McBurnie's socks

7 hours ago, the snudge said:

It could be about a night out or anything. People are just looking for an excuse to moan about something. He wouldn't be there if he didn't want to go. 

Of course, he's talking about a night out.

He's been called up for a night out squad, but he really doesn't want to go. Fleck can't be in the night out, cos he's not been called up. Mcburnie asks if he's injured, but hes just not been called up.

So now he thinks it's shit he's going out on the night out on his own. I wonder why he's even going?

But once you get called up for the night out squad you feel obliged to go.

Either that or its the Scotland squad.

🤔

5 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Of course, he's talking about a night out.

He's been called up for a night out squad, but he really doesn't want to go. Fleck can't be in the night out, cos he's not been called up. Mcburnie asks if he's injured, but hes just not been called up.

So now he thinks it's shit he's going out on the night out on his own. I wonder why he's even going?

But once you get called up for the night out squad you feel obliged to go.

Either that or its the Scotland squad.

🤔

Quote EXACTLY the clear transcript of what is said and then we'll talk, pal. 

14 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Quote EXACTLY the clear transcript of what is said and then we'll talk, pal. 

You can go and listen to the enhanced audio yourself. It's clear enough to make out.

Seems a pointless exercise tho.

He could say he was going to go into the stands and take a shit on the tartan army's heads and you would be ok with that.

17 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

You can go and listen to the enhanced audio yourself. It's clear enough to make out.

Seems a pointless exercise tho.

He could say he was going to go into the stands and take a shit on the tartan army's heads and you would be ok with that.

Only if it landed on Hamish Husband 

Do most of you not play down things you're excited about? Particularly when you're talking about it with another eager person who is going to be missing out?

I would have said something very similar.
Exactly. How often do you describe going to a Scotland game to a mate as "time for 90 minutes of pish" etc. It's a coping mechanism.

All what drama?

Has this been picked up and run anywhere? 

I'm bored and clicking about the forum and ended up here reading about it. It is honestly the first I have seen of it. If he didn't want to play for Scotland, he'd just pull out. Plenty of folk have before and plenty folk will from here on. 

Seems a load of knicker wetting going on here. 

Edited by Dele

9 hours ago, Dele said:

All what drama?

Has this been picked up and run anywhere? 

I'm bored and clicking about the forum and ended up here reading about it. It is honestly the first I have seen of it. If he didn't want to play for Scotland, he'd just pull out. Plenty of folk have before and plenty folk will from here on. 

Seems a load of knicker wetting going on here. 

If you look thru the very thread your on you will see numerous links to the story on national newspapers and large Web sites.

21 hours ago, Mr.Bojangles said:

Do most of you not play down things you're excited about? Particularly when you're talking about it with another eager person who is going to be missing out?

I would have said something very similar.

Why would you play down a call up when your friend is missing out? If I was going to miss out through injury and someone else who did get called up said he hoped he doesn’t and said that it was rubbish it would make me think they were more of an arsehole not less.

This all Isn’t worth losing sleep over but the way some people are jumping through hoops to defend a guy saying he can’t be bothered playing for Scotland is bizarre to say the least.

Edited by Rodhull
wrong your

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Why would you play down a call up when your friend is missing out? If I was going to miss out through injury and someone else who did get called up said he hoped he doesn’t and said that it was rubbish it would make me think they were more of an arsehole not less.

This all Isn’t worth losing sleep over but the way some people are jumping through hoops to defend a guy saying he can’t be bothered playing for Scotland is bizarre to say the least.

I meant I would be saying it jokingly, but it would be deadpan. I would definitely be saying the part where he said he didn't want to go without Fleck. Although I would probably add something about 'Who am I gonna spoon with now?'

Maybe he actually hates Scotland, and only wanted to play for us so he could embarrass himself along the way to ruining our qualification chances. 

Seems unlikely to me. 

46 minutes ago, Mr.Bojangles said:

Maybe he actually hates Scotland, and only wanted to play for us so he could embarrass himself along the way to ruining our qualification chances. 

