Stranraer V Montrose

Starting a thread just to remind everyone that we are in this league.
An awkward one for us in what will be a difficult start to the season. Pre-season has been a mixed bag. An excellent win against St. Johnstone followed by a collapse against Forfar then a frustrating draw against Brechin.
Stranny will be one of our fellow underdogs this season so a win tomorrow would be a magnifcent start to the season and a draw not to be sniffed at.
I'll go for a battling 1-1 draw.
Good luck to the Mighty Mo for the coming campaign. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

For those who are underestimating Stranraer and tipping us for the drop I’d say we have a better squad than last year, much more resilient.

I’d definitely agree. You won’t be anywhere near the relegation dog fight this season. Hilton, Thomson, Elliott, Cummins etc all impressed last week, and the resignings of Robertson and Gallagher will be a big positive 

Unfortunately my wife wasnt persuaded to wait for the 7.30pm sailing from Cairnryan to Belfast so that I could attend the game and am currently on the ferry to Belfast. Selfish cow!! Anyway, this will be a tough game and a tough season and I would take a draw at present. 

On 02/08/2019 at 10:15, PortyMo said:

Starting a thread just to remind everyone that we are in this league.
An awkward one for us in what will be a difficult start to the season. Pre-season has been a mixed bag. An excellent win against St. Johnstone followed by a collapse against Forfar then a frustrating draw against Brechin.
Stranny will be one of our fellow underdogs this season so a win tomorrow would be a magnifcent start to the season and a draw not to be sniffed at.
I'll go for a battling 1-1 draw.
Good luck to the Mighty Mo for the coming campaign. 

Who the Eff and Jeff are “Stranny” , is that what you lads from “Monty” think 

man : mannie

wife : wifie

bridge : briggie

dog : doggie

roll : rowie

postal worker : postie

electrician : sparkie

Stranraer : Strannie

Yes, you are absolutely right, it should if course end with the suffix "-ie" not "-y". Well pointed out and I can only apologise on behalf of the original poster. Sorry about that.

downloadfile-5.jpg

Edited by Brummo
The full Monty

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

man : mannie

wife : wifie

bridge : briggie

dog : doggie

roll : rowie

postal worker : postie

electrician : sparkie

Stranraer : Strannie

Yes, you are absolutely right, it should if course end with the suffix "-ie" not "-y". Well pointed out and I can only apologise on behalf of the original poster. Sorry about that.

downloadfile-5.jpg

Fail , but I’m ok with you digging of the deeper hole you lads from Montie , are just a barrelie of laffies

Arbroathie , forfarie , brechinie, aberdeenie, laurencekirkie , , nah none of it works

still another hour and the real stuff begins , and we can put this badinage behind us 

Edited by bishopburn boy

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Happy enough with the draw,pity we couldn't hold onto the lead a bit longer when 2-1 up but never mind a point on the board.

Our already small squad depleted by two, due to your Montrose Hammer throwers,your no.5 should have walked. You definitely will struggle mid season with suspensions playing like that. Still your multiple penalty awards always pull you lot through, experts at it. Summary Hammer Throwers and weak referee.

Our already small squad depleted by two, due to your Montrose Hammer throwers,your no.5 should have walked. You definitely will struggle mid season with suspensions playing like that. Still your multiple penalty awards always pull you lot through, experts at it. Summary Hammer Throwers and weak referee.
Hi Thomas you seem a tad upset?Thanks for your input now f**k off and cry somewhere else thanks ,this is for big boys.....Bye

First visit to Stair Park (and still not home yet, cheers Scotfail) - decent ground and always like being within earshot of the keeper, ho ho....

Happy with a point given we barely did anything up front for the first hour and a bit (missed the first 10 minutes mind you). Soon as we threw Lyons/McLean on we looked far better. Stranraer showed lots of resolve and some flair on the counter, only a lack of composure stopped them being 2 or 3 up. Five minutes of madness with three goals as both sides (uncharacteristically) lost their discipline for a bit and the game opened up. A physical contest, as I'd expect, but didn't think it was overly malicious TBH. 

I must have missed the penalties that we got awarded yesterday. I will await the highlights to remind me of them...

Not often I come away from Stair Park disliking the opposition but I did today , one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen in a while , with a decent referee one or more Montrose players would have walked , right through the team they were obviously told to disrupt by fouling , complaining and if a Stranraer player comes near you in the box Dive Dive Dive , poor show indeed .

as for Stranraer I thought we played well and without the forced substitutions I feel we would have collected all 3 points , our two goals were superb with some great passing and movement, Montrose did have a fair share of possession without causing us many problems and only a mix up in the Stranraer defence allowed them the equaliser.

Thompson was the man of the match for me , very very impressed but no failures in the team and lots of positives from the game . 

Aye the enforced changes really hampered us. Took a while to adjust but credit to the team we equalised quickly. I feel if Stewart hadn't got injured from that bad tackle then we might have been further ahead at half-time. Still last season we would have lost that game. Robertson and Elliot should be back next week with Gallagher, Stewart and Allan out.

2 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:
12 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

I must have missed the penalties that we got awarded yesterday. I will await the highlights to remind me of them...

11 hours ago, mo83 said:
12 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

Hi Thomas you seem a tad upset?Thanks for your input now f**k off and cry somewhere else thanks ,this is for big boys.....Bye

Football is a physical game, but their is a difference between hard defenders and dirty defenders. Yesterday that was a game changer. Our two front men who were causing your slow defenders problems were both hacked down , one will be out for at least 4 weeks , that’s not what football is about.