League cup knock out

stumpy

17 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

They were drawn last year so this year will just be a reversal of home advantage. I know this doesn't help much......but I'm waiting on the same thing.

Could be beith v largs then, from memory last year think kilbirnie were at the buffs ☺️

Monday 12th August

Sectional League Cup

Group winners

8 Games 6:45PM

Game A) 1 v 2

Game B) 4 v 3

Game C) 6 v 5

Game D) 8 v 7

Game E) 10 v 9

Game F) 12 v 11

Game G) 13 v 14

Game H) 16 v 15

Wednesday 14th August

Sectional League Cup

Quarter -Finals 6:45 PM

Game 1) B v A

Game 2) D v C

Game 3) E v F

Game 4) H v G

Monday 12th August
Sectional League Cup
Group winners
Game A) 1 v 2
Game B) 4 v 3
Game C) 6 v 5
Game D) 8 v 7
Game E) 10 v 9
Game F) 12 v 11
Game G) 13 v 14
Game H) 16 v 15

Wednesday 14th August
Sectional League Cup
Game 1) B v A
Game 2) D v C
Game 3) E v F
Game 4) H v G

That’s only 6 and then 3?

This a wind up?

Monday 12th August
Sectional League Cup
Group winners
Game A) 1 v 2
Game B) 4 v 3
Game C) 6 v 5
Game D) 8 v 7
Game E) 10 v 9
Game F) 12 v 11
Game G) 13 v 14
Game H) 16 v 15

Wednesday 14th August
Sectional League Cup
Game 1) B v A
Game 2) D v C
Game 3) E v F
Game 4) H v G

3 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
5 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:
On the app it only shows first 6 fixtures for some reason..... shows all on web page.

Bit shit that could be same teams as last year tho, surely it can be mixed up a bit?

Looks like some folk have no idea how this cup works.

eh ?

2 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

eh ?

How I remembered the league cup worked or even used to work before Ayrshire and Central teams merged and how it works now.

Ayrshire was same as central, local teams were put together in a league section and the winners and usually runners up qualified for the next round which was  arranged via a draw and then QF then SF and F. Ayrshire and Central had separate league cups. Then when they merged it was one big league cup but still in local teams, for years,. For example it used to be Pollok, Arthurlie, Neilston and Benburb, (sometimes St Antonys, if I'm not too mistaken). Think the same was up until two or three years ago so now there has been a change with the local teams changed. I am not to sure how they work it out but there's some reason now behind the league cup group draws.

One of the original reasoning it allowed smaller teams face bigger teams and local derbies could stimulate interest.

Im sure I will be corrected here if wrong or more detail can be added but you get the just of it

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

How I remembered the league cup worked or even used to work before Ayrshire and Central teams merged and how it works now.

Ayrshire was same as central, local teams were put together in a league section and the winners and usually runners up qualified for the next round which was  arranged via a draw and then QF then SF and F. Ayrshire and Central had separate league cups. Then when they merged it was one big league cup but still in local teams, for years,. For example it used to be Pollok, Arthurlie, Neilston and Benburb, (sometimes St Antonys, if I'm not too mistaken). Think the same was up until two or three years ago so now there has been a change with the local teams changed. I am not to sure how they work it out but there's some reason now behind the league cup group draws.

One of the original reasoning it allowed smaller teams face bigger teams and local derbies could stimulate interest.

Im sure I will be corrected here if wrong or more detail can be added but you get the just of it

I know and understand the rational. I just thought it would have been a bit more interesting if for example, group 16 (The Gow's group) could have went in a draw with 13, 14 and 15 to give it and extra thrill.

Thanks for the reply btw and not being a condescending arse like others I could mention.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

32 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

I know and understand the rational. I just thought it would have been a bit more interesting if for example, group 16 (The Gow's group) could have went in a draw with 13, 14 and 15 to give it and extra thrill.

Thanks for the reply btw and not being a condescending arse like others I could mention.

Yeah agree with you in regards the draw, however, I liked the original local group sections as it gets all the locals interested with a derby coming up straight away. I think after that, maybe a simple draw should suffice, just to shake it up a little so any winner of any group could be drawn against any other winner, just like the old European cup lolol, no seeding, no fixing, just champions of each group in a mixed draw so lady luck is present in the draw and not just games.

