Scottish cup 2019/20

eyeswideopen15

Raises a point tho. Is there any lower league teams in your region that you would fancy to give the big boys a serious fright. I'm not saying go on to win it but could maybe get to later stages and possibly putting out one of the big boys on their way.

For me Mauchline are miles ahead of anyone else in the lower leagues in ayrshire and on their day could compete with most teams especially in a one off cup game at home. That's if they can keep their big players on the park.

By the reading on here are Lauriston Thistle also one of the sides

22 hours ago, Gazzah said:

Interested to see the amount of teams entered in this years competition. Anywhere can see a list of the last 5 years entries. Some amount of teams folded etc just wondering how much over that spell.

Was at the SAFA council meeting last week at was reported club membership is more or less the same as this time last year, with the over 35's seeing a increase in teams also only the one league down 

Raises a point tho. Is there any lower league teams in your region that you would fancy to give the big boys a serious fright. I'm not saying go on to win it but could maybe get to later stages and possibly putting out one of the big boys on their way.

For me Mauchline are miles ahead of anyone else in the lower leagues in ayrshire and on their day could compete with most teams especially in a one off cup game at home. That's if they can keep their big players on the park.

By the reading on here are Lauriston Thistle also one of the sides

Drongan way Keane and connor boyd up top best strike force in the league imo

On 31/07/2019 at 20:35, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Was at the SAFA council meeting last week at was reported club membership is more or less the same as this time last year, with the over 35's seeing a increase in teams also only the one league down 

Would be interested to see figures without over 35’s as them being in can be misleading to where amateur is in comparison to last few years.

We are seeing clubs fold , not fulfilling friendly fixtures more and more  , not sure what the answer is but certainly worth looking at local leagues again as there does not seem to be appetite to travel as much for players these days with society changing , working shifts more common etc .

Thata a frightening return at any level of football mate. Is he a younger guy. Well played on keeping hold of him.

20 mate boys a machine he’s had a knock and been rested most pre season ,i agree mauchline hard team to play and should win that league ,there’s always a wee surprise team though can’t wait to Saturday to get started

You would think a younger guy with so much raw talent will only get better playing next to someone like Keen. It will be interesting to see how yous progress. Good luck and I'll get along to take in a couple of your kilmarnock area ties this season.

20 mate boys a machine he’s had a knock and been rested most pre season ,i agree mauchline hard team to play and should win that league ,there’s always a wee surprise team though can’t wait to Saturday to get started