Kilmarnock vs Hello Sevco/Bye Bye Rangers

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

No, my point was that the furore regarding 2 guys on a roof causing it to cave in didn't really merit the furore we have seen so far from it.  They should be accountable but I would expect something that has been built for a public arena that can be stepped on to should be able to withhold a certain degree of weight, and if it doesn’t to have it protected by some sort of barrier. There will be an investigation into this no doubt and i can see the roofs either being reinforced or some sort of barrier stopping  you from goin on it so easily. The guys will no doubt rightly be caught too though.

Agree that you’d expect it to be able to hold a couple of guys however watching it back there are 4 on it with a 5th climbing up which in fairness to the club I’d not really expect a temporary roof to be able to hold.

That issue alone isn’t worth getting all the attention however it’s just one a series of issues on the day. From the usual behaviour around the ground (chucking empties in the street and gardens around the ground, pissing in people’s gardens, shouting abuse at everyone, signing Sectarian songs, etc..). To then their behaviour in the ground where they forced open the Chadwick stand gates and the mob ran in, to sitting in the home end shouting abuse at everyone, jumping on this roof and injuring one of their own support, jumping on the roof of the building at the side of the Frank Beattie stand, the pitch invasion and continuing the Sectarian song book it adds up to why most other supporters think they are an absolute shower.

To be fair though I’ve seen the same or a variation on it from your lot as well.

1 hour ago, TheCelt67 said:

Hopefully nothing serious with the injured lad from the disabled section.  Said it before regarding fines or in this case cost of damages, clubs should seek to bill the fans responsible.  A ban isn't always enough for bawbag behaviour.

That's your strict liability territory. Neither Rangers or Celtic will ever vote for that due to the constant misbehaviour of their fans...

26 minutes ago, killieshire said:

Agree that you’d expect it to be able to hold a couple of guys however watching it back there are 4 on it with a 5th climbing up which in fairness to the club I’d not really expect a temporary roof to be able to hold.

That issue alone isn’t worth getting all the attention however it’s just one a series of issues on the day. From the usual behaviour around the ground (chucking empties in the street and gardens around the ground, pissing in people’s gardens, shouting abuse at everyone, signing Sectarian songs, etc..). To then their behaviour in the ground where they forced open the Chadwick stand gates and the mob ran in, to sitting in the home end shouting abuse at everyone, jumping on this roof and injuring one of their own support, jumping on the roof of the building at the side of the Frank Beattie stand, the pitch invasion and continuing the Sectarian song book it adds up to why most other supporters think they are an absolute shower.

To be fair though I’ve seen the same or a variation on it from your lot as well.

Disgusting behaviour. Not only destroying disabled facilities being sectarian towards the deaf too...

This might be a very unpopular opinion on this thread, especially due to what transpired today with the unfortunate roof collapse on the most vulnerable (unable to vacate the area quickly).
But, a very large proportion of OF fans are the absolute worst specimens of Scottish society.

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

This might be a very unpopular opinion on this thread, especially due to what transpired today with the unfortunate roof collapse on the most vulnerable (unable to vacate the area quickly).
But, a very large proportion of OF fans are the absolute worst specimens of Scottish society.

Have to agree, I had the misfortune of being in Glasgow the day rangers were playing Marseille in pre season and some of the very worst dregs of society we’re on display obviously kitted out in rangers attire. I don’t think it’s unfair to say that these two attract some of the worst people in Scottish society. Some of them had to be seen to be believed, and not a minority either. Just mutants everywhere. There have been countless episodes over the years at Dens alone.. Fireworks aimed at Dundee fans (Celtic), urinating where they stood (Celtic), looting shops after defeat (Rangers) to name a few. I personally don’t find the singing offensive, it’s the whole package that comes with them both that make them visiting unpleasant for everyone else. Every club has morons in their support but the percentage must be considerably higher than the average when it comes to the OF. Would be great if we all just told them they weren’t welcome at our grounds. 

That's your strict liability territory. Neither Rangers or Celtic will ever vote for that due to the constant misbehaviour of their fans...
You are under the impression that all the other clubs would vote for it.?

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:
39 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

You are under the impression that all the other clubs would vote for it.?

They'd certainly be more likely to vote for it, imo. It could be seen as a way to cut out behaviour that has arisen in other higher profile games like the Edinburgh derbies. 

Then again it comes down to self interests in the end up so we'll probably not see it for the foreseeable future.

No, my point was that the furore regarding 2 guys on a roof causing it to cave in didn't really merit the furore we have seen so far from it.  They should be accountable but I would expect something that has been built for a public arena that can be stepped on to should be able to withhold a certain degree of weight, and if it doesn’t to have it protected by some sort of barrier. There will be an investigation into this no doubt and i can see the roofs either being reinforced or some sort of barrier stopping  you from goin on it so easily. The guys will no doubt rightly be caught too though.

That stand was built in 1994. The roof has never collapsed before. The roof is there to stop the rain hitting people in wheelchairs. If people climb on it, it’s because they are fucking idiots. You can’t just step into it, you have to climb. The only people to blame for what happened are the half wits who jumped on it!

45 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Scottish football had the chance to change the voting format but they never took it.

1 minute ago, olliethedug said:

That stand was built in 1994. The roof has never collapsed before. The roof is there to stop the rain hitting people in wheelchairs. If people climb on it, it’s because they are fucking idiots. You can’t just step into it, you have to climb. The only people to blame for what happened are the half wits who jumped on it!

They won’t get on to it the next time they visit. Apparently Killie are no longer going to sell them tickets for a large area of seating behind it.  Another cut it their allocation and no one to blame bar themselves.  

Not going to be very popular here but I kind of agree with your first sentence there, they shouldn't have been up there & will now be banned for their actions but I don't believe they would have done it if they thought the roof would collapse. The ironic thing is that all the little arseholes who invaded the pitch will get away scot free as they always do, while those 2 who stayed off it will be the fall guys.

Sensible post mooms. Always said you were a good guy [emoji1360]

Guest Moomintroll
Scottish football had the chance to change the voting format but they never took it.

benny, I will never comment on that but you were very quick to condemn the idiots that invaded the pitch today, people on here need to give you credit for that.

Oh well, the first weekend of the new Scottish fitba’ season has went well, in regard to the news stories carried during the week..... clubs improving CCTV.... crackdown on the type of incidents that brought shame on our game last season.... blah, blah.

One weekend, and we’ve the Green Brigade being fannies (no surprise), and the Sevco being fannies, but fannies that also result in injury....

Roll on week 2. The cockwomble will sort this out, no worries. Pffftttt.

14 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

We need to see police with batons drawn wading into the orc scum! Beat their heads in and they'll think twice next time.

No need for that, clubs have upgraded their CCTV this close season. It’s all under control.

13 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

We need to see police with batons drawn wading into the orc scum! Beat their heads in and they'll think twice next time.

This is the only way we will get them sorted! The softly softly approach allows them to do what the heck they like with mob rule winning. Either the offending clubs are punished with a points deduction or games behind closed doors or we send in the heavy mob.