Dundee vs. Ayr United

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ref probably.

I’ve just read that it was Alan Newlands reffing today which would explain why he didn’t give us much.

Anyways I’m not too fussed. Dundee are contenders for the league and I’m still viewing us as mid table to avoid any disappointments.

Ayr fans booed throughout, but I personally don't remember Newlands giving us anything scandalous.

You guys looked solid, and dangerous on the counter. Nearly capitalised on a defensive error if not for a great Hamilton save (can't believe I'm saying that). Certainly looked like playoff contenders to me, but we had the edge in most departments overall.

I’m just confused as to why his age was brought up. Should our players have gone easy on him because he’s a youngster?

Your players shouldn’t be launching into leg breakers on anyone tbf. They just done it to him cos he’s a young boy ripping the piss out them and they couldn’t handle the minter it was giving them.

Ayr fans booed throughout, but I personally don't remember Newlands giving us anything scandalous.
You guys looked solid, and dangerous on the counter. Nearly capitalised on a defensive error if not for a great Hamilton save (can't believe I'm saying that). Certainly looked like playoff contenders to me, but we had the edge in most departments overall.

Wasn’t there so can’t comment but we had Newlands a couple times last season and he was particularly horrendous in those matches.

As I said though if I’m being realistic I wasn’t expecting much today. So long as we do ok against the likes of Dunfermline, Morton, QOTS, Alloa and Arbroath I think we’ll do ok this season. Anything against the Dundee teams is probably a bonus.

Your players shouldn’t be launching into leg breakers on anyone tbf. They just done it to him cos he’s a young boy ripping the piss out them and they couldn’t handle the minter it was giving them.

I don’t think our players care what age a player is tbh.

According to media reports, the referee was a homer and they thought his earpiece was linked to the Dundee dugout as he gave Ayr f**k all.

Bunch of absolute delusional simpletons.

The only mistake of any significance he made was messing up an advantage when Dundee were through on goal.

There was literally nothing contentious all day apart from that, unless Ayr fans wanted Jordon Forster penalised for being taken out from behind.

If that's a horrific referee, it's going to be a very long season.

Probably should have had a penalty first half and had grown into it enough that another 5/10 minutes would have seen us ahead first half.  Half time came and we were shut out the game, weird subs didn't help and heads were down a bit after Harvie had a mare he got away with.  Dundee could have had another couple after they got ahead. 

Hemmings looked really good when our defence got tired and when he's right up to speed he will be class. 

He didn’t give anything particularly significant but he gave you every single debatable decision. Your baldy centre half in particular played the hard man twice (once when the incident had f**k all to do with him) and somehow escaped without a booking.

Thought we sat too deep today but reckon we were worth a point.

49 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Probably should have had a penalty first half and had grown into it enough that another 5/10 minutes would have seen us ahead first half.  Half time came and we were shut out the game, weird subs didn't help and heads were down a bit after Harvie had a mare he got away with.  Dundee could have had another couple after they got ahead. 

Hemmings looked really good when our defence got tired and when he's right up to speed he will be class. 

This is a fair summary. Thought Moffat was dangerous, and it was a pointless sub to bring him off for Doolan who was ineffectual. You also subbed your 2 captains and the armband changed round 3 times, when again, it was just more like for like subs. Bizarre.

47 minutes ago, munro7 said:

He didn’t give anything particularly significant but he gave you every single debatable decision. Your baldy centre half in particular played the hard man twice (once when the incident had f**k all to do with him) and somehow escaped without a booking.

Thought we sat too deep today but reckon we were worth a point.

Can't agree with any of that. He had a wee bit of handbags with your player after he had just had his legs taken away from behind. Second incident was your player scything down Robertson and then mouthing off to him and in that scenario, I'd expect our more senior players to be protective over our 16 year old player.

1 hour ago, The Gifted Sub said:

I have no fucking clue what you are on about. 

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

According to media reports, the referee was a homer and they thought his earpiece was linked to the Dundee dugout as he gave Ayr f**k all.

That is not true and he was equally bad with both teams. Each time a player fell over he gave a free kick whether it was actually a bad tackle  or not