Elgin City vs Cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

After what happened to one of Cowden's best ever players in a game against Elgin some years ago (that was already won) I don't think you should be complaining to an "over zealous " approach (you obviously missed the tackle on Renton too)

Having said that, Cox gets involved in too many incidents. Should he be the captain?

You're sounding a bit like a  Sevco supporter on about Simpson's tackle on Durrant.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Can't speak about the past, but Elgin posters are correct. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. Cox plays on the edge, but he was well over it on Saturday, and Buchanan was just as bad. We could have had no complaints if both had been sent off . It is also entirely counterproductive ,alas it simply fees up the opposition players and fans.Our  disciplinary record is shocking, and needs to be addressed. We have been heavily fined the last two seasons and are heading for an even bigger one this season.If we had concentrated on our football we might not have lost 3-0

Kyle Miller has been known to speak very poorly to officials as well and pick up stupid bookings for dissent.

3 hours ago, Spaceface said:

Can't really criticise the team's discipline when the management team is setting such a standard. Cowdenbeath's board were very quiet...

I doubt (hope) that they weren't too happy with things. And that after the team had stayed the night before in a hotel in Elgin.

Were you expecting the board to be going mental too?  

The team bus left Cowdenbeath at 8am on the morning of the match so God knows what made you think the team stayed at a hotel. The team had a lunch at the Laichmoray Hotel though.

I do agree though to an extent that we need to watch the aggression.  I'm all for winding up the opposition but some it was just daft on Saturday - Cox got a booking for basically trying to take a guy out but actually missed him completely.  Why dive in? 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not really. Or is no one allowed to mention Elgin's agricultural tackles. I guess you went for a pie when Renton was scythed.

Watched the whole game, don't recall a scything (nice agricultural reference btw), but 2 City players booked during the game. This topic is about the game played on Sat, but you make reference to a tackle several years ago, which I may or may not have been at. That is all.

If Cox had connected with that tackle, O’keefe would have landed in the swimming pool, the speed he was going and Cox would have been straight up the tunnel. I like Cox though and have said it before, I would have him in the centre of my midfield. He plays on the edge but to his and teams detriment he sometimes goes over the edge. 

Cowdenbeath were up to Elgin early and had Brunch in the Laich.

Cowdenbeath are physical but I’ve seen a lot worse at BB and just think they were trying to exploit Elgin’s perceived lack of physicality, which is fair enough.

35 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

If Cox had connected with that tackle, O’keefe would have landed in the swimming pool, the speed he was going and Cox would have been straight up the tunnel. I like Cox though and have said it before, I would have him in the centre of my midfield. He plays on the edge but to his and teams detriment he sometimes goes over the edge. 

Cowdenbeath are physical but I’ve seen a lot worse at BB and just think they were trying to exploit Elgin’s perceived lack of physicality, which is fair enough.

Cox is the sort of guy you like in your ream but hate if he is an opponent:lol:

Elgin have often struggled against teams who are physical so can’t blame teams for coming to BB with that mentality. A few instances on Saturday crossed the physical/stupidity line but we’ve seen a lot worse in my opinion. Cox is a good player when he concentrates on football but he lost it a bit on Saturday and seemed to spend the last part of the game desperately trying to get involved in a melee. There are a few Elgin fans who will shout abuse at the home/away team, ref and supporters however the game is going - not sure what they get out of attending the matches!

Heard Cox stayed in Elgin all week to prepare for the match and spent the week tackling shoppers on the high street as part of the preparation. Vile if you ask me. The board should be embarrassed by their silence. 

Time for everyone to move on. 

Were you expecting the board to be going mental too?  
The team bus left Cowdenbeath at 8am on the morning of the match so God knows what made you think the team stayed at a hotel. The team had a lunch at the Laichmoray Hotel though.

No, which was the point. They looked a bit embarrassed by it all.
Apologies for the one inaccuracy in my post. Informant obviously had gotten the wrong end of the stick...
Ah well, here's to next Saturday.

3 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

this

12 hours ago, Spaceface said:

No, which was the point. They looked a bit embarrassed by it all.

I was sitting with the directors and it's fair to say that after an hour I was looking worse than just a bit embarrassed :lol: