SJFA West League 2 Season 19/20

kevinmuirhead

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:56, GNU_Linux said:

Newmains vs Forth on Wednesday 21st has been switched to Forth. Presumeably related to the asbestos issue at Victoria Park

Newmains v Forth on Saturday (11th Oct) will be played at Forth. Counts as a Newmains home match, rather than a fixture switch, since Forth v Newmains was already played on 21st Aug. 

Sat 12th Oct : Newmains United v Forth Wanderers scheduled to be at Forth was weather PPd.

Sat 19th Oct : Newmains United v Vale Of Leven has been replaced by Vale Of Leven v Newmains United.

Hope you guys are seeing a solution to the issue at Victoria Park. All the very best to you - it can't be easy having to be playing Aways all the time.

• 2 months later...

Noticed there wasn’t a topic set up for this league yet. Looks like a very exciting one this year with team who all took points of each other last season competing.
Best of luck to everyone involved.

Fingers crossed Ashfield game will be on Sat 28th Dec. Itching to get back on track after too many cancelled games.

See Ashfield won again today. Can any fans tell me if Luke Crerand has been playing, and, if yes, how he has been doing?

Luke has played the last 2 games - looks a player. Park has been heavy and hard going - expect to see the very best of him on the better surfaces.

Agree with above it will be Muirkirk and Burgh head to heads and results against Ashfield, Maybole and Thorniewood will go a long way to which one of them wins it. 

Third place could be anyone from Yoker, Ashfield, Vale of Leven, Forth, Thorniewood maybe a bit late for Maybole who have been excellent after a poor start. 

I think Ashfield will have a fixture pile up at end of season and it could take it's toll on squad ......something like 7 games behind league leaders 

I am sure there will be other clubs as well in this position but I think Ashfield have the most games  to catch up 

Good day for Yoker today with Muirkirk and Leven both losing.  Big game next week away to Johnstone if it goes ahead. I am assuming the drainage at the ground is an issue with the amount of games they've got piling up. Going to be a bit ask for them to turn all these into 3 pts. Hoping  Yoker can get promotion at first time of asking. Whether it's as champions or top 3 is another matter as our away from is inconsistent at best.

Shaping up to be a really competitive run in till the end of the season. Looks like half dozen teams in with a chance of promotion . Let’s hope we get a run of games and beat the weather. Ashfield with 6 or 7 games postponed but hitting a run of form and scoring a lot of goals. First year watching juniors and wish I had done it sooner. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Ardeer Thistle 2-4 Annbank United
Forth Wanderers 2-0 Saltcoats Victoria
Johnstone Burgh 4-1 Yoker Athletic
Newmains United 1-2 Thorniewood United
St Anthony's 0-6 Ashfield
Vale Of Clyde 5-1 Vale Of Leven
Muirkirk 4-1 Lugar Boswell Thistle

Took in the Ardeer vs Annbank game as I was in the area. Annbank deserved the win as they were the better team but could've made the scoreline much more emphatic had they not squandered several chances at goal. Annbank's number 10  'Cammy' was a stand out and looks a tidy player going forward. Best of luck to both teams for the rest of the season.