Dundee vs. Ayr United

If any Ayr fans are taking  Under 12 kids to game on Saturday ,there is a special offer on in the Ayr United shop , we have a package that if you buy an adult or concession ticket you can purchase any U12 tickets for £2 , these are only on sale as a package , we are not selling individual adult or concession tickets , a saving of £8 on pay at the gate price, be quick if you want any as Dundee have only sent us around 50 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

Totally agree

I know a number of fans are in the same frame of mind , I normally travel with 3 other fans in car , this week none of the other 3 are going as  they refuse to pay that price for Championship football 

Just now, Robbo63 said:

I know a number of fans are in the same frame of mind , I normally travel with 3 other fans in car , this week none of the other 3 are going as  they refuse to pay that price for Championship football 

I think plenty of Dees feel the same. We have to pay that every home game. If we are going to charge Premiership prices then we should be watching Premiership quality football but that is far from being the case.

Unless the club put on a deal or two again this year, this is likely to be the first year in many years that I've not been to a single home game. 

I refuse to pay £24 for any game of football, never mind one in the championship. 

Probably just keep going to see east craigie for my live football fix. Bus up, ticket in, a peh, an twa pints for less than a ticket to Dens would cost? Fuckin right. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

No he wasn’t - Scott Fox for one. I don’t get why people keep saying this, you could have made an argument for it in the first half of the season but after that not really.

He’s a solid keeper for this level, for his age he’s all the more impressive and I’m glad we got him back for this season - but there’s definitely been a few more errors in his game since the turn of the year.

He appears to be very unfortunate in that any error results in a goal. Some keepers live a charmed life by comparison.

Whit is a massive club like Dundee doing down here mucking it out with wee teams like Dundee United, can't get me nut round it. 

Edited by itzdrk

34 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Surely the club must know that if they charge slightly less they will attract a lot more.  100's of £20's are better than no £24's

I honestly don't think that's the case. We charged £12 for our decider in the League Cup against Caley and got less than 2000 home fans.

Everytime in the past we've reduced prices, the attendance hasn't seen a worthwhile financial swing. 

I totally agree £24 is scandalous, but we'd lose more money by reducing the price even if it did see an extra 100 or so added to the gate.

34 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

He appears to be very unfortunate in that any error results in a goal. Some keepers live a charmed life by comparison.

Jack HamLOLton disagrees.

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I honestly don't think that's the case. We charged £12 for our decider in the League Cup against Caley and got less than 2000 home fans.

Everytime in the past we've reduced prices, the attendance hasn't seen a worthwhile financial swing. 

I totally agree £24 is scandalous, but we'd lose more money by reducing the price even if it did see an extra 100 or so added to the gate.

I was meaning reducing the away end as once added  to  the price of travel, food and drink it becomes highly unlikely that away fans will travel.

4 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

I was meaning reducing the away end as once added  to  the price of travel, food and drink it becomes highly unlikely that away fans will travel.

That's not possible, got to be one charge for all.

3 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

I think plenty of Dees feel the same. We have to pay that every home game. If we are going to charge Premiership prices then we should be watching Premiership quality football but that is far from being the case.

Shocking price and I won't travel to pay that

Supporters bus is slow for bookings and they've cut the cost to try incentivize people but I don't think it'll have much of an effect. Expect that for a lot of visiting teams this season.

Do Dundee have a live streaming option for home games?

Supporters bus is slow for bookings and they've cut the cost to try incentivize people but I don't think it'll have much of an effect. Expect that for a lot of visiting teams this season.
Do Dundee have a live streaming option for home games?

They do. DeeTV. Like all the others you’ll need a VPN.

How much is it to get into Somerset these days out of interest?

Another fookin hard game this one. It’s a very daunting league this.