Stranraer V Montrose

Football is a physical game, but their is a difference between hard defenders and dirty defenders. Yesterday that was a game changer. Our two front men who were causing your slow defenders problems were both hacked down , one will be out for at least 4 weeks , that’s not what football is about.
Nah, nae penalties on the highlights, strange that. [emoji848]

6 minutes ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Nah, nae penalties on the highlights, strange that. emoji848.png

Not for the want of trying though, that baldy headed whining centre you have , kept tripping over his own feet, moans at ref the whole game, a big fairy.

Great second goal for Montrose.

I know Callaghan has his critics, so good way to answer them.

Stranraer's second was also an excellent finish.

I saw from the BBC stats we did have considerably more fouls but I doubt we were as "dirty" as some fans are suggesting.

We have some difficult games coming up, so good to at least get a point from this one.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Ffs old friend you've fairly started early this year!!!

Hi Ammo we all respect tough hard players part and parcel of the game. You know the game and there is a few thugs who go beyond toughness and are quite happy to take someone out of the game, they always get stick from opposition  fans. Money is tight in our league and to lose two key player in first match a blow. That’s my grouse over ,looking forward to season in what will be a very competitive league, fighting for survival every point a prisoner. Hope the Diamonds do well except when playing Stranraer lol.

Edited by thomas 62
Spelling

Not for the want of trying though, that baldy headed whining centre you have , kept tripping over his own feet, moans at ref the whole game, a big fairy.
Tell us something that we don't know. Ross Campbell is Marmite to the majority of Montrose fans too. Glad to see he managed to rattle your cage though.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Two evenly matched teams having a right go at each other and both trying to win the game.

I like Montrose and think you guys have an excellent manager. Thought you were physical yesterday but not overly dirty unlike some other opinions. Physical strength and tough tackling is part of the game as are injuries and we were a bit unfortunate yesterday. Only the tackle on Mark Stewart was perhaps a bit rough but I though the booking was correct as were the other three dished out by the ref.

Some good stuff from Stranraer particularly in the first half and if we could have managed a second goal it could have been different. When Montrose had their best spell and cashed in with their goals we showed great character to fight back and make sure we got something from the game which we deserved.

I see the ref getting pelters. I disagree as I thought he had a very good game. Got all 4 bookings correct. Kept the game flowing and tried to play advantage where possible including a great advantage in the move leading to our first goal. Got the big decisions correct and nothing contentious for me and he didn’t get conned by any of the handball and penalty claiming going on either from both sides. I hate it when they get over fussy and throw cards around and I liked his common sense approach yesterday.

Not often I come away from Stair Park disliking the opposition but I did today , one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen in a while , with a decent referee one or more Montrose players would have walked , right through the team they were obviously told to disrupt by fouling , complaining and if a Stranraer player comes near you in the box Dive Dive Dive , poor show indeed .
as for Stranraer I thought we played well and without the forced substitutions I feel we would have collected all 3 points , our two goals were superb with some great passing and movement, Montrose did have a fair share of possession without causing us many problems and only a mix up in the Stranraer defence allowed them the equaliser.
Thompson was the man of the match for me , very very impressed but no failures in the team and lots of positives from the game . 
Dive Dive Dive...lol

4 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Two evenly matched teams having a right go at each other and both trying to win the game.

I like Montrose and think you guys have an excellent manager. Thought you were physical yesterday but not overly dirty unlike some other opinions. Physical strength and tough tackling is part of the game as are injuries and we were a bit unfortunate yesterday. Only the tackle on Mark Stewart was perhaps a bit rough but I though the booking was correct as were the other three dished out by the ref.

Some good stuff from Stranraer particularly in the first half and if we could have managed a second goal it could have been different. When Montrose had their best spell and cashed in with their goals we showed great character to fight back and make sure we got something from the game which we deserved.

