SJFA West League 2 Season 19/20

kevinmuirhead

Guest svejk

Looking forward to another season, catching up with old friends, making some new ones and having a drink or two along the way, win, lose or draw. One new ground to visit (Lugar a week tomorrow) and undoubtedly a lot of tough matches to come.
Will the relegated teams bounce straight back up? Will the teams who just missed out last year go one better? Will an unheralded team get in the mix?
At this stage, who can tell?
Best wishes to all clubs in the division, my one hope for the Wanderers is that we don't use 57 players this year [emoji23]
'Mon the League 2 [emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

Newmains v Ardeer on Saturday (31st August) has been moved to Bothwellhaugh - the 3G new home to LFL+SoSFL Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport).

Presumably due to the asbestos issue again.

Anybody got a feeling for how long is going to be needed to sort it out sufficiently for Victoria Park to be back in use? Or more Home games beyond Saturday's that'll need to be relocated, and if so to where? - next up is Saturday Sept 14th. Caledonian Braves are home that day so that one couldn't go to Bothwellhaugh. After that is Saturday October 5th - both versions of Caledonian Braves are due Away that day, so maybe their park would be available again if needed. 

Thanks in advance for any updates.

cheers

Phil

Edited by LeedsPhil

Not heard any updates on why their Park is unavailable as theyve not mentioned asbestos at all. But that’s not uncommon they seem to polish a turd every week. A man of the match after a 9-0 defeat etc quite funny actually. Looking at their social media you really need to go and check what division they are in never mind what their results are. I’m all for promoting and bettering clubs but to overhype constantly sets them up for teams wanting to do them over. 

For me it’s time to put up or shut up. Media academy, scouting system, development squad ffs go and win a game.

Once you are in this league  its a hard slog to get out of and  I think any team from below could be in top 3 .Probably come down to who has the best luck with injuries and suspensions.Just a pity Forth have lost their manager and I see Hardie has already went to Peasy with them 

Forth Wanderers F.C.
Vale of Leven F.C.
Johnstone Burgh F.C.
Muirkirk Juniors F.C.
Yoker Athletic F.C.
Thorniewood United F.C.
Ashfield F.C.
Vale of Clyde F.C.
Edited by holsten

Yoker will have another tough week this week against Burgh. I think it could define there season to not win a game against thee promotion rivals would have a big impact. Only thing is the league is so competitive they’ll all take points from each other.

hardie was one of the players mentioned, plays centre mid and is excellent in the ball 

• 4 weeks later...