Tonight's results

Nimmo's Notes

Just now, Harry’s Toffee Knees said:

BSC will surely be happy to have taken 4 points from two tricky opening fixtures. The Spartans’ Twitter feed made it sound as if it was rather robust at times. 

People always seem to underestimate BSC.

Just now, Harry’s Toffee Knees said:

BSC will surely be happy to have taken 4 points from two tricky opening fixtures. The Spartans’ Twitter feed made it sound as if it was rather robust at times. 

Most BSC games are rather robust. 

19 minutes ago, Victor von Doom said:

Horn surely getting his cards in the morning. Losing a goal to Berwick is close to being a sackable offence, but three!😨

As  if Berwick were going to go the whole season without scoring a goal.

Headed across town to the Strollerdome tonight tight game that Civil won with a first half goal. Stirling deserved something out of the game on the balance of play but the Strollers stood firm. Great start for them with Bonnyrigg to come on Saturday next. 

58 minutes ago, Harry’s Toffee Knees said:

Not entirely sure why that should be. Second last year, hard to beat, and certainly capable of scoring goals.

And I'd imagine a bit money behind them which can go under the radar at times, you dont play miles away from home get criticised on a regular basis and finish where they are regular yet some on here write them off every time  ? 

They get stronger by the season and good luck to them,theres quite a few teams in the west who I'm sure would now love to be in their position. 

Fair play to all connected to the club. 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

And I'd imagine a bit money behind them which can go under the radar at times, you dont play miles away from home get criticised on a regular basis and finish where they are regular yet some on here write them off every time  ? 

They get stronger by the season and good luck to them,theres quite a few teams in the west who I'm sure would now love to be in their position. 

Fair play to all connected to the club. 

Good points but still not much clearer on why it is that others write them off so blithely. If they were a flash in the pan, then that would perhaps be understandable, but they seem to  have been consistently rising over the seasons, so you would perhaps expect them to be considered as potential winners. However, when I see people predict their challengers, they rarely get a mention.