Cove Rangers v Edinburgh City 03/08/2019

Think a lot of the arrogant fans of League 2 outfits should give Cove some praise now amirite? Especially the bitter Cowden ones. I’d be shocked if Cove aren’t in League One in the next 2 years.

Me and[mention=1679]TheScarf[/mention] right again.
No arrogance that I've read. We're just taking the lead from the HL fans who don't seem to have a good word for them. That their chairman presided over the shafting of our club by the SFA does give QP fans a head start in disliking them.

37 minutes ago, theycallmetrinity said:
2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
This one deserves a medal. First Cove poster on P&B. Welcome (don’t be so modest)
Well done yesterday, anyway.

Na, he's only repeating what Hartley said on the radio this morning.

At least he can use P&B. 

What to say about this game?

Edinburgh City were an absolute shambles.  Keystone cops defending allowed Cove a few easy goals.

Only bright spot for me anyway was Liam Henderson getting sent off, as a suspension will achieve something Mcdonagh is not capable off, and get this liability out the team.

Cove actually are not that great either!

No doubt they'll make the playoffs this season, but if they had been in the league last year 4th or 5th would be their best placing.

City were diabolical yesterday and have problems. Even a Brechin or Cowden would have spanked us on that performance.

19 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Edinburgh City were an absolute shambles.  Keystone cops defending allowed Cove a few easy goals.

Only bright spot for me anyway was Liam Henderson getting sent off, as a suspension will achieve something Mcdonagh is not capable off, and get this liability out the team.

No doubt they'll make the playoffs this season, but if they had been in the league last year 4th or 5th would be their best placing.

City were diabolical yesterday and have problems. Even a Brechin or Cowden would have spanked us on that performance.

Steady.

29 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Bring back Gary Jardine.

30 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We did tonk City the last time we played them.

Yes that's true. I remember that 4-1 game. You had a wee striker that scored a hat-trick. City obviously were shite that day as well, but we were even worse yesterday!

Och...it's only the first day of the season. Plenty of time for us both to improve things. I'm sure cowdenbeath will do well at home, anyway.

The league looks a really poor standard this season, ANY team that gets their game organised could win it this time.

4 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Yes that's true. I remember that 4-1 game. You had a wee striker that scored a hat-trick. City obviously were shite that day as well, but we were even worse yesterday!

Och...it's only the first day of the season. Plenty of time for us both to improve things. I'm sure cowdenbeath will do well at home, anyway.

The league looks a really poor standard this season, ANY team that gets their game organised could win it this time.

No one ever won or lost a league after one match. It was Jordan Allan who done the damage.

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Looking at results that 4-1 was the start of City's rot with just 1 win in 12 , against the Pars mind you which is good:lol:

37 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

What's the situation with Cove? I assume they're being 'bankrolled' by some North Eastern oil sheikh?

Kind of. Just had a wee look at their sponsors. Five, all offshore energy companies, some global. New shirt sponsorship "six-figure sum over 3 years". Loose change to an oil sheik but highly desirable for anyone else in L2. The stadium name isn't anything to do with the queen and her tribe; other than Chairman Jim Milne of Balmoral Group getting a CBE, having Charles at his place last year and having a personal wealth of £162m.  Probably a pal of Ian Wood.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/business/north-of-scotland/1577945/balmoral-group-founder-jim-milne-gives-prince-charles-a-grand-tour/

http://www.coverangersfc.com/news/ace-group-agree-record-three-year-deal-to-become-new-shirt-sponsors-of-cove

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Kind of. Just had a wee look at their sponsors. Five, all offshore energy companies, some global. New shirt sponsorship "six-figure sum over 3 years". Loose change to an oil sheik but highly desirable for anyone else in L2. The stadium name isn't anything to do with the queen and her tribe; other than Chairman Jim Milne of Balmoral Group getting a CBE, having Charles at his place last year and having a personal wealth of £162m.  Probably a pal of Ian Wood.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/business/north-of-scotland/1577945/balmoral-group-founder-jim-milne-gives-prince-charles-a-grand-tour/

http://www.coverangersfc.com/news/ace-group-agree-record-three-year-deal-to-become-new-shirt-sponsors-of-cove

So basically....

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

No.

.... aye.

34 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

So basically....

.... aye.

Not at all. Unless you’re saying getting various sponsorship deals is defined as being “bankrolled” of course. They do not have someone bankrolling them.