Dundee vs. Ayr United

13 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not sure what to make of Dundee after watching them at East End.

First half Dunfermline absolutely destroyed them with Dow and Nisbet in particular running amok and they could and should have been about four up, however the second half was the exact opposite with Dunfermline pinned back and unable to get out of their own half.

I also thought Dundee looked far fitter and stronger so can only hope that "first half" Dundee turn up for 90 mins against us on Saturday..........

The key difference in the second half for Dundee was the backline. They started with 3 at the back, who sat narrow, which opened alot of space up for Dow. In some respects Dow looked like he had run himself into the ground by the half. Second half Dundee changed shape and Dunfermline couldn't handle the extra width. Agree with you completely on the fitness as Dunfermline looked absolutely shagged by the 60th. 

Likely McPake won't make the same mistake again. 

I'm hoping if we take points off of you - be it three or one - you won't incessantly cry about it for a week like Dunfermline fans, nor will you (laughably) claim you were Brazil 1970esque. 

Be good guys, Ayr. 

Thank you. 

I'm hoping if we take points off of you - be it three or one - you won't incessantly cry about it for a week like Dunfermline fans, nor will you (laughably) claim you were Brazil 1970esque. 
Be good guys, Ayr. 
Thank you. 
I'm hoping that if we repeat last season's performance and result you'll cry for months. I want to be avoiding exploding heads on dens road.

1-3

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I'm hoping that if we repeat last season's performance and result you'll cry for months. I want to be avoiding exploding heads on dens road.

1-3

I can't even remember playing Ayr last season. What was the score? 

Edit : Can't see this game being on, tbh. It's fucking teamin' doon. 

Edited by Dele

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Thoughts on Ayr team for tomorrow, IMO it will not be same 11 as last week ! Away tie against one of the so called top teams , different approach required 

I think we need to play to our strengths which is going forward, we could try and shut up shop and play a more defensive game but that never seems to work for us and we'd ultimately just end up getting scudded.

Since we've started playing this possession based game the only match I can recall us getting outclassed and totally outplayed was the 5-0 humping at Palmerston, ok we've had some defeats and draws along the way but rarely were we completely outplayed by the opposition.

Looking forward to it anyway.

I think we need to play to our strengths which is going forward, we could try and shut up shop and play a more defensive game but that never seems to work for us and we'd ultimately just end up getting scudded.
Since we've started playing this possession based game the only match I can recall us getting outclassed and totally outplayed was the 5-0 humping at Palmerston, ok we've had some defeats and draws along the way but rarely were we completely outplayed by the opposition.
Looking forward to it anyway.

I thought last Saturday was the best we’ve played since the first half of last season albeit Morton were horrendous.

I wouldn’t change much for tomorrow. The 4-3-3 we’re currently using is perfect for the guys we’ve got. The only thing McCall might change is Adams in for Bell or Roscoe.

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought last Saturday was the best we’ve played since the first half of last season albeit Morton were horrendous.

I wouldn’t change much for tomorrow. The 4-3-3 we’re currently using is perfect for the guys we’ve got. The only thing McCall might change is Adams in for Bell or Roscoe.

Totally agree, we were a joy to watch at times and as I said previously, the front three reminded me of Teale, Walker and Hurst as they ripped Morton to shreds time and time again.

It's great having three guys up top who all have a great touch are relatively quick and who genuinely seem to be on the same wavelength and enjoy playing together.

Shankland was brilliant of course, but I felt we were guilty of overplaying to him at times where as Saturday just felt like we had multiple options and with the likes of Doc and Kelly driving us forward it was all high tempo stuff with more shots at goal and crosses coming in than I've seen from us in years.

Excellent stuff, that I just hope we can keep up..........

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How similar will your line up be to the one that pumped us last season? Obviously the boy with the massive forehead is gone but you had a few lads who looked decent that day.

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

:huh: 

We've had games on after worse weather than this. 

It's been absolutely teaming down and is to be - 3 hours apart from midnight until 3am - right through tomorrow and most of Sunday. It really isn't that strange a comment to make that I think the game will be off. 

Find out tomorrow, I suppose. 

How similar will your line up be to the one that pumped us last season? Obviously the boy with the massive forehead is gone but you had a few lads who looked decent that day.

I think our lineup in the cup was;

Doohan

Geggan
Adams
Rose
Harvie

Forrest
Murdoch
Kerr
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

Rose, Shankland, McDaid and Crawford are all away and I don’t think Mark Kerr will start the match. It seems this season we’ve switched from the 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 with Moffat dropping deeper to support the two wingers, Forrest and McCowan. I think we’ll still try and play on the front foot in games but I like having the 3 in midfield. Too many times last season we were outnumbered and overrun in games.

Of the players who would have played against you lot I think, we have lost Shankland, Crawford, Rose, and Mcdaid(sub). The rest of the team will be relatively the same albeit jigged around slightly.
I'd say that on the whole we are slightly weaker. But I have been very excited by the young players McCowan, McGuffie and Kelly recently who will likely all feature.

We will also hopefully have Andy Murdoch in CM where he belongs and not out on the wing. Not that it mattered much in the cup game last year.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think our lineup in the cup was;

Doohan

Geggan
Adams
Rose
Harvie

Forrest
Murdoch
Kerr
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

Rose, Shankland, McDaid and Crawford are all away and I don’t think Mark Kerr will start the match. It seems this season we’ve switched from the 4-4-2 to a 4-3-3 with Moffat dropping deeper to support the two wingers, Forrest and McCowan. I think we’ll still try and play on the front foot in games but I like having the 3 in midfield. Too many times last season we were outnumbered and overrun in games.

7 of them starting on Saturday IMO