I see the ref getting pelters. I disagree as I thought he had a very good game. Got all 4 bookings correct. Kept the game flowing and tried to play advantage where possible including a great advantage in the move leading to our first goal. Got the big decisions correct and nothing contentious for me and he didn’t get conned by any of the handball and penalty claiming going on either from both sides. I hate it when they get over fussy and throw cards around and I liked his common sense approach yesterday.

You are the kind of fan that I get a good crack with.

There are some teams that come to the Mo and the fans are usually good crack, to name a few, Peterhead, Raith, Stranraer, Brechin City, Airdrie and East Fife.

Cant say we have that with Arbroath because we’re still segregated, they did try tearing down these walls one year but ended up in carnage.

One of the last times we played Clyde it was like a scene out of Braveheart, but that’s when Barry Ferguson was in charge, and some of the Mo young team voiced their opinion that he is a jaickie 🙂

39 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

You are the kind of fan that I get a good crack with.

There are some teams that come to the Mo and the fans are usually good crack, to name a few, Peterhead, Raith, Stranraer, Brechin City, Airdrie and East Fife.

Cant say we have that with Arbroath because we’re still segregated, they did try tearing down these walls one year but ended up in carnage.

One of the last times we played Clyde it was like a scene out of Braveheart, but that’s when Barry Ferguson was in charge, and some of the Mo young team voiced their opinion that he is a jaickie 🙂

I agree with most above except tackle on Stewart from where I was sitting there was more intent than a bit rough, was a game changer. These guys are part time who also work to support their families. Injuries do happen in football but you can’t sugar coat a tackle like that.

2 hours ago, mo83 said:
12 hours ago, kvz2000 said:
Not often I come away from Stair Park disliking the opposition but I did today , one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen in a while , with a decent referee one or more Montrose players would have walked , right through the team they were obviously told to disrupt by fouling , complaining and if a Stranraer player comes near you in the box Dive Dive Dive , poor show indeed .
as for Stranraer I thought we played well and without the forced substitutions I feel we would have collected all 3 points , our two goals were superb with some great passing and movement, Montrose did have a fair share of possession without causing us many problems and only a mix up in the Stranraer defence allowed them the equaliser.
Thompson was the man of the match for me , very very impressed but no failures in the team and lots of positives from the game . 

Dive Dive Dive...lol

Ha ha did you see your embarrassing big blonde striker in the highlights , thought there was a tackle coming in and he tried a Fosbury Flop , comedy special and that was one of many , I recall two of your players throwing themselves down in the box at the same time ....and your left back made a tit of himself too , screaming like a child after a tackle but then realised he was off the pitch and no one was interested so he thought about crawling back on .... he had the crowd in stitches so very quickly gave up and sprinted up the pitch , 

Ha ha did you see your embarrassing big blonde striker in the highlights , thought there was a tackle coming in and he tried a Fosbury Flop , comedy special and that was one of many , I recall two of your players throwing themselves down in the box at the same time ....and your left back made a tit of himself too , screaming like a child after a tackle but then realised he was off the pitch and no one was interested so he thought about crawling back on .... he had the crowd in stitches so very quickly gave up and sprinted up the pitch , 
Brilliant story keep up the good work![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

10 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Onwards and upwards then.

There are no clubs in our league entitled to victory.

4 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Onwards and upwards then.

There are no clubs in our league entitled to victory.

Yep time to move on. Just a bit peeved at losing two key players in our first league game.with a small tight squad as it is. But swings and roundabouts.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, mo83 said:
29 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:
Totally irrelevant, glad you got humped yesterday 

Still seething I see.....Pleasing

Yip , your teams attitude and tactics at stair park is as poor as I’ve seen and resulted in us losing a couple of players for two game , losing both so I’ll keep an eye on your season and see how trying to kick your way up league works out for you ......

9 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

the Toon’s  fans think we're a bunch of hammer throwers, Falkirk fans think we're time wasting cheats. This is fucking brilliant. It's like we're Dirty Leeds or the Wimbledon Crazy Gang. I love that the Rosie’s are the pantomime villains of the league. 

Fixed that for you , Rosie lad