Talbot/Kello v Whitletts/Troon

Game 2

Arthurlie/Renfrew v Beith/Largs

Game 3

Pollok/Clydebank v Kilsyth/K. Rob Roy

Game 4

Lanark/Shotts B.A. v Cambuslang/Glencairn

Edited by Kennie

Arthurlie v Renfrew league Saturday 10th then Arthurlie v Renfrew 12th you need sacking for not seeing this coming My Young..... pray for us programme editors, this will be a challenge! haha

Fantastic work once again getting the updates out so quickly!

8 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Arthurlie v Renfrew league Saturday 10th then Arthurlie v Renfrew 12th you need sacking for not seeing this coming My Young..... pray for us programme editors, this will be a challenge! haha

My letter of resignation will be in the post.

But in my defence - Arthurlie winning their group?

8 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Couldn't make it up,

we don't get a Lie/Frew derby for over 10 years then 2 in 3 days!

If you want to avoid two progs we could always play it under lights at NWP?!😀

Edited by Frew Fan 2001
additional text

I would just do a programme for the Saturday and let supporters know the obvious reason why as can't add much for Monday game and the better crowd would be on the Saturday. Have a preview of Monday game in the Saturday programme....?

6 hours ago, Kennie said:

My letter of resignation will be in the post.

But in my defence - Arthurlie winning their group?

Quite right too! and as for us winning our group we qualify every year if you miss out the last five haha

1 hour ago, Shannon said:
15 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I would just do a programme for the Saturday and let supporters know the obvious reason why as can't add much for Monday game and the better crowd would be on the Saturday. Have a preview of Monday game in the Saturday programme....?

Totally get that but will probably do one for both out of pure stubbornness and so I have something else to moan about! ;)

This schedule is horrendous. Not a great reward for teams making progress to play so many fixtures in such a short period. I wish we'd drawn and then won on penalties on Wednesday. We wouldn't have gone through.

This schedule is horrendous. Not a great reward for teams making progress to play so many fixtures in such a short period. I wish we'd drawn and then won on penalties on Wednesday. We wouldn't have gone through.
Spare a thought for the winner of Cambuslang Rangers v Rutherglen Glencairn on Monday 12th, who will then have to get to either Lanark or Shotts for a 6.45pm kick off two days later.

29 minutes ago, glensmad said:
7 hours ago, bc57 said:

Spare a thought for the winner of Cambuslang Rangers v Rutherglen Glencairn on Monday 12th, who will then have to get to either Lanark or Shotts for a 6.45pm kick off two days later.

That is indeed another factor which will affect both teams, given that the vast majority don't live or work locally.  

Having to cram all these fixtures in is a disincentive to participation.

Revised Draw

Monday 12th August

Sectional League Cup

Group winners

8 Games 6:45PM

Game A) Whitletts v Troon

Game B) Talbot v Kello

Game C) Beith v Largs

Game D) Arthurlie v Renfrew

Game E) Pollok v Clydebank

Game F) Kilsyth v K. Rob Roy

Game G) Cambuslang v Glencairn

Game H) Lanark v Shotts B.A.

Wednesday 14th August

Sectional League Cup

6:45 PM

Quarter -Finals

Game 1

Talbot/Kello v Whitletts/Troon

Game 2

Arthurlie/Renfrew v Beith/Largs

Game 3

Pollok/Clydebank v Kilsyth/K. Rob Roy

Game 4

Lanark/Shotts B.A. v Cambuslang/Glencairn

Whitletts v Troon has been changed to Portland Park due to the unavailability of Dam Park

There appears to be no sponsor for this cup , little wonder when you see the current crammed format . Far better to play the Quarter finals and Semi finals on a Saturday and give the tournament a bit of credibility . The way it is just now it is like the Wimbledon tennis tournament where you play one day have a day of and then play the next . Be lots of clubs happy to see rivals in their respective leagues playing sat mon wed while they have a full weeks rest with a couple of leisurely training sessions . Like bc 57 says a disincentive to qualifying . Have the powers that be decided when the semi finals will be played ?

There appears to be no sponsor for this cup , little wonder when you see the current crammed format . Far better to play the Quarter finals and Semi finals on a Saturday and give the tournament a bit of credibility . The way it is just now it is like the Wimbledon tennis tournament where you play one day have a day of and then play the next . Be lots of clubs happy to see rivals in their respective leagues playing sat mon wed while they have a full weeks rest with a couple of leisurely training sessions . Like bc 57 says a disincentive to qualifying . Have the powers that be decided when the semi finals will be played ?
28th August