Partick Vs Dundee United 09/08/19

He got injured for us in late December and was out to early Feb TBH didn't look fit when he came back I think he might have only scored one or two from open play after that, if he stays fit all season I think he will score 40 plus for you.

What is Shankland's injury record like?

I thought he was pretty much fit most games.

It's winning those type of games that wins you championships. Shankland might just be the difference this year. Defence still looks shaky though and Stanton is pish.

Thistle more likely to be in the relegation play offs than the promotion ones.

We’re an absolute gang. A completely undeserved lead at HT, and then trying to sit on it in the second half, which to the surprise of no-one, failed miserably.

Two really poor performances in a row; tactically all over the place in both of them. I suppose there is still the argument that Caldwell has been blocked from building the team as he’d like, but playing the way we have been in the six competitive games so far, I’m not sure he deserves that chance.

Thought we were absolutely awful 1st half. Started OK but not a patch on last week. As the half went on we became worse. Back to the usual dicking about at the back, slowing the game down and letting Partick regroup. 

The few times we did attack quickly it was a launched ball and the cross was shit, or the obvious choice wasn't made (McMullan). The freekicks were gash too and the least said about McMullan at the goal the better.

Second half, not saying it was brilliant, bit much quicker, passes were actually made and we did play at times some decent stuff. McMullan had a couple of decent crosses, and if Appere had gambled, he would have scored from Stanton's ball. Two not perfect goals but the play leading up to them was better and players were there to take the chances.

Still room for improvement but 6 from 6 with +4 goal difference can't be bad knowing you can play better.

We kept going in that game, a position I wouldn't have been confident in getting points from before, so again should take that as a positive.

Onwards to Dunfermline now.

Around Christmas I’m sure he was “unfit” although not sure what was down to fitness and what was down to him wanting away.

From Christmas until the end of the season he was pretty much unfit although it was an injury caused by him being completely burnt out.

McCall doesn’t strike me as someone who would happily leave out his best player just because he wanted to leave.

7 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Thought we were absolutely awful 1st half. Started OK but not a patch on last week. As the half went on we became worse. Back to the usual dicking about at the back, slowing the game down and letting Partick regroup. 

The few times we did attack quickly it was a launched ball and the cross was shit, or the obvious choice wasn't made (McMullan). The freekicks were gash too and the least said about McMullan at the goal the better.

Second half, not saying it was brilliant, bit much quicker, passes were actually made and we did play at times some decent stuff. McMullan had a couple of decent crosses, and if Appere had gambled, he would have scored from Stanton's ball. Two not perfect goals but the play leading up to them was better and players were there to take the chances.

Still room for improvement but 6 from 6 with +4 goal difference can't be bad knowing you can play better.

We kept going in that game, a position I wouldn't have been confident in getting points from before, so again should take that as a positive.

Onwards to Dunfermline now.

We have to beat you sometime.