McBurnie's socks

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
11 hours ago, G51 said:
not all strikers, no
did emile heskey win 62 england caps because of his fantastic goalscoring prowess?

He did score a few times though

he scored seven times. in sixty-two games.

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

How many assists?
Remember King Kenny scored 30 in 102games, not a brilliant ratio but saw him with a lot of assists

i have no idea, but given he had about half the number of assists as he had goals in his career (54 assists compared to 110 goals) and he had zero assists in 21 games for england at major tournaments, it's safe to say it wasn't a lot!

i don't think they recorded assists when dalglish was playing.

point is, judging mcburnie on the basis of how many goals he scores is stupid, because that's not his job! if you want to judge someone on their goal return, judge the guy whos job is actually putting the ball in the back of the net (hint: this isn't always the striker)

2 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

You are just digging an even bigger hole.  

Let pretend that the world is flat and there's some kind of logic behind this shite and look at goals added then.    This idea that although McBurnie plays furthest forward and contributes absolutely nothing that miraculously this allows the team to score goals.  

The McBurnie results.  

Scotland 0 v 1 Costa Rica
Hungary 0 v 1 Scotland 
Peru 2 v 0 Scotland 
Mexico 1 v 0 Scotland 
Israel 2 v 1 Scotland 
Scotland 1 v 3 Portugal 
Kazakhstan 3 v 0 Scotland 
Scotland 1 v 2 Russia 
Cyprus 1 v 2 Scotland 
Scotland 0 v 0 Israel 
Scotland 1 v 0 Slovakia 
Scotland 1 v 0 Czech Rep
Serbia 1 v 1 Scotland 
Slovakia 1 v 0 Scotland 
Israel 1 v 0 Scotland 

Played 15 

Goals scored 9

Goals per game 0.6  

McBurnie goals 0 

Assists 0.  

lyndon dykes doesn't even play furthest forward for scotland, never mind oli mcburnie.

and of those 15 games, mcburnie was actually on the pitch for 731 minutes, which is what, 8 games?

aren't you the guy who told me last week that kemar roofe was shite?

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Erm, what? Dykes is consistently the furthest forward player every time he plays for us.

i should have been clearer - dykes is the nominal "striker" but he doesn't play further forward than the guy beside him.

from serbia. in this game, mcginn pretty much played as far forward as dykes did:

scotland.png

44 minutes ago, G51 said:

i should have been clearer - dykes is the nominal "striker" but he doesn't play further forward than the guy beside him.

from serbia. in this game, mcginn pretty much played as far forward as dykes did:

scotland.png

I knew what you meant, and even in the Serbia game, the most extreme case, Dykes was still the furthest forward player.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I knew what you meant, and even in the Serbia game, the most extreme case, Dykes was still the furthest forward player.

For the two games in October when they played together, Fraser's average position was further forward than Dykes - quite a bit further forward in the Slovakia game.

Scotland 1-0 Czechia: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1457176/MatchReport/International-UEFA-Nations-League-B-2020-2021-Scotland-Czech-Republic

Scotland 1-0 Slovakia: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1457175/MatchReport/International-UEFA-Nations-League-B-2020-2021-Scotland-Slovakia

It's an interesting feature of the change we make with Fraser over Christie.

19 hours ago, G51 said:

not all strikers, no

did emile heskey win 62 england caps because of his fantastic goalscoring prowess?

No

Did he get massive stick from the engerlandshire fans ?

Certainly thinking of the song about the victory over Germany

3 hours ago, G51 said:

lyndon dykes doesn't even play furthest forward for scotland, never mind oli mcburnie.

and of those 15 games, mcburnie was actually on the pitch for 731 minutes, which is what, 8 games?

aren't you the guy who told me last week that kemar roofe was shite?

When the ball is out wide with a chance to swing it in dykes will be the furthest forward.

Looking to get on the end of it and score. Which is not his only job on the pitch. But its certainly the most important one.

Same goes for mcburnie, but he can't do it.

13 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

When the ball is out wide with a chance to swing it in dykes will be the furthest forward.

Looking to get on the end of it and score. Which is not his only job on the pitch. But its certainly the most important one.

Same goes for mcburnie, but he can't do it.

Dykes has scored two goals that way ?!