Dundee vs. Ayr United

46 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Nah you can't dismiss it that easily.

It's a fucking disgrace.

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Absolutely no idea why anyone would wanna charge Dundee fans more when they come down here, it's hardly their fault that their board are robbing b******s.

With the exception of you. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a 'good supporter', £24 to watch second tier Scottish football while some luminous arsehole tells you to sit down is utterly laughable. 

Eh, I'm just in a bad mood, and as valid as these complaints are, (if it were up to me we too would charge less) I just am not seeing the point in debating it here. Apologies for my callous response.

About time the clubs got together and agree a set price for all league games.

Or even a season ticket that gets you into home and away games?

Clubs just don't seem to be doing enough to attract fans through the gates.

Eh, I'm just in a bad mood, and as valid as these complaints are, (if it were up to me we too would charge less) I just am not seeing the point in debating it here. Apologies for my callous response.
It's a football forum, where issues are discussed. As well as that, in pretty sure all clubs will keep an eye on sites like this to keep their ear to the pavey (as they say up here).

It's your comment about being a 'good supporter' that was out of line. There are plenty of good supporters who can't justify that expense.

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Apology accepted. You may now pay the same as everyone else. 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Also shocking price that Dundee is charging. Really wish we could raise away prices when they come down to Somerset 

Those heated leather seats and half-time champagne and caviar sandwiches don't pay for themselves mate!  

45 minutes ago, ftk said:

About time the clubs got together and agree a set price for all league games.

Or even a season ticket that gets you into home and away games?

Clubs just don't seem to be doing enough to attract fans through the gates.

I think the H/A season ticket is a good concept but in reality how would it work - no way would fans of well-supported teams (like Dundee) be happy to subsidise less well-supported teams (Like Dundee Utd) - it would just be too hard to decide a fair split.

As for a standard price for all league games - could be worth a more detailed look but would it really help numbers i.e. would a 4 quid reduction in Dundee's prices really encourage many more Dees or away fans to attend - probably not enough to cover the losses.  If it was a goer, we'd already be doing off our own back i'd imagine.

I guess the main problem is that it's hard to roll back prices by much and therefore only minor adjustments can be made - which are totally ineffective in terms of getting more people in and end up costing clubs money. 

I think the H/A season ticket is a good concept but in reality how would it work - no way would fans of well-supported teams (like Dundee) be happy to subsidise less well-supported teams (Like Dundee Utd) - it would just be too hard to decide a fair split.
As for a standard price for all league games - could be worth a more detailed look but would it really help numbers i.e. would a 4 quid reduction in Dundee's prices really encourage many more Dees or away fans to attend - probably not enough to cover the losses.  If it was a goer, we'd already be doing off our own back i'd imagine.
I guess the main problem is that it's hard to roll back prices by much and therefore only minor adjustments can be made - which are totally ineffective in terms of getting more people in and end up costing clubs money. 

Why not make the price £50 there is bound to be enough idiots willing to pay to watch the famous Blues. Close the away end as no fans would travel and save on stewards. Gate taking would probably still be the same. 🤦‍♂️

32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I would imagine the different would be £5k-£7k towards your next administration.

Your point doesn't make as much sense as you think it does.

21 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Didn’t take long for McPake to realise he’s utter shite.

I think he was one of the only players this season offered improved terms by McCall but thankfully he wanted to move on.

Well that's clearly nonsense. 

That being said it will be glorious watching Geggan/Harvie putting him head first into the Derry within the first five minutes #tooblessedtobestressed

Well that's clearly nonsense. 
That being said it will be glorious watching Geggan/Harvie putting him head first into the Derry within the first five minutes #tooblessedtobestressed

Perhaps it’s harsh but he’s definitely not good enough for a team trying to win this league. You could count on one hand the amount of good games he had last season.

I get the players in his position are often inconsistent but there’s a difference between that and having the odd good game.

As you’ve said though, Geggan (I’m guessing that’s who he’ll be up against) will know to hit him early doors.

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Perhaps it’s harsh but he’s definitely not good enough for a team trying to win this league. You could count on one hand the amount of good games he had last season.

I get the players in his position are often inconsistent but there’s a difference between that and having the odd good game.

As you’ve said though, Geggan (I’m guessing that’s who he’ll be up against) will know to hit him early doors.

If you were to compare Forrest to McDaid then there's only ever going to be one winner. Forrest on Saturday was a prime example of a quick skilful direct player who carries an end product and also links up play very well where McDaid can all too often flatter to deceive with his fannying around and ultimately he achieves nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I believe he has the tools to do better however I'm not convinced he's got the brain and ultimately if he was still at Somerset he'd be miles behind both McCowan and Forrest in the pecking order and possibly behind McGuffie and Ross.