Elgin City vs Cowdenbeath

48 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Wasn't there so cant comment specifically but Todd and Pyper have very little football about them so surely we cant be expecting them to do much more than lump it. Sounds like Feb the 14th is pretty poor as well.

Twice in the first half Valentine got the ball in a good attacking position and hit awful crosses.  I try not to slate players based on 1 game but I didn't see any qualities to his game.  Poor first touch, slow to decide what to do, positionally poor and weak.

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Wasn't there so cant comment specifically but Todd and Pyper have very little football about them so surely we cant be expecting them to do much more than lump it. 

They should be able to play a simple pass to a midfielder 10 yards in front of them though. Miller is always dropping deep to receive a pass. 

Todd likes taking the ball out of defence but doesn't really have the ability to do so and ends up with a nosebleed. 

23 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

It's not Renton's fault that he isn't getting any service.

It would be nice to see him actually play as a striker and see what he can do. I think he has been playing for too long pointlessly heading on hoof-balls that he doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball to his feet up front and he must be lacking in confidence. Renton seems like a really nice guy and I feel sorry for him. I don't like criticising any players, especially part time players, because it is tough doing what they do. If we don't change the way we attack in games, I can see Renton fading out the game.

If we don't change the style now, we are rightly favourites for the bottom spot. When we are heading for a loss, I don't understand why Bollan doesn't keep all the attacking players on and take a risk.

It would be nice to see him actually play as a striker and see what he can do. I think he has been playing for too long pointlessly heading on hoof-balls that he doesn't know what to do when he gets the ball to his feet up front and he must be lacking in confidence. Renton seems like a really nice guy and I feel sorry for him. I don't like criticising any players, especially part time players, because it is tough doing what they do. If we don't change the way we attack in games, I can see Renton fading out the game.
If we don't change the style now, we are rightly favourites for the bottom spot. When we are heading for a loss, I don't understand why Bollan doesn't keep all the attacking players on and take a risk.

Because you lose by more that's almost invariably what then happens and it impacts on morale and goal difference plus you get more stick from fans.

10 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Because you lose by more that's almost invariably what then happens and it impacts on morale and goal difference plus you get more stick from fans.

Fans should not be giving stick if you show positivity and go for it in games, especially when losing anyway.

If they do, should just be ignored.

29 minutes ago, PELE said:

I can assure you Renton knows what to do with ball to feet it's where he made his name and got his initial break in football. There is no-one more fed up getting aimless high balls with no-one to know on to that him. We adopted the same approach against Stenny last week but in stead Renton we tried it with Allan and were equally inept. He is a player who is extremely self critical  and as @big al says needs a bit of backing & encouragement.

One of the few players to leave in recent seasons to a team in league above and win a further promotion.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I would rather we take the risk and try to attack more. We may get well beat, but as long as we try something different, I wouldn't complain. What is more demoralising is when we stick with the same failing tactics and lose anyway without offering any real threat or even having a single shot on goal.

17 minutes ago, PELE said:

I would rather we take the risk and try to attack more. We may get well beat, but as long as we try something different, I wouldn't complain. What is more demoralising is when we stick with the same failing tactics and lose anyway without offering any real threat or even having a single shot on goal.

Cove had 24 shots, 11 on target against Edinburgh City, says it all.

They will destroy us.

Most fans would complain - that you are as well having a go and losing by five goals when you are already 2-0 down is what folk say. But they don't really mean it in my experience and start shouting about being humiliated, unacceptable, etc!

18 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Sounds like Nelly on the pool table...

nah defo me at footy now pal. On the pool table im a machine. YOU KEN...

Ally. my last money game I won pal... I just put the money up myself lol. sorry pal.

Elgin City fans are very, very angry people who have a poor grasp of the English language - most of what was foaming out of their mouths was incoherent drivel.

No complaints about the result, the better team won comfortably. Herd's was a red card all day long with Barr and Buchanan lucky to stay on the pitch as well. Referee was poor for both sides today - never heard of him before so I'm guessing he's some new jobber.

We need to stop playing the ball long and high to Renton, the tactic doesn't work. It's even less effective when we play the ball long and high to Cox.
Guess the anger may have been in response to Cowdenbeath's 'over zealous' approach. A day on which the team that played football won over some fairly primitive overly physical tactics.
And that management team, talk about very, very angry people... 🤪
Their performance outshone their team's. Spark was fouled twice then goes down after Cox squeezes his genitals and Flaherty runs along the touchline spouting "F*ck off Spark ya f*ckin' fanny, ma cat's harder than you ya f*ckin' fanny..." etc etc.
Pretty much set the standard for the game.
Yeah, the families in the stand really enjoyed the visit of the Blue Brazil.
Bollan and his henchmen wait for the officials at the tunnel at half time and there's a stramash for around 5 mins. Bollan get's yellow carded at the start of the 2nd half.
Can't really criticise the team's discipline when the management team is setting such a standard. Cowdenbeath's board were very quiet...
I doubt (hope) that they weren't too happy with things. And that after the team had stayed the night before in a hotel in Elgin.

5 minutes ago, Spaceface said:

What a comment. Are the families in the stand happy with your club captain? *insert wont somebody think of the children meme*.

I do agree that the touchline sometimes don't help the side with their approach though.

15 minutes ago, Spaceface said:

Guess the anger may have been in response to Cowdenbeath's 'over zealous' approach. A day on which the team that played football won over some fairly primitive overly physical tactics.
Their performance outshone their team's. Spark was fouled twice then goes down after Cox squeezes his genitals and Flaherty runs along the touchline spouting "F*ck off Spark ya f*ckin' fanny, ma cat's harder than you ya f*ckin' fanny..." etc etc.
Bollan and his henchmen wait for the officials at the tunnel at half time and there's a stramash for around 5 mins. Bollan get's yellow carded at the start of the 2nd half.
Can't really criticise the team's discipline when the management team is setting such a standard. Cowdenbeath's board were very quiet...
I doubt (hope) that they weren't too happy with things. And that after the team had stayed the night before in a hotel in Elgin.

And breathe out.

48 minutes ago, Spaceface said:

After what happened to one of Cowden's best ever players in a game against Elgin some years ago (that was already won) I don't think you should be complaining to an "over zealous " approach (you obviously missed the tackle on Renton too)

Having said that, Cox gets involved in too many incidents. Should he be the captain?

I don't know then why they all came down to Dunfermline and Perth on Saturday morning to get the bus to Elgin if they had stayed in Elgin overnight!

Can't speak about the past, but Elgin posters are correct. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. Cox plays on the edge, but he was well over it on Saturday, and Buchanan was just as bad. We could have had no complaints if both had been sent off . It is also entirely counterproductive ,alas it simply fees up the opposition players and fans.Our  disciplinary record is shocking, and needs to be addressed. We have been heavily fined the last two seasons and are heading for an even bigger one this season.If we had concentrated on our football we might not have lost 3-0