New Rules

XXX

38 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Should they still be required to come on at halfway line 

If you're talking about injured players who have been treated, there is no requirement in law for them to enter at the halfway line.

Only one player hasn't left via the invisible gats at halfway in Clydebanks games. Vale of Clyde were losing and his couch told him to go straight off. The test will be for referees imposing it on winning teams trying to time waste

Only one player hasn't left via the invisible gats at halfway in Clydebanks games. Vale of Clyde were losing and his couch told him to go straight off. The test will be for referees imposing it on winning teams trying to time waste

Dow last night blatantly did this. On the far side, midway inside his own half near the ref, turns to walk to dugout, ref. Stopped him and pointed towards the touchline, Dow then jogs past him with the ref trying to shout him back so until in the center circle, it’s now just easier for the ref to let him continue towards the dugout.(with the slow walk now started). I can see that becoming fairly common over the next few weeks. I guess refs could book players and or not allow the sub to take place(player moved away from touchline, therefore ref could say the weren’t leaving the pitch) but I doubt either will happen.

The time wasting will be down slightly but not hugely, we’ll just see guys about to be subbed move nearer the Center circle than the far corner, maybe taking 10-15 yards off the slow walk.

Your point about the about the losing player leaving close by could be an interesting unintended consequence of this new rule. Rather than reducing timewasting by winning sides we might see losing sides make ‘quick subs’ that don’t distrupt the game.

On 02/08/2019 at 17:48, Nowhereman said:

Anyone seen a sub going off at the nearest point yet? All substitutions I've seen so far in friendlies and league cup (senior) have been at the halfway line as usual

Cumnock player got a yellow for not leaving the pitch at the nearest point yesterday.  Not one of the refferees greatest games i hope... let a good few overly eager challenges go, then gives out a yellow for that...

Cumnock player got a yellow for not leaving the pitch at the nearest point yesterday.  Not one of the refferees greatest games i hope... let a good few overly eager challenges go, then gives out a yellow for that...
Correct decision as per the changes in the laws.
Unsure about the challenges as not witnessed.

1 hour ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Correct decision as per the changes in the laws.
Unsure about the challenges as not witnessed.

This rule has NOT been introduced to the Juniors asfar as I am aware 

There is a worry about asking players to go off at certain parts of certain grounds and if it is safe 

I find that when "newrules" refs are bursting thier balls to impliment them

This rule has NOT been introduced to the Juniors asfar as I am aware 
There is a worry about asking players to go off at certain parts of certain grounds and if it is safe 
I find that when "newrules" refs are bursting thier balls to impliment them
It has been introduced to football worldwide as far as I am aware.

Peter 
I was told this by a referee so there ix defo confusion - although you can have variances in different grades - VAR for example 
VAR only applies the rules as they are set, it is exactly what it says, a video assistant referee. If no VAR is available, the same rules apply.

It can be agreed before tha match that it is not o be implemented for safety reasons.
Will use a senior example so not to offend any junior clubs.
Can you imagine scott brown going off at the far side of ibrox or morelos going off at the far side at celtic park??
Potential for idiots to cause hassle.

Rule does apply and was included at meeting between West Clubs and Referees Dept where Cumnock was represented.

It is a change to previous regulation and the rush to penalise someone because the rule has changed, doesn’t surprise me .

No time to get used to it , no discretion , before booking someone for this.
People moan about the difference between football and other sports, particularly rugby
In Rugby the referee would have told the player to please leave the field by the nearest exit point and if he/ she doesn’t do so, then book them

You hear it all the time in Rugby, where the ref tells players they are infringing and, in most cases , how they are infringing the rules.

Treat the players with contempt and you will get them doing what happens- trying to dodge the system rather than going with the flow