Elgin City vs Cowdenbeath

Elgin City fans are very, very angry people who have a poor grasp of the English language - most of what was foaming out of their mouths was incoherent drivel.

No complaints about the result, the better team won comfortably. Herd's was a red card all day long with Barr and Buchanan lucky to stay on the pitch as well. Referee was poor for both sides today - never heard of him before so I'm guessing he's some new jobber.

We need to stop playing the ball long and high to Renton, the tactic doesn't work. It's even less effective when we play the ball long and high to Cox.

3rd try for a report given p&b crashing so a shortened version. Pretty comfortable win in the end.

Reasonably close 1st half where both teams should have had a penalty and a pretty poor attempted save from the Cowdenbeath keeper led to us going in 1-0 at half time.

Second half Cowden just didn’t get going and the game was over before the hour mark especially after the ridiculous challenge that got Herd a straight red.

Given we were missing 3/4 guaranteed starters I’m pretty happy with the overall performance. Not sure Cowdenbeath started with their best 11 either but they’ll have to improve significantly on that performance to trouble the top half of the table.

Dingwall MOTM was well deserved but I thought it could have gone to several players today - that didn’t happen many times last season!

Going to be another long season for us. Confused to why allan doesn’t start he’s easily our best technical player, thomas on the bench was he injured? because he was one of the stand outs in pre season. We never threatened all game strong penalty shout for the handball I was at the other end so my view wasn’t the best. Hopefully swann is match fit soon because valentine is woeful. Rubbish game but a smashing sassuage roll at half time was the highlight for me.

9 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Time to punt Renton waste of a shirt stop hoof ball easily missed Mullen  as for Buchanan just runs about like a headless chicken sorry to be so blunt but love the beath !¡!!!!!!!!!

It's not Renton's fault that he isn't getting any service.

Bad bad day up at Elgin but its one game guys. I think Bollan got his team wrong but players maybe carrying knocks etc.. e.g Thomas.

Bollan must revert to a 3-5-2 and play Allan every game its a joke he is not playing.

we are light in numbers in the squad. 1-2 loan signings would help - a right sided player or another central half required.

Whats the deal with connelly - would the club be willing to let him out on loan. I know a club who would take him for a season - CC get in touch....lol

1 hour ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Then surely Bollan can see this !!!!! But still insists playing same system ?????!!!!!!!!

Bollan can tell the players what he wants them to do but when they get on the park, he can't control them lumping the ball forward. 

Are they panicking? Do the defenders not trust the midfield and so bypass them? 

41 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Bollan can tell the players what he wants them to do but when they get on the park, he can't control them lumping the ball forward. 

Those were my thoughts panic not sure about trusting midfield or not for me lack of movement/options and at times quality, as others of mentioned  better when we play a 5 seem to create more .

44 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Wasn't there so cant comment specifically but Todd and Pyper have very little football about them so surely we cant be expecting them to do much more than lump it. Sounds like Feb the 14th is pretty poor as well.