shot in the 1st half that just went the wrong side of the post. 

Oh and my team’s not near good enough after a fairly comfortable win, why so bitter?

Not bitter in anyway about the result , you have a number of very good players I just say it as I and many others see it , my only point was about how bad your Centre half is nothing else , as for the goal you tell me what keeper could have done as it was a superb cross and great placed header , I am struggling to think of a keeper who would have saved it , keeper showed he knew shots were not on target as he made no effort for a number of shots not through bad judgment but good decision making 

33 minutes ago, Dele said:

No, I wasn't blaming your keeper for that goal yesterday. I perhaps was over critical calling him a dumpling. His footwork is very laboured, as you'll see at the goal and a few of the shots just completely had him beaten all ends up - he never not moved because he knew they were going wide as someone said. 

I also can't remember one 'great save' never mind two.

I think you will find that a number of your fans thought the same as us that the save at Hemmings feet was a tremendous save as all the Ayr fans level with it thought he must score 

Yesterday was a mixed bag for The Dee. Overall a lot of possession, often not enough movement and midfield a midfield trudge without enough pace or tempo, too many one twos against us through the middle and the odd defensive lapse. Yet the other side of the coin was sparse but good: excellent save from Hamilton when a defensive lapse left him open; flashes of foot wizardry from McDaid; superb pass from Robertson to Marshall who controlled brilliantly and crowded to an unmarked Nelson who executed a text book header beyond the keeper; Hemmings looking fit, sharp and strong, unlucky not to score thanks to excellent goalkeeping and a result that last season would have gone the other way.
I don’t believe we are really coherent yet, but there is enough there to feel confident that we’ll be challenging at the right end of the Championship this year.
I think Ayr will be looking at the playoffs too.