McBurnie's socks

Guest DAVIDB69
McBurnie on the scoresheet today in the Premiership

And we’ve still got a collection of absolute roasters on this forum who don’t think he’s our best striker!

[emoji1]

You keep forgetting he has done zero for Scotland though each time he has played.

He could just as easily go six month for his next goal.

Our bar is so low when someone score a goal in the English premier that’s usually worth about 10 Scotland caps.

Just playing in the premier and being utter shite ie Hanley means you are a guaranteed starter irrespective of performance .

4 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

You keep forgetting he has done zero for Scotland though each time he has played.

Our bar is so low when someone score a goal in the English premier that’s usually worth about 10 Scotland caps.

Just playing in the premier and being utter shite ie Hanley means you are a guaranteed starter irrespective of performance .

How does being "utter shite" lead to you captaining an EPL side? not just a squad player, not just a starter, but captain?

How does being utter shite see you score 24 goals in the Championship last season on the back of 9 in 17 on loan in the second half of 17-18, then come off the bench for your EPL debut and score?

I've seen some genuinely shite players in my time, none of whom came close to doing that.

5 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Are you that much of a moron you don't understand the concept of a player getting better as they get older?

Guest DAVIDB69
How does being "utter shite" lead to you captaining an EPL side? not just a squad player, not just a starter, but captain?
How does being utter shite see you score 24 goals in the Championship last season on the back of 9 in 17 on loan in the second half of 17-18, then come off the bench for your EPL debut and score?
I've seen some genuinely shite players in my time, none of whom came close to doing that.

You have proved the point I was trying to make.

Hanley has played 12 league games in the last year so hasn’t captained them that much.

He has been responsible for lots of the goals Norwich have conceded so far.

Once they get the side they want he won’t be playing.

Despite all that , someone he qualifies as a certain starter for Scotland .

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Hanley has played 12 league games in the last year so hasn’t captained them that much.

I asked how they can get to where they are by being "utter shite"? not just poor, not just average, but "utter shite"

In Hanley's case, he must have fooled a lot of experienced football people and a few Scotland managers along the way as well, and is still fooling them. Maybe it's because he isn't "utter shite" after all.  Same with McBurnie.

At no point have I said either should be starters for Scotland at the moment, although Hanley has 29 caps under his belt.

McBurnie in only 23 but he is being written off already as "utter shite" by some   :rolleyes:

McBurnie seems to be coming on, good season last year and got him his move and seems to have started brightly which is great to see. To be calling people roasters because they don't believe he is our best striker is very odd. As mentioned he hasn't done anything of any note in a Scotland shirt as yet and that is all I really care about, I think he may get a chance to come off the bench or even start one of the games coming up, here is hoping he can show us all what he is made of and match the hype surrounding him down south.

Guest DAVIDB69

Yes I hope mcburnie becomes an international quality player as well but the fact he scored a lot of goals in the championship , and one goal so far doesn’t mean it’s automatic that he become international quality.

The poor striker choice is what has held us back for years and stops us qualifying for tournaments

7 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Hanley is utter brutal up there with 1 of the worst immobile CB I have ever seen in a Scotland shirt.......also can trap a bag of cement utter riddy

On 26/08/2019 at 09:54, DAVIDB69 said:

What the f**k is this shit, btw? We've not to call up a stiker who has just scored on his EPL debut because it might be the last one he scores for 6 months?

I think everyone on here is well aware of the amount of shite you talk but by f**k you're surpassing yourself here.

Yes I hope mcburnie becomes an international quality player as well but the fact he scored a lot of goals in the championship , and one goal so far doesn’t mean it’s automatic that he become international quality.

The fact that he’s got a better goal scoring record and is playing at a higher level than any other candidates means that he IS international quality!

Can't hear a word of what is said on the vid
Fleck: "Are you going away?"
McBurnie: "I hope not."

He then asks Fleck "so you're leaving me to go on my own?" and you can hear him say "it's shite" at the end.

It could just be banal banter from banterman McBurnie and it is a poor quality clip out of context, but it reflects pretty poorly on him and it's understandable why folk are raging.

Fleck: "Are you going away?"
McBurnie: "I hope not."

He then asks Fleck "so you're leaving me to go on my own?" and you can hear him say "it's shite" at the end.

It could just be banal banter from banterman McBurnie and it is a poor quality clip out of context, but it reflects pretty poorly on him and it's understandable why folk are raging.
Thanks.
It sounds to me like shitey bantz. Like you might say on a Friday afternoon to a workmate who can't go with you to watch a game "ah well, 90 mins of shite for me to look fwd to tomorrow at Hampden. Wish I couldn't make it as well" (hilarious, eh?)
But it's a bit silly of modern footballers at that level to be a) saying things like that (most do the lip covering thing on the pitch) and b) to be filming it (apparently it was released on Sheffield Utd TV)

Realistically though look at the press stuff McBurnie's done in the past about how much it means to him playing for Scotland. Let's not make a mountain out of a... Who the f*ck am I trying to kid! Burn him!!!!