McBurnie's socks

He has played well for Sheffield United when I've watched him recently - a good hour again tonight. 

I think he would need a midfielder, someone like McGinn, Christie or possibly even Armstrong, to be pushed high almost as a second striker to make him most effective for Scotland and to ensure that he doesn't become isolated. 

Guest DAVIDB69
He has played well for Sheffield United when I've watched him recently - a good hour again tonight. 

I think he would need a midfielder, someone like McGinn, Christie or possibly even Armstrong, to be pushed high almost as a second striker to make him most effective for Scotland and to ensure that he doesn't become isolated. 

That’s exactly what I was saying sheffield midfield is compact but it pushes up and supports him, something the scotland midfield doesn’t do often enough and hadn’t really done in his scotland games

Cap count means absolutely nothing as we hand them out life confetti for Scotland caps

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

That’s exactly what I was saying sheffield midfield is compact but it pushes up and supports him, something the scotland midfield doesn’t do often enough and hadn’t really done in his scotland games

Cap count means absolutely nothing as we hand them out life confetti for Scotland caps

Are you aware that in the past year McGinn was pushed further up beside the striker resulting in him scoring 7 goals in 6 games?

Guest DAVIDB69
Are you aware that in the past year McGinn was pushed further up beside the striker resulting in him scoring 7 goals in 6 games?

Loads of them were against minnows though , although McGinn is best midfielder we have for this

5 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

Totally duff striker scoring and creating goals against the team Gilmour is amazing for getting into.

I'm confused.

6th in the league, 5 points off the Champions League spots and he is the main man up front for them. 

But nah let's play Kevin Nisbet or Mark McNulty!

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

6th in the league, 5 points off the Champions League spots and he is the main man up front for them. 

But nah let's play Kevin Nisbet or Mark McNulty!

Please don’t remind me of the fact that he has two caps. It’s too soon.

He ticks all their hate boxes
Born in England 
Big Rangers man
Socks round the ankles
Hasn't played for Aberdeen or Dundee United

What absolute piffle. Many a Tartan Army favourite was born in England and/or played for Rangers. Plus I know many a Scotland fan that are also season ticket holders at Ibrox.

He never stops working, brings others into play and is great in the air.

......and in his 9 caps this far, how many times has he shown any of these attributes?? He simply hasn’t, which is why the Tartan Army haven’t taken to him. He’s young, he has time on his side and he could yet win the majority of them over, but let’s not make out he has been anything but anonymous in his appearances for us.

More seriously, and I know it gets said, but can't be said enough.

We must stop writing players who have half a duff season adjusting to one of the world's best leagues off, and building up players who have done nothing much of note yet as Tartan Jesus.

We would have written off one of the best defenders in the world by that formula and we've built up some very suspect talent as well. The only guy who I can actually think of in recent histor that really deserved it was Gauld as he was scoring so much at a senior level so young. That's coming from a Dee as well.

Now we have a few to get excited about which is great but let's just enjoy the ride. McBurnie has the potential to become a huge player for us. It's nice.

Edited by The Algebraist

Folk are pounding their pudding cause Burke almost completed a short pass last night, meanwhile McBurnie is the best player on the park against a Champions League outfit.

Selective shite again Marshy. While I am absolutely ripping my cock off about Burke's wee move against Real (a fairly well known Champions' League outfit), I'm also ecstatic to see McBurnie scoring today as well.
In fact I don't see a single post from *anyone* saying "Burke's good, McBurnie's not".
Stop making shit up.

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

All this chat about McBurnie, Sheffield Utd and the bold bit above is exactly why....

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Loads of them were against minnows though , although McGinn is best midfielder we have for this

....I’m surprised John Fleck hasn’t entered the midfield discussion here yet. He’s had a consistently good season, played well supporting McBurnie and chipped in a few goals. A late blossomer, but based on this seasons form I’d say he should probably be ahead of McGinn and Armstrong, albeit he should have cemented his spot about a decade ago. 

Edited by 8MileBU

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

All this chat about McBurnie, Sheffield Utd and the bold bit above is exactly why....

....I’m surprised John Fleck hasn’t entered the midfield discussion here yet. He’s had a consistently good season, played well supporting McBurnie and chipped in a few goals. A late blossomer, but based on this seasons form I’d say he should probably be ahead of McGinn and Armstrong, albeit he should have cemented his spot about a decade ago. 

My Sheffield United supporting mate is mad for him. Rates him as one of their best players. It's great we have choice in this positions and all the players you mention should feature heavily during our next qualifiers. For the play offs I reckon you pick whoever is firing at the time.

3 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

My Sheffield United supporting mate is mad for him. Rates him as one of their best players. It's great we have choice in this positions and all the players you mention should feature heavily during our next qualifiers. For the play offs I reckon you pick whoever is firing at the time.

Fleck is genuinely one of those boys that should’ve been the next big thing but his head was up his arse when he was younger. 

Fleck reminds me of a mix of McGregor and McGinn. The latter due to how he attacks the box and McGregor because of his work a bit deeper, especially the way he moves the ball in wide areas to link with the full/wing-back. I'd consider him ahead of McGregor but it seems that Clarke (or indeed any manager he's had since around 2017) will never drop him.