Seems unlikely to me. 

This is seeming exceedingly more and more likely. There's an undercover infiltrator in the camp. 

We should have seen it earlier it's obvious. He's got an English accent, he never scores.

20 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

On Sportsound just there that McBurnie interrupted training to explain the incident to the squad and assure them it wasn't down to any lack of commitment. Steve Clarke and the players fully backing him. Sounds good to me.

Edit: on BBC too https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49555017

Seems there was something in this after all.

It's unconfirmed at the moment, but it's reported that McBurnie actually said that.

Savage Henry, forameus, burnie man, Jeremiah Cole and the snudge were completely wrong.

And that I was correct all along

It's unconfirmed at the moment, but it's reported that McBurnie actually said that.
Savage Henry, forameus, burnie man, Jeremiah Cole and the snudge were completely wrong.

So McBurnie himself, the manager and the entire Scotland squad agreeing that there was nothing in it is evidence that there was something in it?

You’ve just quoted a report that literally says there was no reason for him to apologise or to question his commitment.

On 29/08/2019 at 09:10, BingMcCrosby said:

If mcburnie was talking about something else, or joking with fleck and it meant nothing he should come out and say that. Or apologise if he was slagging Scotland off. 

On 30/08/2019 at 13:59, Savage Henry said:

Why does he have to say anything? He can say whatever he damn well pleases in the tunnel before a game and it’s not one iota of anyone else’s business.

Seems he or others felt like he needed to explain himself, which he did so well done to him for admitting he got it wrong ;)

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Yes, that is 100% exactly what it means.

Image result for bing crosby gif funny

Edited by forameus

On 09/08/2019 at 20:38, forameus said:

Griffiths has played the same number of games as McBurnie in the Premier League.  He's played way more in the Premiership.  His record at International level is better than McBurnies at this stage - McBurnie no goals in seven, and three in sixteen at youth level, Griffiths has four in nineteen, and three in sixteen at youth level.

Now whether McBurnie has played at a higher level is debatable.   YOu can argue that some English Championship sides are utter humpty, and held up by a well marketed league that often ends up pretty exciting (the Scottish Championship is also exciting, but it doesn't mean the quality is high).  But OK, he's been relatively prolific in the Championship, which is a plus. If McBurnie goes on to get even high single figures this season, then that obviously trumps anything up here.  But then Griffiths has demonstrably played at a higher level, given he's made 48 appearances in Europe, with 11 goals in the Champions League (1 in the group stages) and 3 in the Europa League.  That's a level McBurnie won't even get a sniff at unless he gets a move in the coming seasons.

So where were your facts again?

Sigh.  I honestly couldn't be bothered replying to this cause it was such utter shite, but I have five minutes now.

Europe is nothing, Connahs Quay Nomads and Linfield play in Europe, so playing in Europe and scoring a goal or two is utterly meaningless, especially when your team take the shaft on a regular basis every time they play in the fabled 'Europe'.  

When your talking about a level a player plays at you're talking about the league they play in, the bread and butter every week.  McBurnie plays and has played at a vastly higher level than Griffiths, its not even close. 

The English Championship is light years better than the Scottish Premiership, absolutely miles.  Evidenced by things like an hour ago a player who got two games for a league one club (Peterborough) last season signing for Hibs, and one of the best players in the Scottish Premiership last season and for the last few seasons Greame Shinnie not even being able to get on the bench at Derby.

Whether a player gets a handful of games here and there in 'Europe' is entirely incidental and irrelevant.  If McBurnie was shite enough to opt to play at the level Griffiths plays at and if any of the clubs at that level could dream of affording him, he'd get quite a few games in Europe too, and it would be just as meaningless in judging his quality.

Compare their intl records at the same age, I don't think Griffiths had even made his debut.  Griffiths' goals in the 'Champions League' have been almost exclusively against utter shite in qualifying.

You're an idiot, virtually every word of that is utter shite, and those are the real facts.