I didn't think you were being condescending. If I know an answer or think some input will help then I try to do so, can't be bothered with the people trying to get one over others, what's the point, you don't gain anything and most people just shake their head at them think that's a person to just avoid. Spats are nearly on every post on P&B

There are 8 Sections with either 8 or 7 teams, grouped geographically. 4 Sections cover Ayrshire & Renfrewshire (approximately, as Bens & Ants are also included) and the other 4 Sections cover Lanarkshire, Glasgow & Dunbartonshire.

A draw was done before Season #1 (2018-19) to split each Section into 2 Groups of 4 or 3 teams.

The Group winners play off in R2 to determine a Section winner, then the QFs & SFs follow a predetermined geographical draw.

This is done to minimise traveling distances (as most games will be midweek) and to ensure that one finalist is from Ayrshire + Renfrewshire with the other from the old Central Region (minus Renfrewshire).

The predetermined draw also allows clubs to make provisional plans when rounds are scheduled in close succession.

For Season #2 (2019-20) the draw remains exactly the same as Season #1 but with home advantage reversed throughout (apart from a little tweaking) and the scheduling of Group games being rotated so that fixture #2 becomes #1, #3 becomes #2 and #1 becomes #3.

For Season #3 (2020-21) the Sections will remain unchanged, but there will be a new draw to split each into 2 Groups in a different way. (Will there be some sort of seeding to ensure an identical draw is avoided?)

As far as I know the draw for the knockout stages will remain unchanged for Season #3 but perhaps home advantage will be reviewed/re-drawn?

If I've got any of the above wrong then I welcome all corrections & clarification.

Edited by archieb

Yeah agree with you in regards the draw, however, I liked the original local group sections as it gets all the locals interested with a derby coming up straight away. I think after that, maybe a simple draw should suffice, just to shake it up a little so any winner of any group could be drawn against any other winner, just like the old European cup lolol, no seeding, no fixing, just champions of each group in a mixed draw so lady luck is present in the draw and not just games.

I didn't think you were being condescending. If I know an answer or think some input will help then I try to do so, can't be bothered with the people trying to get one over others, what's the point, you don't gain anything and most people just shake their head at them think that's a person to just avoid. Spats are nearly on every post on P&B
Just proves my point that some folk haven't a clue about the format.
What you're suggesting could throw up Largs v Lesmahagow or Cumbernauld v Kello.
I can imagine that raising a few moans if it's to be a 6,45 ko on a Monday night.

18 hours ago, Viewparker said:

I’m sure this has been covered before but why are Vale of Clyde in the same group as Vale of Leven, Clydebank and Yoker ? 

Section E comprises those 4 plus Pollok, Maryhill, Rossvale & Shettleston.

Those 8 were drawn into 2 Groups (9 & 10) for seasons 2018-19 and 2019-20 and will be re-drawn for next season and the subsequent one.

10 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Just proves my point that some folk haven't a clue about the format.
What you're suggesting could throw up Largs v Lesmahagow or Cumbernauld v Kello.
I can imagine that raising a few moans if it's to be a 6,45 ko on a Monday night.

Proves your point nothing, for god sake.
Why do people talk about people when they have absolute no knowledge of them, their views and what they know or do not know

I never said to shake it up is the perfect solution, did I, No.

All I'm saying is it would be interesting to shake it up but midweek games and travelling make it awkward.
having spent my junior career as many have done between Ayrshire and central, I know to well of the implications of the reasoning why the league cup format is the way it is.
We want to make it as easily as possible for clubs not put awkward things in front of them, travelling and financially.
Last night one of the Rossvale players turned up about 10 minutes before Half time as he was (I expect at work) but he was still included on the team sheet and dare say it, a few others teams might have had to do the same. and yes I have had to deal with problems like that as a coach last year with an academy, our young team got drawn to Banff in the Scottish cup, costing £700, that could cripple any team

The funny thing is with people, me included, when you read a post, is it always conveyed the way it is meant