Dundee vs. Ayr United

It’s funny how the Ayr fans were greeting when McDaid left. Now he’d their 4th choice winger. You’d have to wonder if Jobby agrees considering he offered him terms [emoji2369]
Don't remember many Ayr fans upset about mcdaid leaving.

39 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Eh no. My memory is that he played the full 90 minutes rarely, didn’t score many goals and had a really dull season. I appreciate that injuries curtailed his performances but last season was not a good one for him I’m afraid.

As opposed to McDaid who played 34 games and got a whopping 4 goals and 5 assists. Irreplaceable for sure! 

It’s funny how the Ayr fans were greeting when McDaid left. Now he’d their 4th choice winger. You’d have to wonder if Jobby agrees considering he offered him terms [emoji2369]
You'll be able to pick out all those greetin Ayr fans with ease, presumably?
Take your time.

As opposed to McDaid who played 34 games and got a whopping 4 goals and 5 assists. Irreplaceable for sure! 

Nope didn’t say that. But you claimed Forrest was “phenomenal” and that I must have slept through the early part of the season. I didn’t but you obviously dreamt up his form last season.

It’s funny how the Ayr fans were greeting when McDaid left. Now he’d their 4th choice winger. You’d have to wonder if Jobby agrees considering he offered him terms 🤷‍♂️

No one was upset. Imo Forrest is a better player and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how decent McGuffie and McCowan have looked. We’ve also got Frank Ross to bring in to the team so I’d say we’re better off than we were last season in terms of wide options.

I wasn’t his biggest fan but I thought McDaid was superb at times. In League One.

He performed well in a lot of the bigger matches such as against Killie, Dundee Utd and did ok against Rangers even though they hammered us.

51 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Nope didn’t say that. But you claimed Forrest was “phenomenal” and that I must have slept through the early part of the season. I didn’t but you obviously dreamt up his form last season.

He was phenomenal. Nothing wrong with sone hyperbole! In fact he did more in the first home game against Dunfermline than McDaid did in any other game I can recall. As others have mentioned Declan flattered to deceive and only seemed to up his game for the cameras.

49 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Don't think anyone else in the midfield managed those stats.

Agree, but still not great. I'm confident if Forrest wasn't injured he would have done better tbh.

On 05/08/2019 at 22:48, North Terrace Gazza said:

Why not make the price £50 there is bound to be enough idiots willing to pay to watch the famous Blues. Close the away end as no fans would travel and save on stewards. Gate taking would probably still be the same. 🤦‍♂️

Yes, but there is a tipping point and 50 quid is well beyond that.  A difference of let's say a fiver won't make enough difference either way.

13 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Eh no. My memory is that he played the full 90 minutes rarely, didn’t score many goals and had a really dull season. I appreciate that injuries curtailed his performances but last season was not a good one for him I’m afraid.

He was possibly our best player up until his injury. The majority of goals that Shankland scored in the first half of the season were as a result of the link up play of Forrest and Moffat and to say his season was "dull" defies belief.

We missed Forrest immensely when he was injured..........

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

It’s funny how the Ayr fans were greeting when McDaid left. Now he’d their 4th choice winger. You’d have to wonder if Jobby agrees considering he offered him terms 🤷‍♂️

He'd have done as a squad player, however he'd definitely be behind Forrest, McCowan and a fit Ross in the pecking order. McGuffie is a bit of a toss up as different styles and both inconsistent, however the bottom line is that while we'd have kept him he's really no great loss to us given our abundance of talent in those positions.

On the other hand, Liam Smith and Michael Rose aren't as easily replaced in their respective positions and Shankland, well, need I say more...............

16 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

This is more or less a free hit at Dundee after winning v Morton. 2-1 to the good guys, Moffat and Muirhead (pen).

I'm not sure what to make of Dundee after watching them at East End.

First half Dunfermline absolutely destroyed them with Dow and Nisbet in particular running amok and they could and should have been about four up, however the second half was the exact opposite with Dunfermline pinned back and unable to get out of their own half.

I also thought Dundee looked far fitter and stronger so can only hope that "first half" Dundee turn up for 90 mins against us on Saturday..........